CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Coffee House
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th July 2007, 04:07 PM
Padraig

Red face Signs of the Times

Since Our Lady has asked us to read the Signs of the Times I have been trying to pay closer attention to things. Today for instance it has snowed in Argentina for the first time in a hundred years. There has been massive flooding and storms in China. The USA seems to be burning up through fires and heat and here in Ireland it continually rains with our wettest June in history.

Also at the Red Mosque in Pakistan folks continue to die as indeed they do in Gaza, Iraq and Afghanistan in continuing religious wars that seem to spread further afield every day.

I think now having witnessed these things I must pray over them, storing them like Mary in my heart to see what they mean.

Old 10th July 2007, 04:12 PM
Administrator

I think that the main place that the signs of the times are found is in the moral state of the Church and the world. For example, the widespread rejection of Church teaching among Catholics, the growing contempt for Catholicism and Christianity in the secular world, and the increase in laws which have the effect of persecuting faithful Christians for their beliefs.

Ron
Old 10th July 2007, 04:14 PM

its been like a gradual breaking of the damn for the past century. If one honestly reflects and meditates with the help of God on the state of the Church and society one may come to the conclusion that the tribulation is near. That is what happened to me.
Old 10th July 2007, 04:17 PM
Padraig

Red face

I have long believed that the Tribulation was at hand. But I think in a sense Our Lady at Medugorje knows she is preaching to the converted in asking us to read the signs.

I wonder if she is saying, 'Look children it is right , very close at hand!'

I wonder if she is saying, 'Look, look, it is right on top of you!!'
Old 10th July 2007, 04:18 PM

Signs of the times..........yes, and mankind has become indifferent and calloused when events unfold all around us. Thank you for the reminder to be like Our Mother, pondering them in our hearts.

Joey
Old 10th July 2007, 04:29 PM
Padraig

I feel such a strong sense of anticipation, Joey. I don't think Our Lady is saying such a thing for nothing. There seems a real urgency here, I feel this strongly
Old 11th July 2007, 09:44 AM
Love The Fisherman

HI Padraig,
Do you remember that parable Jesus told about the Master who planted a Vineyard and went away leaving tenants in charge? Well He sent servants to collect His produce at the appointed time and the tenants abused and killed them. Finally the Master send His Son but the tenants killed Him also. What Jesus did not say (but what I believe is true) is that the Master in a final Act of Mercy sent His Mother to plead with these tenants. And this is the Sigh of Our Times. The Pleading of the Blessed Mother! The Final Act of Divine Mercy before Justice.
Old 11th July 2007, 09:59 AM
Padraig

A good way of putting it! I suppose also the Devotion of the Divine Mercy also ties into this.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:11 AM
MARIAN

Padraig,
Today I read one of our Lady's messages from Medujorge where she asks us to 'Pray that we may be able to read the signs of the times'. I have been thinking about this and my feeling is that as things get worse and worse we will get into major anxiety and despair if we cannot see these events in the broader picture of purifying the world. Thats why Our Lady is calling us to continous prayer as we will not be able to cope otherwise.
Mary
Old 11th July 2007, 12:24 PM
Padraig

Yes Mary, Christ has won the victory, we must be full of hope. I see a lot of this as really hopeful, it would be worse if God just washed His hands of us. In the presence of Mary there is constant hope, thank God.

I apologise if I seen a bit doom and gloomish with all this, I am full of hope myself. Mary makes me so.

Last edited by Padraig : 11th July 2007 at 12:28 PM.