CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st January 2010, 10:32 PM
Beeline

Default Garbandal: Joey Lomangino still alive ~Christmas Message

http://whatisgarabandal.blogspot.com...from-joey.html
Old 4th January 2010, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Joey Lomangino, who is now 78 years old and will receive new eyes on the day of the Miracle. Conchita, who now lives on Long Island, New York, (and also has a home in Fatima) has not made any public statements about Garabandal for a long time. Her son, Patrick, was married about a year ago and we heard Joey was at the wedding and looked well.

The question was asked about the date of the Miracle.
We know that Our Lady gave Conchita the date of the Miracle which she is to announce eight days in advance. She has also said it would occur on a Thursday, at 8:30pm between the 8th and the 16th of the month. Originally she said the Miracle would occur between February and May, then that was reduced to March, April or May. Conchita also ruled out May during an interview with a Mexican priest in 1965 and in an interview with Harry Daley in 1982, she ruled out March. (So it looks like April is the month for the Miracle to happen!)

Joey is now 78 years old.
Old 4th January 2010, 09:59 PM
TheGiftOfLife

It was my understanding that Joey was born in 1928 but after research on his website, and listening to his Mother Angelica Interview I have found out that his Birthday is in October of 1930

If this is true, Joey will turn 80 this coming October.

In general, be careful what you read on websites because time moves on but text stays static unless someone updates it.

Last edited by TheGiftOfLife : 4th January 2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiftOfLife View Post

It was my understanding that Joey was born in 1928 but after research on his website, and listening to his Mother Angelica Interview I have found out that his Birthday is in October of 1930

If this is true, Joey will turn 80 this coming October.

In general, be careful what you read on websites because time moves on but text stays static unless someone updates it.

My records show he born 27th June 1931 and he will be 79 years old - well almost 80 years old when the Great Miracle happens!
So you are not that far off the mark
Old 7th January 2010, 12:07 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Paul,
What can I say.
In a video interview with Mother Angelica he said that he would be 65 years old in October [at time 29:00 in the video].

According to his site, that interview was taped in 1995 and aired in August 1995. Mother angelica also states that it is 4.5 years left until the year 2000 which puts the interview in mid 1995.

That would make his birthdate October 1930. You can see and hear Joey say this himself.

A Deacon John, whom I know, has the June 31 date on his BLOG site. I have emailed him and give him the correct information.

Please explain to me why you still believe otherwise. Are the records that you have official records?

Oddly enough, Joey was born in my neighborhood and I jus found out, after reading his site, that I always drive by the gas station where he lost his eyesight back in June of 1947 when he was 16.

Last edited by TheGiftOfLife : 7th January 2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:39 AM

Both these Garabandal websites have it listed as having been born on 27th June 1931 in the area of Brooklyn USA.

http://www.piercedhearts.org/treasur...garabandal.htm

http://whatisgarabandal.blogspot.com...1_archive.html

For the latter website link:-
Roman Deacon quotes the source material including achive photos for which comes from the book :-
[From 'Garabandal' Book, pages 180-181]

I guess, the only way to be really sure is to actually see a copy of his Birth Certificate or if it is possible to see the Mother Angelica's interview video myself to acertain or double-check to see whether or not if October 1930 is correct.

Last edited by Paul Bellett : 7th January 2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:52 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Paul,

Those 2 sites are just sites. People just write things without checking the validity of them. Also, just because it is in a book does not make it correct. The book you quote seems to have been written by a German publisher, things could have gotten misinterpreted.

I cannot stress this enough!

You can not blindly trust what people put up on websites, you need to go to the source, in this case the source is Joey himself.

There is no need to see a birth certificate if this devout Catholic man has said this to a nun!

There is no reason for us to think that he lied or forgot his own birthday, thus having to check and see if he is correct about his own birthday.

At this point I think its best for you to listen to the interview yourself

Here is the link to his story which states that he was 16 in June of 1947

http://www.garabandal.us/joey_story.html

By the time Joey was 16, the family was modestly comfortable and the future appeared bright. Then one hot June day in 1947, fate struck a blow that crushed the family’s hopes...

Here is the link to the page that has the video of Joey stating in Mid 1995 that that coming October he will be 65.

http://www.garabandal.us/joey.html#

Last edited by TheGiftOfLife : 7th January 2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 7th January 2010, 01:06 AM
Administrator

You could e-mail him at his website and ask how old he is.

Joey Lomangino is interested in hearing your comments. He will also include your intentions in his daily rosaries. However, due to the high volume of emails, he will not be able to reply. We assure you that your message will be read to him.

Please include your name, town, and country in your email: joey@Garabandalny.org

http://www.garabandal.us/contact.html
Old 7th January 2010, 01:13 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Ron, I have emailed him in the past. I have spoken to him years ago on the phone. I get no response now and I feel at this point he is not in very good health.

I also don't understand why there is any question here or doubt if I am giving you all the source out the horses mouth!

I guess this is a tiny sign of things to come.

I will no longer post on this topic again since it really has no significance.

Assuming that back in 1995 Joey did not lie to Mother Angelica's face nor forgetting his own birthday, Joey's Birthday is October 1930.

Last edited by TheGiftOfLife : 7th January 2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:05 PM

I never knew much about Garabandal so I am going to check out this site and poke around. As I clicked on the link, I find it interesting that the very book I was searching on months ago that brought me HERE is advertised on his website. Just thought that was cool because it is that very book that landed me on this great web site.

Thank you for that link.