CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Teaching Series - dogmatic theology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th March 2007, 04:23 PM
Joan

Default Further response to TS

Your articles and insights are very instructive, very interesting, Ron, and certainly you display the courage of your convictions. In addition, you have taken the natural curiosity about prophetic events that most devout Christians share, and the understandable anxiety people feel as distresses increase, and have brought light to these areas without doom and gloom, without exploiting the topic, and without making dubious claims about what you publish. I admire your diligence, insight, erudition, forthrightness, and certainly do respect the service you have rendered to all this forum's membership by sharing these with us.

Because you have never claimed private revelation as the source of your theology, and because you also urge participants to remember that you are a fallible human being, sharing educated opinion and interpretation, because you have always clearly stated what teachings are doctrine and which are your interpretation, it is possible to extend a degree of trust to you. That trust extends to consenting to the terms you have just set forth.

However *smile* ....you could see that "however" coming a mile away, couldn't you?

However. Below is a very sound set of teaching and learning sources, by a respected, very holy priest, Father Hardon, S.J. who passed away I believe about ten years ago. His work, and his adherents, are solid and traditional, and available on the internet for everyone.

Marian Catechists founded by Father Hardon, S.J.
http://www.mariancatechist.com/

Study Courses
http://www.therealpresence.org/edu.htm

A sample article from the Father Hardon archives
http://www.therealpresence.org/archi..._Mercy_001.htm

None of us must feel that without Ron Conte and this very wonderful forum we will be outside the true Faith, or destined to perish.

Your insights have changed my life already, Ron. You have been generous to share your thinking, freely, publicly. But, I don't know you, or your background beyond the barest minimum in your brief bio over at the articles site.

Despite my admiration of Joan of Arc, I am no Joan, but a very mild person, a woman with traditional leanings and a people-pleaser not a firebrand. I've allowed others to push and browbeat me in the past and have spent years struggling with assertion and discernment issues about people. I hope you do not intend to keep raising the bar, adding strictures and litmus tests for us to continue on with you. Your are King of this CatholicPlanet.net of course--and all of us are free to use the "delete" feature on our bookmarks. But I would miss your bracing, bright forum very much.
Old 29th March 2007, 04:24 PM
Administrator

I'll begin on April 1st, Palm Sunday.

I'm hoping for daily or weekly attendance, but I'll only require that each member post in the TS threads once or twice a month. Some members prefer to do a lot of reading, and only occasional posting; and that is fine; just post once or twice a month so that I know you are following along.

Ask questions, as we cover various subjects on faith and morals, or try to give me some indication of how you understand a topic in your own words.

grace and peace to you all,

Ron
Old 29th March 2007, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Joan,

Feel free during these discussion (this goes for other members also) to point out or question when I am explaining Church teaching and when I am offering my own insights. Also feel free to piously disagree with me concerning speculative points beyond Church teaching, and concerning my own opinions.

It is, in my view, impossible to teach the Faith without using some explanations which are in the realm of speculative theology and pious opinions, but I'll try to be clear, within this series, what is Church teaching and what is opinion.

I should caution you all, though, that even faithful and well-educated theologians are not always sure which ideas fall under the category of theological opinion and which fall under the category of the ordinary non-infallible teachings of the Church, and which fall under the category of the infallible teachings of the Church. I'll elaborate on this as we go along.

I realize that I am requiring something of group members that is beyond what I have a right to expect, but these are extra-ordinary times (about to unfold), so I will nevertheless ask you all to step up to the plate.

Ron Conte
Old 29th March 2007, 05:39 PM
themilitantcatholic

Ron,

I'm ready.
I sharpened my no.2 pencil.
I have my 3-Ring Binder.
And my 3-Subject Notebook.

I'm prepared to go the distance.
Old 29th March 2007, 05:50 PM

Go ahead, I'm in.
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 29th March 2007, 06:17 PM
MarieM

Bring it on!

I would like to learn and contribute. Definitely.

One thing I agree with Joan, I myself cannot always be sure when I can post and do it with integrity. I have three children and they are my number one priority.

God Bless,
M.

ps: Ron, Would you tell us more about you? I am sincerely interested and I am happy to return in kind.......
Old 29th March 2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
ps: Ron, Would you tell us more about you? I am sincerely interested and I am happy to return in kind.......

Yes, I'll be doing that at the beginning of the Teaching Series.

Ron
Old 29th March 2007, 07:21 PM
Lee

Default Teaching Series

Ron, you are a riot, and I look forward to the series.
Lee
Old 29th March 2007, 07:43 PM
tonyg

Default Catholic Faith

I love the Catholic Faith, and I look forward to learning more about it. The truth as proclaimed in the Bible.
Old 29th March 2007, 07:58 PM

Default i realize that this is a very dumb post but I need

to be set straight. (Perhaps this will be answered in Ron's Warning series.) Since I don't know what exactly the Warning is, I can only guess at what it might be. My humble guess is that we shall all see our souls the way God sees them. I don't know if we will see our actual sins or just the result of them.
Because of my ignorance, I fear that by preparing I may not not get the Warning's full benefit or meaning. I know that we should always strive for purity. I am just concerned that if I prepare "too" well (I know that I will not come close to perfection by a long shot)...maybe the Warning won't be so bad for me and maybe I won't get the full potential benefit of being scared straight and I will laps more easily just like so many others will (We know that many will laps otherwise how could the Warning be followed by WWIII and IV. So, too, it would be arrogant for me to think that I would be immune to laps after the Warning as well.)

I guess I am just concerned that I will 1) laps after the Warning or 2) misunderstand what I need to do to straighten out. By preparing and trying to protect myself from the Warning do I risk lessening its effect and increaeing my chance at lapses?

(This post is NOT meant at all in any way as a challege to the notion of preparing, it is strictly my our ignorant concern. For it is obvious, we should always be striving for perfection whether in preparation for the Warning or not.)