CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > ProLife and Natural Family Planning
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th January 2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Success in 2010

In the present situation, before the Warning, success for the prolife cause is seen in very small ways, such as preventing a provision of a healthcare bill that would provide some funding for some abortion, or at the State level, in passing a bill that will provide very limited restrictions on abortion (e.g. parental notification).

After the Warning, very many persons will be mourning over their sins of procuring abortion, and of promoting abortion. And many persons will repent and convert, and become strongly pro-life. Some politicians will also repent of their sins related to abortion. Other politicians, though unrepentant, will be afraid to say or do anything in favor of abortion, lest they lose all political power. It should be a year of great success for the pro-life cause throughout the world.

But if any nation does not repent of its sins of abortion and become prolife, woe to the people of that nation.
Old 25th January 2010, 02:55 PM
supporting member

Ron, do you still think that Senator Clinton will somehow ascend to the presidency and lead the pro-life success whether sincere or not? The president and vice-president and Reid and Pelosi would need to be out (I think). Is it possible Pelosi will lead this success (sincere or not)? She would be a more immediate in line after the president and vice-president.
Old 25th January 2010, 03:47 PM

Default Just wondering

Ron, Could Pelosi be the pro-abortion female who publicly denounces abortion that you thought Hillary Clinton would be?
Old 25th January 2010, 05:02 PM
Administrator

In answer to the above two posts, I'm not sure. Anyone might convert at the Warning (or at any time) and go from being a 'Saul' to being a 'Paul'. My opinion is that there will be a great upheaval in politics worldwide, including in the U.S. I don't think that Pelosi or Reid will retain their offices for long, if they survive the Warning, because of their support for abortion. I don't know if Hillary will become U.S. President or not; I was mistaken on that point before, and now I am not sure. I don't really have a specific prediction on what the political fallout will be in the U.S. from the Warning.
Old 25th January 2010, 08:31 PM
supporting member

I am one who has converted from pro-choice to pro-life.

This are only my impressions, but I wanted to share that I still have a fondness for Hillary Clinton in my heart. I had the opportunity to meet her when I played for her book-signing in 1996, It Takes a Village to Raise a Child. My sense is that she truly cares about children, but is misguided (and wrong) about the issue of abortion. She visited the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe last year as part of her official visit to Mexico, and I think this is significant. I believe the Blessed Mother is praying for her, and I could see Hillary Clinton having a sincere conversion about abortion after the Warning and speaking very openly and effectively about it and thus helping others to change their hardened hearts.

But, I have a totally different feeling about Nancy Pelosi. She is a Catholic and should know better and the Pope has even chastised her, yet she remains unmoved. I don't like her, nor would I listen to her if she changed her position.
Old 25th January 2010, 08:59 PM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredcello View Post
But, I have a totally different feeling about Nancy Pelosi. She is a Catholic and should know better and the Pope has even chastised her, yet she remains unmoved. I don't like her, nor would I listen to her if she changed her position.

<SMILE>

I feel the same way about fellow Catholics, John Kerry, Joe Biden and 90% of the Kennedys.

I think we should all be on our guard and only follow the teachings of the church and not leaders that might finally come to know the truth. Im not so sure they should get gold stars anyway for living in the truth nor should they seek it or any praise if they are truly converted. That could be a sign of their disingenuousness. A true REVERT politician I would guess would be spending a lot of time by the Blessed Sacrament

Last edited by TheGiftOfLife : 25th January 2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 26th January 2010, 11:12 AM

Default Congressman Ron Paul is a ProLifer

Congressman Ron Paul is a ProLifer.

This man stands up for what he believes in, and can see past the cronies and the moral hazard lobby groups that influence Washington in it's policy making.
If I were an American I would vote for him as President.

Check out :-
http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-05-20/ro...t-a-bad-dream/
Old 26th January 2010, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bellett View Post
Congressman Ron Paul is a ProLifer.

He states on his website that he is prolife. He used to be an OB doctor. However, he also does not want a prolife constitutional amendment or a federal prolife law protecting the unborn. He wants each State to decide.

So this raises an important moral question concerning voting and abortion. If a candidate is strongly prolife, but if elected he will not be effective at stopping abortion, for example because he would let the states decide the issue, should we vote for him?

Morally, your vote for a person is not intrinsically evil, so if you have good intentions, the morality of the vote falls to the third font of circumstances. The voter must judge the moral weight of the reasonably anticipated good and bad consequences of his vote. In the above example, the candidate is strongly prolife, more so than many other candidates, and yet if he is elected he would oppose any prolife federal law or constitutional amendment. The morality of your vote is not based on the stated position of the candidate, but on the anticipated consequences of the vote.

So I would not vote for a prolife candidate who believes that the federal government should not protect life, no matter how strongly he believes that abortion is wrong.
Old 26th January 2010, 02:26 PM

There is a struggle right now between making sure the balance between the state and federal government is maintained. Right now there is too much control via the federal, and not enough via the state. I am sure he has this balance in mind, but Abortion rights should mirror murder, which is not controlled by the states.
Old 28th January 2010, 02:23 AM

I believe I've heard him clarify that position. What he said is not that he wouldn't support or vote for a Constitutional Amendment, but that he does not believe change will come about in that way. After all, the Constitution already does protect life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and it's being ignored. If the laws in each state were changed to reflect what's in the Constitution then how could it continue to be ignored.