CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Prayer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th April 2007, 12:37 AM

Default Audrey Marie Santo

Eternal rest grant unto the soul of Audrey Marie Santo, who died on Saturday, April 14 at the age of 23. I can't help but feel that the loss of this little victim soul inches us closer to the coming of troubled times.

Joey
Old 17th April 2007, 02:16 AM
Mario

Default I sense the same.

Joey,

Audrey was a unique victim soul, a signpost as it were. It seems to me this time of grace is coming to a close. Audrey, Mother Theresa, Padre Pio, John Paul II, in my locale: Fr. Regis, all these rocks of the Faith are passing on. Soon, the founder of the Regnum Christi Movement, will also pass on. It 's as if they held back the tide of chastisement. There are countless holy ones we know nothing of; still, the impression is that God's hand of judgment will soon fall. Before the midnight hour strikes, however, he offers the Days of Repentance, Consolation, and Healing.

God is both merciful and just. Bless his holy name!

[Psalm 46]
{46:1} Unto the end. A Psalm for the sons of Korah.
{46:2} All nations, clap your hands. Shout joyfully to God with a voice of exultation.
{46:3} For the Lord is exalted and terrible: a great King over all the earth.
{46:4} He has subjected the peoples to us and subdued the nations under our feet.
{46:5} He has chosen us for his inheritance: the splendor of Jacob, whom he has loved.
{46:6} God ascends with jubilation, and the Lord with the voice of the trumpet.
{46:7} Sing psalms to our God, sing psalms. Sing psalms to our King, sing psalms.
{46:8} For God is the King of all the earth. Sing psalms wisely.
{46:9} God will reign over the peoples. God sits upon his holy throne.
Old 17th April 2007, 02:52 AM
DiAZ216

Also Sister Lucia of Fatima, Maria Esparanza and Reyes Ruiz.
Old 17th April 2007, 01:14 PM
Love The Fisherman

Default Must Heavens Gain Be Earths Loss?

Please explain to me how the Church (Militant) is somehow weakened by the passing of these Blessed Ones? I always thought that through the blood of martyrs (in this case white martyrs) the Church on Earth was energized anew and somehow revitalized by God when He receives these faithful desciples into His Kingdom? Am I Missing Something Here?
Old 17th April 2007, 02:09 PM

Love the Fisherman,

I look at it like this: We all affect eachother on this Earth. There are many who are very sinful, bringing the chastisement. Few are prayer warriors, praying for God's mercy. The more holy, closer to God someone is, the more effective their prayers are. When these holy souls pass on, the balance of those souls holding back our just punishment is weakened.

I do not know how this balance is impacted by the Communion of Saints. Obviously they pray for us, but I do not know how that balances against our punishment due.

-jay
Old 17th April 2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Eternal rest grant unto the soul of Audrey Marie Santo, who died on Saturday, April 14 at the age of 23. I can't help but feel that the loss of this little victim soul inches us closer to the coming of troubled times.

It reminds me of speaches I heard many times at high school graduations. The graduation class is referred to as the future generation. They will shape the nation, good or bad many years later. In much the same way, as these holy souls pass on, we have to step up and allow the Holy Spirit to shape us and die unto ourselves. We are the generation to come, to soften the suffering of the world through God's mercy.

We all know our punishment is coming, but with every prayer and sacrifice, God will soften the suffering we and our children will receive.
Old 17th April 2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love The Fisherman View Post
Please explain to me how the Church (Militant) is somehow weakened by the passing of these Blessed Ones? I always thought that through the blood of martyrs (in this case white martyrs) the Church on Earth was energized anew and somehow revitalized by God when He receives these faithful desciples into His Kingdom? Am I Missing Something Here?

I agree. Audrey has joined the saints in heaven, and this can only strengthen the body of Christ. In one sense it is a loss for us, but the gain is far greater.
Old 18th April 2007, 12:35 AM
logue

Pardon my complete and total ignorance.....but who is Audrey Marie Santo? She sounds important.