CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd March 2020, 03:45 PM

Default St. Francis prophechy of the ultimate antipope...

St. Francis in this prophechy is warning about a time that is fast approaching, so it makes no logic for me that he is talking about a later part of the apocalipse. If the time is fast approaching is he going to skip over the entire first part of the apocalypse with his prophechy and talk about something that's gonna happen after the three days of darkness ? I mean, does that make any sense ?

I think this warning that St. Francis gave has to be related with the first part of the apocalypse. Otherwise it makes no sense. St. Francis is descibing something that is coming first. Or St. Francis was saying: "Before this time there is gonna be a time worst then the time of the great deluge, but don't worry about that ?"...

A short time before his death, he called together his children and warned them of the coming troubles:

“Act bravely, my brethren; take courage and trust in the Lord. The time is fast approaching in which there will be great trials and afflictions; perplexities and dissensions, both spiritual and temporal, will abound; the charity of many will grow cold, and the malice of the wicked will increase. The devils will have unusual power; the immaculate purity of our Order, and of others, will be so much obscured that there will be very few Christians who obey the true Supreme Pontiff and the Roman Church with loyal hearts and perfect charity.

At the time of this tribulation a man, not canonically elected, will be raised to the Pontificate, who, by his cunning, will endeavour to draw many into error and death. Then scandals will be multiplied, our Order will be divided, and many others will be entirely destroyed, because they will consent to error instead of opposing it.

There will be such diversity of opinions and schisms among the people, the religious and the clergy, that, except those days were shortened, according to the words of the Gospel, even the elect would be led into error, were they not specially guided, amid such great confusion, by the immense mercy of God….

Those who preserve their fervor and adhere to virtue with love and zeal for the truth, will suffer injuries and persecutions as rebels and schismatics; for their persecutors, urged on by the evil spirits, will say they are rendering a great service to God by destroying such pestilent men from the face of the earth…

Some preachers will keep silent about the truth, and others will trample it under foot and deny it. Sanctity of life will be held in derision even by those who outwardly profess it, for in those days Our Lord Jesus Christ will send them, not a true Pastor, but a destroyer.”

Last edited by Keva : 23rd March 2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 23rd March 2020, 04:06 PM

So, the purpose of this thread is to determine to which part of the apocalypse is this prophechy referring to...

Our times or not ?
I'd like to hear arguments of someone thinking differently...

Last edited by Keva : 23rd March 2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 25th March 2020, 11:27 AM
Administrator

That prophecy fits my eschatology exactly, though I had not seen it before today. After Pope Francis, a very conservative Pope will be elected. Under Francis, many conservatives rebel against the Church. Under his successor, many liberal rebel also. Both groups depart from the Church. Then the conservative Pope is martyred, during World War 3. Since Rome will be captured by the enemy, the next election is not according to the norms set by the document of JP2 called UDG. A valid Pope is elected. But when the schismatics see that a Pope can be elected outside Rome, and without too many Cardinals, and with the participation of many Bishops as electors, they decide to hold their own election.

A non-canonically elected antipope then rises to power. The true Pope reigns at the same time, but neither reigns from Rome. This will be the most prominent antipope in history so far. People will debate which Pope is valid, if any. The valid Pope will be the one elected by the Cardinals and Bishops who remained faithful to each and every Pope.

And this occurs in the first part of the tribulation, not the much later second part.