CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd April 2019, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default What is the Permanent Sign of Medjugorje?

Mary promised permanent miraculous signs at Medjugorje, Garabandal, and Akita. I believe that the same signs will be at other places of true private revelation as well. What will the permanent miraculous sign be? It is something that has never before been on earth. It cannot be from Hell. There is really nothing in Heaven that could be a permanent miraculous sign. I donít think God would station a holy Angel at each place of the sign, and Angels have been on earth before. And there are simply not many things that are holy and have not been on earth before. It canít really be something celestial, like a piece of a star.

The permanent miraculous sign may be related to the Eucharist, since the signs begin on the feast day of a young martyr of the Eucharist (Blessed Imelda, a favorite of Pope Francis).

By the way, this choice of her feast day ó a holy martyr favored by Pope Francis, show Godís support for Pope Francis, not merely because he is a pope, but because he is the particular Pope chosen to do the will of God at this point in Church history.

So the sign cannot really be anything celestial, nor from Heaven, Purgatory, or Hell. So it may be something from the Garden of Eden. For Eden has material things, which are unfallen and so represent holy things and ideas. It may be that each permanent sign is a tree from Eden, the unfallen trees of Eden represent the tree of the Cross, and the sacrifice on the Cross, and so in that way represent the Eucharist.

I believe that the permanent miraculous signs are trees from Eden ó unfallen beautiful miraculous trees, which cannot lose a single leaf, cannot turn brown or be afflicted by any disease; trees of singular beauty and untouched by injury or disease. And the miracle that coincides with the start of these signs is miraculous healings throughout the world for many, not all, persons who are injured or ill.
Old 5th April 2019, 07:28 PM

I remember watching a mini-series on television in the early 2000s called "Revelations." In the first episode they depicted what the miracle might be as a moving crucifix shadow on a mountainside in a foreign country. The cross was only a shadow, but there was no discernible source of the shadow. It was there permanently and Christ was on the cross shadow moving as though during the crucifixion. I thought this was an excellent interpretation of what the miracle could be.
Old 5th April 2019, 09:19 PM
Administrator

The place of our Lord's crucifixion can be another location for the permanent sign.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26