CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Inspirational Stories and Experiences
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th January 2007, 09:28 AM
MarieM

Default Eucharist

Well, I am new here and I have debated if I should share this, actually, two experiences, but, I have debated to share both.

I would like to share them so here goes......

The first happened a few months ago.
I was going through a very bad time and was having an awful weekend.
It was a Monday. I had to bring my little boy to school at 7am then go home and pick up my oldest at 8am. In the meantime I had to make sure my 3yr. old was dressed and in her carseat!! At 11am I had to leave again to pick up my oldest (she is homeschooled). On the way to pick her up I noticed a weird noise with my car. (I go down a back-country road because it is much faster) I thought engine trouble but then realized it must be a flat tire.

I was in the middle of nowhere during the time noone is home and I had my baby with me in the car and noone to help. I prayed to my angel and had NO IDEA where to pull over. It was muddy and yucky everywhere. I saw a street and pulled over. I opened the car door and announced to God, "NOW WHAT?????" as I dialed my cell phone to call my dad. I was really not happy and I was scared and just sad about the whole weekend. I didn't know what to do to make things better.

I opened the door I looked up and saw a man coming towards me driving a backhoe.
He came to me and said, "You have a flat."
Following him were two men. They had been cutting wood at a wood workshop on the corner where I had decided to pull in.

I said, "Thank you so much!" He said, "If it was my wife I would want someone to do the same."

They fixed my flat in ten minutes! It was so amazing and such a wonder!
The one man even made sure my tire was not worn and took it into the house on the corner to fix it!

I thanked the men and as I got into my car to leave and pick up my daughter I looked up at the road sign.........

It read EUCHARIST................

I drive that road almost daily and I have never seen those men again and I DO always see the sign EUCHARIST.

The next day I went to confession and that Sunday Communion.

M.
Old 20th January 2007, 05:56 PM

Hi Marie,

I had a similar experience but without the Eucharist!

My family and I were driving home from a vacation in Hilton Head, SC. We decided not to take I-95 but go through South Carolina to I-81. We needed gas and stopped in the middle of no where (at least it seemed like no where to me since I'm from NY). I just happened to look at one of the tires and noticed it was going flat. I started to panic thinking how can we fix this, we can't ride on the spare for 500 miles on the highway. I went into the small store attached to the gas station and asked if there was any place to get a tire fixed. There was building I hardly noticed right nearby and I was told they can fix it. Ten minutes later we were on the road again! To me this was definetely a blessing, we could have been on the highway and had major problems or an accident but it was so painless that only God must have a had a hand in it all. I love when that happens, God seems so close and we know that he cares !
Old 20th January 2007, 06:07 PM
MarieM

Default Eucharist

Basil,
I am so glad about your experience! I do think God is there and His angels and more often than not we don't realize it!

He does watch over us! Isn't that awesome?

God Bless,
Marie
Old 20th January 2007, 10:58 PM
Mario

Default Greetings!

MarieM,

Welcome to the forum! Great testimony!! We have 6 children ourselves and I remember those days when we had 5 of them under 10. God bless you!!

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
Old 21st January 2007, 02:02 PM
Hope

MariaM: Thank you for sharing your story. What are the odds that your car failed where it did and that those men would be there to help you? I worry about being stranded with my kids. I hope if that happens, that I'll be as as favored as you were, and SweetBasil too.
Old 21st January 2007, 05:48 PM
MarieM

Default Eucharist

Hope,
God works in our lives all of the time. I know that I seem to overlook all of the little ways He speaks to me until one day He has to shout it out!

The more I thought about the odds the more I was forced to realize that I could not ignore Him especially when I was asking for His help. I had been praying for an answer to all of my problems. I was losing hope at that time.
I really didn't know where to turn and the answer was and is right in front of my face! The Eucharist!

Hope, it seems that you are tuned into the spiritual around you. I do believe He speaks to us in our dreams sometimes. That is awesome!

God Bless,
Marie
Old 21st January 2007, 05:50 PM
MarieM

Default Mario

Wow Mario! Six children! That is so wonderful! And God Bless you and your wife! I cannot imagine 5 little ones under 10 running around! That takes great love and patience. I admire parents so much more now. It is truly a blessed vocation.

God Bless,
Marie
Old 23rd January 2007, 02:14 AM
MarieM

Default Eucharist

Hope,
I re-read your post to me and I realized something. You wrote that you wished you would be favored as I was.........

I don't feel favored, ever. Yet, I am, aren't I? I wonder why I don't feel favored? With all of my blessings. I see them intellectually, but, I don't see them in my heart.

M.