CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th January 2007, 11:04 PM
tonyg

Default Does this picture look familiar?

Artists have the ability to paint a picture from a vision he or she may see in their mind.
Prophets have the ability from a special grace given by Almighty God to see things that will happen in future events.
Does any of this seem familiar to you? It sure looks familiar to me!

2 Tim 3:1-7
2 Timothy 3

3:1 But know this, that in the last days grievous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, railers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 without natural affection, implacable, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, no lovers of good,

4 traitors, headstrong, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;

5 holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power therefore. From these also turn away.

6 For of these are they that creep into houses, and take captive silly women laden with sins, led away by divers lusts,

7 ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Old 20th January 2007, 12:15 AM
VeiledProphetess

I remember when I converted to Catholicism, my father-in-law, who converted from Catholicism to the Church of Christ, quoted this passage to me. I fear he considered me one of the "silly women" mentioned here!
Old 28th January 2007, 01:21 AM
Joan

I do see the traits and characteristics listed in that passage as beginning to predominate in our society. The trait that seems to stand out very much is "implacable" as so much of what is expressed publically is harsh, scornful, filled with ridicule.

Once, I felt myself admonished by this passage, in a word to the wise from the Holy Spirit. Yes, I have actually been a silly woman! At the time that this warning was given, "those who creep into houses" seemed to point to detrimental television entertainment, including talks shows with narcissistic, "New Age" philosophies (Oprah-style) and believe it or not--lewd commercials, to which none dare boast immunity.