CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Catholics and other Christians
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th November 2007, 04:04 PM

Default Protestant music

In my little town, one of our local Lutheran churches plays music via chimes over a loud speaker system twice a day; once at 9AM and again at 3PM. The songs are generic in that they are always ones which glorify Jesus or God the Father. Some of them are found in our Catholic hymnal. It is a call to prayer, especially if one knows the lyrics to the chimes. This morning, much to my delight, I heard for the first time a Marian song....Hail Mary, Gentle Woman. The song that followed was Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling. The refrain to this last one is "Come home, come home..."
Wonder if the pastor knows what is coming?????

Joey
Old 10th November 2007, 05:12 PM

I heard of lutheran churches which have placed statues of the Virgin in their churches and other similar changes. You know what? Sometimes I feel that the protestants are kind of under pressure, but they can't keep that love for Mary hidden too long.
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 11th November 2007, 01:52 AM

in my home town San Ciro de Acosta they play music every 3 hours on the speakers of the bell tower, it is very beutiful to be reminded of God so frequently.
Old 11th November 2007, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Martin Luther was a Marian person, even after he separated from the Church and started organized Protestantism, he considered Mary our Mother, believed in her perpetual virginity and Immaculate Conception, so it’s no surprise for me that Lutherans venerate Mary.

See the following article for more information:

http://www.davidmacd.com/catholic/ma...er_on_mary.htm

Since Protestantism started to spread around the world (more sects), they began to loose the veneration, honor and respect Mary, as the Mother of our God and us, deserve.
Old 4th December 2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanLuis View Post
in my home town San Ciro de Acosta they play music every 3 hours on the speakers of the bell tower, it is very beutiful to be reminded of God so frequently.

Waow so since long before.., Protestant has some concerns on their music..., no wonder.. some of their songs attract me so much ...

But this is true that some of their lyric is beautiful and encouraging indeed..., no denying about it

Maybe I can conclude that, Catholic songs are original, heavenly, beautiful, graceful, glorious, somewhat mellow, somewhat static and old, and their song are beautiful, encouraging, full of spirit, emotions, more flexible, modern, and dynamic.

See, so I like Catholic songs mostly because it has HEAVENLY atmosphere, when others not even come close, but Protestant songs also have some strong points, theirs is ENCOURAGING...

Have you seen when Protestants sings in their worship services and how if we compare it with us, Catholics? How..., no denying that they are much more powerful and full of emotions when singing... and praising God...

And after read some post ago about homosexual, Protestants opinion on it seem to be better than us, hey who goes down here? Us Catholics..., oh man... , they're more energetic in praising God, and their opinion on homosexuals is better than Catholics..., and those sexual abuses cases... oh man... now the enemy of The Church can say 'poor Catholics....' now it's rusting and dusting... how long She will stand this declining...? it's just the matter of time..

If that the case, then, What Jesus mean by saying, "The Gate of Hades shall never prevail against It"? What "It" means? The Catholic Church, or The Church in general that is people of God, since Protestants is also people of God, don't you think?

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 4th December 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 13th December 2010, 03:15 PM

Default Balance is the key

I think that God wants us to appreciate and foster what is common among us that is good and be able to set aside and pray about what is different among us and harms our practicing of our Catholic faith. The devil wants us to either throw our faith under the bus in favor of other faiths or build and create more resentment with each other so as to never grow closer.

God is about moderation and the devil is about extremes many times