CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Catholics and other Christians
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd December 2010, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCelciuS View Post
Today, I received an invitation to an Catholic Event from one of my family relatives, it's like their event ( Protestant ) , praying, singing, glorify God in a more flexible and modern manner, and of course this is a Catholic Event, there are Catholic Priests there, so this event will 'safe' for my Faith, there are no unsound doctrine, etc..., and for now I do not now if they will also hold a Mass there, but maybe this is a sign for me..., that we Catholic also have this kind of event if I want some refreshing... , maybe God want to say that to me...

Thanks Lord, what a wonderful way...

The Lord is telling you through Divine Providence that you don't need to go to Protestant celebrations because you are already "Home", in His Church who also has the type of celebrations that you are considering.

God is Merciful, that's why He does anything to keep you home, but He is a Gentleman and respects your free will.
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother View Post
The Lord is telling you through Divine Providence that you don't need to go to Protestant celebrations because you are already "Home", in His Church who also has the type of celebrations that you are considering.

God is Merciful, that's why He does anything to keep you home, but He is a Gentleman and respects your free will.

I feel that way

Hallelujah! Hmm I wonder if God live like us in this modern lifestyle, what He could be and how He would looks like? Hmm..., maybe He would make some powerful and brave action to correct all incorrectness, no matter what the consequences or who He would face against..., just like what Jesus did in the past...
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ron, is it okay to socialize with them in their young organization.., having singing together in their event..., I find this is different experience than in our Church...

I'm still not sure I understood your question, ExCelciuS. Are you attending a Protestant worship service, including a sermon? Or is it just a youth event with singing? Or something else?
Old 4th December 2010, 10:20 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I'm still not sure I understood your question, ExCelciuS. Are you attending a Protestant worship service, including a sermon? Or is it just a youth event with singing? Or something else?

Actually I'm not attending anything, this is just in my mind, because I've heard those 2 songs I've posted before and find those songs is touch my heart. So, in my mind I'm thinking if I could attend their worship service, and yes their worship service is always with sermon, they're always singing, praising God and of course including their sermon too.

But this is just in my mind, and because of that I discussed it here first.

Based on my past experience ( just once ) , when I went there with my dad which is Catholic also..., yeah when it comes to their sermon, I didn't like it and disturbed by it, some of what they said are wrong, and I knew that... , and when it came to 'trance time', when they began to speak what they called spirit language..., it's kinda horrify...

My dad and me knew that Our Church is the One True Church, and we only attracted by their singing, energy, and emotion to bring people in positive and energetic aura.

My dad like to adventure to their worship event, but that was in the past, now he's not attending this kind of worship anymore but often go to our adoration service which is related to AHFI ( Alliance of The Holy Family International )

Quote:
The Alliance of the Holy Family International (AHFI) is a global Catholic family movement that promotes the Alliance of the Two Hearts devotion and way of life called the "Communion of Reparation" which is the daily praying of the ROSARY, regular CONFESSION and reception of COMMUNION during Holy Mass (daily if possible), and daily ADORATION of the Blessed Eucharist.

Once in a week, we go to Cathedral and pray in that adoration room where the Blessed Eucharist is placed at.

http://www.youtube.com/AHFInternational

And I knew that, that adoration room is different, I feel I become closer to God in that room and after praying in that adoration room I feel I become more sensitive in 'seeing' or 'feeling' or 'hearing' answers from God for my prayer..., and that's TRUE I feel it...

Oh and don't translate 'seeing' and 'hearing' literally..

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 4th December 2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 4th December 2010, 02:00 PM
Administrator

nevermind what I said before. I misunderstood.
You should not go to their worship services.
Old 4th December 2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
nevermind what I said before. I misunderstood.
You should not go to their worship services.

Alright, but I think it's okay to hear their songs which I like from CD's or mp3s, since I think their lyrics has no contrary on Catholic Faith.

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 4th December 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 4th December 2010, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Alright, but I think it's okay to hear their songs which I like from CD's or mp3s, since I think their lyrics has no contrary on Catholic Faith.

Yes, I agree.