CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Judaism
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2007, 03:24 AM

No apology needed. Sometimes evil works like a file, wearing us down until we cannot handle it any more. The negativity of some threads lately have taken the focus off where it belongs, and the file has been effective.

Like you, I am not very interested in anyone else's poor decisions, religious intolerance, or accusative posts. I am interested in the imitation of Christ, and God knows my scorecard is pretty lousy. Negative banter about people I do not know will not help me get to Heaven, it will not help me raise strong Catholic children. I choose to accept others imperfections, to love those who hate me, to accept that Muslims may someday try to kill me. Fine. I am not worried about tomorrow, I have prayers to say today. Jesus already sent His Mother to tell us that we cannot avoid the inevitable, but through prayer we can minimize the punishment.

Holy Spirit, guide us!
Old 13th April 2007, 07:10 AM

Default Lukewarm Catholics

Marry a muslim woman, what in Gods mind has got to you. Christs way and Chrurch is through toil, fight and non capitulation...the weakness and feminization of Christian men is sometimes overwhelming. Their is no equality when it come to theCatholic Church. Period. It stands above the rest, it is pure truth with no fiction, either you are with it or you are less of a person, race, or religon.
Old 13th April 2007, 10:02 AM
Padraig

Smile Lukewarmness or love?

"To whom much has been given, much will be expected." (Luke 12:4

The good God has showered us with many and very rich spiritual gifts. How sadly we have often abused and wasted these. But thats just what they are gifts, given us by a God who loves us. God caused me to be born into a Catholic devout family, I didn't earn this it was a git. This causes me to be humble for I know it is a free gift from the beloved.

Just as very often in reading the history of the Church I am too often appalled at the cruelty, sectarianism, brutality, hate and Unchristian actions of many of my Catholic sisters and brothers [from Popes right the way down in the hierarchy] so I am often amazed, startled and delighted by the intense holiness, charity and love shown by Christians of other Churches and of all religions.

If I have anything to boast of I will boast as Saint Paul tells me in the power of Christ, '7 But we hold this treasure in pots of earthenware, so that the immensity of the power is God's and not our own.'

Look for instance at the poor Jewish folk who died during the Shoah. One of the reasons they died was because we attributed to them as a Church a 'blood guilt' for the death of Christ, a dreadful calumny. Yet many of the Hebrews, our spiritual fathers went to their deaths singing and praising God. May we we be as blessedly holy if our own time of trial should come.

Mary is mother of all men, Jew and Gentile, Black or White , Catholic or Muslim. When we insult the children we insult the mother. Mary teaches us to embrace each other in deep love and respect and the tolerance and understanding that has its wellsprings in such love.

So if we have to boast let us boast in our common Mother, the Queen of Heaven, Mary most holy.

Last edited by Padraig : 13th April 2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 13th April 2007, 12:14 PM
Hope

Climacus:
Quote:

If I ever marry I would marry a modest and devout muslim woman a hundred times over than any woman who populates this fallen country.

Speaking on behalf of women of this fallen country, let me just say that we will more than happy to let some "lucky" Muslim woman have you.

And you think AI001 is insulting . . . you top the cake, Bub. The country has it's issues, but if you can't find a single descent woman among them, then maybe the fault is in you.

Last edited by Hope : 13th April 2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 13th April 2007, 12:18 PM
AI2001

Default The truth sometimes is offensive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climacus Areopagite View Post
Congratulations AI2001, whoever you are, you are the first person who offended me in this forum.

Maybe instead of "exposing Islam for the evil it is" you out to concentrate on exposing the sins of your own people-woman.

Maybe you ought to attack the woman of our country and how brazenly bold and immodest they are.

If I ever marry I would marry a modest and devout muslim woman a hundred times over than any woman who populates this fallen country.

Nicholas

You should be offended on behalf of 700 million women that are forced to be nothing more than chattel...

You should be offended on behalf of 700 million women that are treated in a worse manner than a beast of burden...

You should be offended on behalf of 700 million women that are nothing more than "tilth to be plowed by men at will"...

You should be offended on behalf of 700 million women that are going to make up the majority of hell's membership for simply being of the wrong sex...

You should be offended on behalf of 700 million women that are raped, beaten, sodomized, forced to wear "head to toe bags" with either slits for eyes or netting because men are unable to control their sexual lusts...

Nope, you are not offended by that, you are offended because you were confronted with the reality of those women's lives...

Those women are not "modest" by choice, their "modesty" is forced upon them and their punishment is swift & severe: DEATH, because a man's honor has been damaged not the woman's honor, but that mans...
Old 13th April 2007, 12:34 PM
AI2001

Default Please do marry one

Quote:

Nicholas

Please do marry a moslem woman, she will forever be greatful that you have spared her a life of being a field to be plowed, a punching bag, etc. etc. etc.

You just need to keep a few things in mind:

1) A moslem woman is not permitted to marry a non-moslem man. You will have a choice or two or three to make:
(a) revert & become a moslem
(b) your moslem wife shall have to abandon her family. Your new family shall have to keep looking over their shoulder because her moslem family in all likelihood will come after her and you because she put a blemish on the honor of the family. HER DEATH & in all likelihood yours will restore the honor of the moslem family.

2) If you want your wife to receive pleasure in the marital bed, you may want to determine if your bride had undergone FGM (female genital mutilation, a.k.a. 'female circumcision').

3) Consanguinity, parallel-cousin marriage, etc.
Old 13th April 2007, 12:39 PM
AI2001

Default I see no reason to reinvent the wheel...

Quote:
And by the way AI2001,

Try using some of your own words for a change instead of these infinite copy and pastes. If I want to learn about all the evils of the Islam extremests I can do a google, dear woman.

Nicholas

I see no reason to reinvent the wheel when more knowledgeable persons have already trod down that path.

And btw, that is not an extremists way of treating women. That is how moahammad and allah have said to treat women, there is nothing extreme about it, that is islam, and you would have known that had you bothered to do a google search or better yet, read the qur'an & ahadith for yourself.
Old 13th April 2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Congratulations AI2001, whoever you are, you are the first person who offended me in this forum.

Maybe instead of "exposing Islam for the evil it is" you out to concentrate on exposing the sins of your own people-woman.

Maybe you ought to attack the woman of our country and how brazenly bold and immodest they are.

Nicholas

In my anger at AI2001 I exagerated in this above quote. I meant to say the majority of woman in society are immodest and in some way lord it over men or have that idea in their subconsious.

For all you God fearing, devout and modest woman in the U.S. God love and bless you, I wish there were more of you.

What I meant to say about marrying a devout and modest Muslim woman is if I had a choice between an immodest and bold U.S. woman or a modest and devout U.S. Muslim woman I would probably choose the latter. But I already decided I am not getting married so I was just using that as an example.

NOW to you AI2001. Stop talking down on me in the sarcastic unreasonable manner you do.

First: Your views are extreme and borderline fanatical. Their are good qualities in devout Muslims no matter what the short comings of their religious doctrine entails.

Second: You are a christian woman and I am a christian man. You are talking down on me. Have you read Ron's articles about roles of woman? I dont mind if you debate with me, but you are sarcastically treating me as an inferior intelligence. I deserve the respect of a christian man, and a respected member of this forum. I make honest posts, I pray for the people here at this forum. I respect Ron and the others. I study Ron's articles with utmost respect. I wrote an inspiring book about the Great Monarch who is going to conquer those Muslims you love to talk about AI2001.

Pretty much all you do is rehash information that nobody here cares about.

Maybe you should take your holy Crusade against the Muslims elsewhere. Even the medeival christians had respect for their enemies. They used Saladin's actions as a sort of model for knighthood for the study of prospective knights.

I have a Muslim friend who is devout and respected me as a christian, and now you are offending him too who is my friend.

And who really cares about this subject anyway. The Warning is coming and we have enough of our own personal problems. This is how the devil slips in and works. I am not saying Jose had bad intentions starting this thread, but why bring something like that up here anyway. This thread out to be deleted for its utmost uselessness.

Nicholas
Old 13th April 2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Climacus:

Speaking on behalf of women of this fallen country, let me just say that we will more than happy to let some "lucky" Muslim woman have you.

And you think AI001 is insulting . . . you top the cake, Bub. The country has it's issues, but if you can't find a single descent woman among them, then maybe the fault is in you.

Hope you are right I exagerated because AI2001 made me angry. Look at my post above. Yes there are some devout, modest, God-fearing woman in this country including Catholics and Protestants and other religions. I didnt mean to go over the top.

Hope, you could have realized I was angry and given me the benefit of the doubt. I have been around here long enough for you to realize that.

Nicholas
Old 13th April 2007, 05:49 PM
Hope

Hi Climacus:

I have a high opinion of you so I was taken back when I saw you state something in such a way. Now that I see you were making a sweeping statement in anger and now you are taking it back, I'll chalk it up as simply a poor choice in wording (something for which I'm notorious ).

BTW, AI2001, I find your posts interesting, even the cut and pastes.

Accepting every religion and its teachings isn't a virtue, nor is distrusting everyone that isn't Christian a virtue either. It seems like no one here is to that extreme. Other than that, I have no other comment about this little spat.

Peace.
Closed Thread