CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Catholic Theology Q & A
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th August 2018, 05:48 AM

Default Catholic Faith /Baptist Faith

I had an incident the other day and wonder if someone could tell me if I was in the right. I had to attend court (I have custody of my grand daughters for last 15 years) (ages 11 and 15). This was in regards for the father to start having over night weekends. The judge ruled that their father will have weekends, I asked that my stipulation was the father (who is a Catholic but living with a Baptist lady took the girls to Mass on the weekend). When he visited them before (day visits) - he always took them to Mass at our church where they altar served. Now, he states he is no longer a Catholic and wants the girls when they visit to go to the Baptist Church. The judge asked why I was against the Baptist Church? I explained that was not the case, but that the girls have been raised as Roman Catholics and it is our belief and tradition that we attend our own church. The judge then stated there was NO DIFFERENCE between attending a Catholic church or a Baptist church. That the churches were both the same. I said with our Holy Eucharist I disagreed and that there was a difference. At this point, my lawyer whispered to me to not argue and drop the matter. I feel that my rights for freedom of religion were disregarded. Of course the girls are now saying they want to please their father and go to the Baptist church when visiting. Was I wrong in stating my beliefs - that there is a difference between the two religions and that I was right to have concerns? Any feed back would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by JoAnne : 18th August 2018 at 05:50 AM.
Old 18th August 2018, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Hi JoAnne,

You are right and there is a big difference. There is always the danger for them to embrace heretical ideas especially on the Eucharist and end up being separated from the Catholic Church. The only Church that Jesus founded (Matt 16:18-19).

I donít know all the background of the story but for what you have said, I recommend you to pray for the parents of the girls, the girls and for this situation in general. Also pray the Rosary and ask our Blessed Mother to intercede in this situation. Under the advocation of our Lady Mary Help of Christians, for she is our helper (our Auxiliatrix). Ask your guardian Angel too, to intercede with the guardian Angels of the parents of the girls and the girls in the name of Jesus.

When you are with the girls I also recommend for you to read the Bible to the girls (or ask them to read for you), especially (John 6:22-71) (Luke 22:19-20) (1 Cor 11:23 ff). Pray together with the girls also for where two or three gather in Jesusí name, He is present (Matt 18:20).

Also ask the girls to watch the youtube channel of Father Mike Smith. He is very good explaining the Faith to the youth. Here is a link to his channel:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ay5iEzHafeQ&t=0h0m0s

Youíll be in my prayers as well.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 18th August 2018, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Default Why be Catholic and not just Christians?

You can also ask the girls to watch this video by Father Mike Smith (his videos are not long).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jJCbCs-y1_k
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26