CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2011, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Default Real Jesus Birth Day

Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that today, November 25th is the actual date when Jesus was born according to Bl. Anne Catherine Emmerich. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to say a special prayer today.
Old 26th November 2011, 06:44 AM

I was wondering how to register my post with the least drama and extravagant emotion, ...thank you brother, for a small opening!!!

I have reason to say a special prayer,..lots of them today...a miracle happened to me!

Over some time now, I have been assaulted with oppression and my family members harassed by seemingly inexplicable circumstances...I have been praying with special fervour for deliverance, and found myself waking up at 3am with what I firmly believe is God's consoling advice and explanantion of many things to do with my soul.

This morning, I work up with words.."KNOW THAT I AM GOD"...and believe me (without ant theatrics on my part), there was a distant boom. I woke up thinking, 'wow, that was pretty dramatic!' and very clearly the words Isiah 52:9 kept ringing in my head. I lay wondering if I was just reacting to some dream I'd had, but couldnt remember dreaming. I was quite nonplussed by now and looked at the time 3:16 ....i woke up and read the verse in the bible and immediately felt a wave of relief.."The Lord has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem!

Now the icing! . ....

I woke this morning around 8:30 and got ready to leave. I drive out of the house and in an extremely peculiar situation, an SUV has broken down
not 100 meters away, leaving no way to get around it. I back up into my house, and decide to wait. Turned on the news on TV....an earthquake of 3.2 mag struck around 50 kms away!!!!!....at exactly 3:14 AM!!!!!... I look out of the house and the SUV is driving away!!!
I needed to share this here to say that humility is the key,.... if we are proactively humble and compassionate, we create the light of goodness to dispel evil....something insignificant in the glory of God! Bear with me if I'm stating the obvious to those of you who are much more closer to our saviour than me,...but I did need to share this with true believers
Old 5th December 2011, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your experience Feyfifer.
Old 5th December 2011, 02:58 PM

So, from when it becomes December 25th? Who decided that Jesus was born on December 25th and based on what it decided like that?
Old 5th December 2011, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCelciuS View Post
So, from when it becomes December 25th? Who decided that Jesus was born on December 25th and based on what it decided like that?

It is not clear, historically, why that date was chosen. St. John Chrysostom argued that Dec. 25 was the correct date. Some persons claim that the date was chosen to supercede a pagan holiday, so that the general populace would be more easily turned away from pagan errors. But today secular society is trying to turn Christmas into a new pagan holiday, excising any mention of Jesus or religion, making it into a generic celebration.