CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Teaching Series - dogmatic theology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th May 2007, 02:15 AM

This topic has been mentioned many times, but the retrospective view has never been mentioned. I think that women have a special role set apart from men as well. When my first two daughters were born, I stood in awe that my wife's body bled for them, literally. This gift is inherent in every single woman. Amazing. I have often believed that women, primarily mothers, have such a natural inclination to love because of this sacrifice. My wife's heart is not at all on fire with the Holy Spirit, but she loves so easily and sacrifices for others without hesitation. I think God uses her in my life to teach me by example how to better love others. In a way, she serves as an example that I try and emulate. Suffering is a mysterious thing, and it is deeply entwined with love, something that I think mankind will never fully comprehend. Just as Jesus bled and died for us to give us life, women suffer and bleed for their children to give them life too. I think this is a mystery created within Eve at the beginning of mankind, foreshadowing Christ's suffering for us, that we may be born to eternal life.

If I was a woman, I would cherish this gift more than any role or responsibility of teaching or leadership, and if all women in the world today understood such a wonderful gift, women's rights would never have occured.

I guess this is a good segway: All you Mother's out there: An early Happy Mother's day!!!

-jay