CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd September 2009, 03:16 PM

Question Should we fight?

Greetings,

After reading your predictions Ron about the warning, and the subsequent events, especially the war in the Middle east between arab/muslim forces and other countries, i wonder what should i do as christian?

1-Should i fight against Muslims in order to defend my religion?

or

2-Should i show no resistence, because the assassination and the martyrdom of christians makes part of god's providence and great plan, so if i get killed, i will become a martyr?

In other words, when the war occurs, what should i do? how should i react?

Thanks Ron.
Old 23rd September 2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator

We each have the right to self-defense, just as the Catechism teaches. And war can be just war, so that fighting in the military of one's nation is also just.

You will have to judge for yourself concerning your situation. I'm sure that the Warning will help with this.

2263 The legitimate defense of persons and societies is not an exception to the prohibition against the murder of the innocent that constitutes intentional killing. “The act of self-defense can have a double effect: the preservation of one's own life; and the killing of the aggressor.... the one is intended, the other is not.” [65]

2264 Love toward oneself remains a fundamental principle of morality. Therefore it is legitimate to insist on respect for one's own right to life. Someone who defends his life is not guilty of murder even if he is forced to deal his aggressor a lethal blow:

If a man in self-defense uses more than necessary violence, it will be unlawful: whereas if he repels force with moderation, his defense will be lawful.... Nor is it necessary for salvation that a man omit the act of moderate self-defense to avoid killing the other man, since one is bound to take more care of one's own life than of another's.

2265 Legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for someone responsible for another's life. Preserving the common good requires rendering the unjust aggressor unable to inflict harm. To this end, those holding legitimate authority have the right to repel by armed force aggressors against the civil community entrusted to their charge.

2308 All citizens and all governments are obliged to work for the avoidance of war. However, “as long as the danger of war persists and there is no international authority with the necessary competence and power, governments cannot be denied the right of lawful self-defense, once all peace efforts have failed.”
Old 23rd September 2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
We each have the right to self-defense, just as the Catechism teaches. And war can be just war, so that fighting in the military of one's nation is also just.

You will have to judge for yourself concerning your situation. I'm sure that the Warning will help with this.

2263 The legitimate defense of persons and societies is not an exception to the prohibition against the murder of the innocent that constitutes intentional killing. “The act of self-defense can have a double effect: the preservation of one's own life; and the killing of the aggressor.... the one is intended, the other is not.” [65]

2264 Love toward oneself remains a fundamental principle of morality. Therefore it is legitimate to insist on respect for one's own right to life. Someone who defends his life is not guilty of murder even if he is forced to deal his aggressor a lethal blow:

If a man in self-defense uses more than necessary violence, it will be unlawful: whereas if he repels force with moderation, his defense will be lawful.... Nor is it necessary for salvation that a man omit the act of moderate self-defense to avoid killing the other man, since one is bound to take more care of one's own life than of another's.

2265 Legitimate defense can be not only a right but a grave duty for someone responsible for another's life. Preserving the common good requires rendering the unjust aggressor unable to inflict harm. To this end, those holding legitimate authority have the right to repel by armed force aggressors against the civil community entrusted to their charge.

2308 All citizens and all governments are obliged to work for the avoidance of war. However, “as long as the danger of war persists and there is no international authority with the necessary competence and power, governments cannot be denied the right of lawful self-defense, once all peace efforts have failed.”

Thank you Ron for your clarification and help, i am now happy because i can fight every invador and everybody trying to assault my sacred religion...
Old 23rd September 2009, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouxi View Post
Thank you Ron for your clarification and help, i am now happy because i can fight every invador and everybody trying to assault my sacred religion...

The conditions under which one can use violence, lethal or otherwise, are limited. It is not sufficient that there merely be a threat to the nation of some kind. All three fonts of morality must be good.