CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th April 2010, 07:51 AM
supporting member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsedivy View Post
I never knew much about Garabandal so I am going to check out this site and poke around. As I clicked on the link, I find it interesting that the very book I was searching on months ago that brought me HERE is advertised on his website. Just thought that was cool because it is that very book that landed me on this great web site.

Thank you for that link.

These videos are related to the book by Kelly Bowring called "The Secrets, Chastisement and Triumph". Some people in this forum have read the book and said they found it to be disappointing compared to Ron's work.

[links deleted by admin]

Old 7th April 2010, 09:02 AM

Default Garabandal's Time Bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsedivy View Post
I never knew much about Garabandal so I am going to check out this site and poke around. As I clicked on the link, I find it interesting that the very book I was searching on months ago that brought me HERE is advertised on his website. Just thought that was cool because it is that very book that landed me on this great web site.

Thank you for that link.

Does anyone in this forum subscribe to Garabandal International magazine apart from me?
It is interesting to note in this quarterly issue April- June 2010,
the focus is still on the three time-bombs (Warning/The Miracle/Chastisment) ticking away non stop in Garabandal since 1961 - written by Father Richard Foley S.J. - Ave Maria Vol13, No 4. Sept/Oct 1997 (reprinted with permission).
Old 7th April 2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredcello View Post
These videos are related to the book by Kelly Bowring called "The Secrets, Chastisement and Triumph". Some people in this forum have read the book and said they found it to be disappointing compared to Ron's work.

Thanks for the video links. I haven't read Ron's books but that is the book I was searching on when I came upon Catholic Planet. I, personally, thought the book was great. I loved it and want to re-read it. Which book of Ron's should I get?
Old 7th April 2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bellett View Post
Does anyone in this forum subscribe to Garabandal International magazine apart from me?
the focus is still on the three time-bombs (Warning/The Miracle/Chastisment) ticking away non stop in Garabandal since 1961 - written by Father Richard Foley S.J. - Ave Maria Vol13, No 4. Sept/Oct 1997 (reprinted with permission).

How did you subscribe? Is it on that same web site?
Old 7th April 2010, 11:19 AM

I don't subscribe either, but through Google found a link to the magazine. It looks like it's $17 to subscribe:

http://www.ourlady.ca/faq/magazineInternational.htm
Old 7th April 2010, 11:47 AM

A friend just sent me this (she's not Catholic, BTW) and my spiritual radar went off. Just wondering if anyone else sees the same erros that I see.

[deleted by admin]

Actually, this might not even be a good place to put this but I don't know where else in the forums to put it.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Members, please be more discerning about which links you place in your posts. There may be non-member readers who go to those sites, and they might be led astray. I've deleted the above posted links (which are also off-topic).

Also, I don't want Kelly Bowring's book promoted in this discussion group.
I'll make a few brief comments about the book, so that you understand why.

The book is 286 pages, but the whole book is double-spaced, so it is really about 143 pages or so. A large portion of the book is quoted material. Much of the book is focused not on eschatology, but on devotional material.

The book promotes the false private revelations to Ida Peerdeman. The book promotes the false teaching that there will only ever be 5 Marian dogmas.

The book quotes several paragraphs from my own translation of the Secrets of La Salette, but does not give me attribution. He attributes these quotes to the book 'Le Secret De Melanie' which is in French (even though the quotes are in English). He also quotes many of the same sources that I quote in my book The First Part of the Tribulation; he obviously has read my work and draws upon it, but he does not cite it.

The book claims that the ten horns of the beast (in Daniel and Revelation) are ten 'anti-commandments', even though Scripture explicitly states that they represent ten kings. Some of the Saints commenting on Scripture also explicitly state that they are ten kings.

He considers freemasonry (literally) to be the source of the chastisements of the tribulation. This view is only found in false private revelations.

He cites Augustine as supporting the idea of a thousand year reign of Christ, an idea that Augustine argued against.

Also, if you would believe me, there are many substantial eschatological errors in that book.
Old 7th April 2010, 02:27 PM

Thank you for explaining that, Ron. I remember when I came upon your site here via my search on that book that didn't give it much credit but you did not state why. So this helps a great deal.

Also, sorry about posting that link. Never once thought of non-members reading and happening upon it. I did respond to my friend but was hoping I gave her a good response and that I didn't miss anything. But I won't post here again as you say, because of non-members.

In joy,

Laura J
Old 7th April 2010, 05:14 PM
supporting member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
Also, I don't want Kelly Bowring's book promoted in this discussion group.
I'll make a few brief comments about the book, so that you understand why.

The book promotes the false private revelations to Ida Peerdeman. The book promotes the false teaching that there will only ever be 5 Marian dogmas.

I trusted the reviews of Kelly Bowring's book made by other members of this forum, and that is why I didn't order it.

The video that I posted did not make any mention of false private revelation. It only quoted Scripture, John Paul II, St. Faustina and Our Lady of Garabandal. But, I suppose, it is better to avoid altogether a video that might be associated with a book that contains errors.
Old 8th April 2010, 01:52 PM

Default Have experience with that magazine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bellett View Post

I used to write for them but they began to phase me out after the death of two directors. I found that they are straying away from cutting edges stuff and more toward the same drum beat of the three time bombs. For example, they dragged their feet and finally refused to post my stations of the pines piece, which I do not understand. They were going to post four of my articles in one issue when the director died and everything was scrapped. Maybe God did not want those articles to be posted ! Good for basic information on Garabandal but gets repetitive after a while.