CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th December 2008, 10:37 AM

Default New tipping-point in March 2009: -

.......'When the world becomes aware that this financial crisis is worse than the 1930s crisis'
I have been following the European Anticipation Bulletin since August 2007.
They have been very accurate in their predictions, even a year beforehand to what unfolds.
The only real thing they have really got off beam was when they said there was an 80% chance of a nuclear strike regarding an attack on Iran for Oct 2008. They obviously do not factor-in Bible prophecy.
Their latest bulletin for March 2009 has just been released today:-

http://www.leap2020.eu/GEAB-N-30-is-...his_a2567.html

I was just wondering if the tipping point of this crisis, when people do come to the realisation that the longterm economic hardship will be worse than the Great Depression, that this could also be a powder keg for Social Chaos and widespread Civil Unrest which various governments may find very hard to contain?
Already today we saw the Fed cut the interest rate to almost 0% i.e. 0.25%, so they don't have much room left to cut the rate lower than that, to have any real clout to help the economy!
What Leap2020 have said, happening a month prior to the Warning, it makes a very interesting scenario, albeit a bit of a scary one to say the least for those who do not put their faith and trust in God for their well being.

Last edited by Paul Bellett : 17th December 2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: clarification added
Old 17th December 2008, 08:29 PM

Default Wow !!!!

Paul
That is the scarest website I have ever seen. It makes alot of since.
The perfect storm before God gets our perfect attention.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:15 PM

I think the current economic crisis is a providential preparation for the tribulation in that it is planting seeds in people on how to live without an abundance of money and goods, and is preparing leaders (or potential leaders) for a different type of future.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:41 AM

In the case of a global economic crisis, I think a more apt time could not be suitable for the Warning. In the last few months, people have realised that things are changing, and in this case, changing for the worse. If the Warning happens in the midst of this global lack of economic confidence, it will further reiterate the fact that we westerners are not always in control of things as we think we are.
Old 19th December 2008, 08:22 PM

Default IMF warns of economic riots, police ready for civil unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
In the case of a global economic crisis, I think a more apt time could not be suitable for the Warning. In the last few months, people have realised that things are changing, and in this case, changing for the worse. If the Warning happens in the midst of this global lack of economic confidence, it will further reiterate the fact that we westerners are not always in control of things as we think we are.

Reference: - Check out today's news article at:

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=83977

A conservative and respected organisation such as the IMF and the US Treasury can clearly see this crisis coming also in the next few months.

So as forewarned and forearmed Catholics, what would be the best practical measures that we can undertake to deal with civil unrest especially for those of us living in a big city?

> A coordinated group prayer chain

> Stepping up alms giving in the way of food and heating fuel to those are who are destitute from this situation,

> Perhaps seek out a plot of land in a rural area as a group co-operative to grow vegetables, when city food supplies are disrupted?
Old 21st December 2008, 02:23 PM

Default Martial law

I have seen several articles decrying the decision to have the Army train for any sort of stateside mission at all. The US Army's CCMRF- Counter-CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Environmental) Mission Response Forces are composed of individual brigades on standby to react to major disasters in the United States. They are not, however, trained as a police force. Under the Posse Comitatus Act, federal troops cannot be used specifically to arrest and/or investigate crimes unless called for seperately and with Congressional Approval under th Insurrection Act of 1807. The chances of martial law being declared anywhere for an extended period of time are very remote. Possible, but remote. The fact that the mention of the military preparing for such an event sends reporters screaming into the night is not surprising to me, nor is it at all a bad thing. But they should also realize that when things go bad, ala Hurrican Katrina, everyone is relieved to climb aboard military helicopters, eat military food, sleep on military cots, and enjoy the safety of military protection. And because we live where we do, thank God, there is no doubt that the power will be handed right back to civil authorities when the hazards are gone.

*off soapbox*
Old 22nd December 2008, 02:29 PM

Default Martial Law

I don't believe we need trained military personel for all those thing. That is why we have trained National Guards. IMHO
Old 24th December 2008, 02:16 PM

TRSWAGO, I think the intent of your post was to refer to the difference in mission and authority between National Guard Soldiers and Active Duty Soldiers, but our National Guard are very much "trained military personnel." As for whether or not Federal Troops should be trained and ready to respond to homeland crisis, better to be too prepared than not enough- again, were New Orleans left solely in the hand of FEMA and an overwhelmed National Guard force, a great many more innocent citizens would have died. Given the nature of Ron's interpretations of the future, I am inclined to think it a good thing to be prepared for disaster. Yours in Christ- Jeff
Old 25th December 2008, 05:18 PM
Agobard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bellett View Post

> A coordinated group prayer chain
> Stepping up alms giving in the way of food and heating fuel to those are who are destitute from this situation,
> Perhaps seek out a plot of land in a rural area as a group co-operative to grow vegetables, when city food supplies are disrupted?

Is it what you would like to recommend for the crisis?
how deep it can be and how can it look like?
Old 25th December 2008, 05:44 PM
Administrator

For surviving food shortages, famine, food distribution disruptions, etc.

store some food
grow some food
buy some food

I'm developing a set of recommendations on what to store and what to grow.
(not ready yet)

No need to worry about food shortages yet.