CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2012, 01:38 AM
Bonaventure

Ron, Please take me off the Catholic Planet group list....you have gone too far. Your self righteous attitude feels spiritually off to me and thus I am spiritually being moved to leave this group. You should ask God forgiveness for your haughty behavior.
Old 7th March 2012, 01:52 AM
Administrator

Michael Voris teaches heresy. It is not haughty or self-righteous for me to point out his grave doctrinal errors and warn people about them.

See my lengthy articles explaining the difference between Voris' ideas and the teaching of the Church.

Heresy is essentially the rejection of the infallible teaching of the Magisterium. This criticism of Michael Voris has nothing to do with my own theological opinions. It is his rejection of infallible Catholic dogma, in a blatant and unmistakable manner, that constitutes his heretical errors.
Old 7th March 2012, 03:06 AM
Administrator

This thread began with a discussion of Michael Voris' claim that global warming is the modern evolution of the early 20th century eugenics programs, including those of Hitler and the Nazis. I'm currently writing a post reviewing that video by Voris. The material in that video is bizarre and absurd.

Why people continue to support him, no matter what kind of errors he teaches, is beyond my understanding.
Old 7th March 2012, 04:00 AM
Administrator

Here is the completed post:
Michael Vorisí Global Warming Conspiracy Theory

This video is over an hour and 23 minutes in length. It is Michael Voris, in front of a small audience of Catholics, teaching them about a supposed hidden agenda behind climate science.

By the end of the video, Voris has tied together global warming, eugenics, Hitler, population control, Al Gore, contraception, abortion, Obama, earth worship, the USCCB, and Satan, in one vast conspiracy theory.
Old 7th March 2012, 04:39 AM
TheGiftOfLife

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I go silent for lent and some of the very long members of this group have been banned!

I for one do not FOLLOW any human except the Pope when it comes to doctrinal matters of the church.

I do not think anyone here follows these people like blind mice. I think what they might be saying is that they agree with some of the things this guy Michael V. says, but surely not ALL he says as he is NOT the Pope.

My experience with this guy is that I have seen a Youtube video here and there from him but they were short and I did agree with him on the things he said in the videos that I saw.

I must be honest that his mannerisms and hair have rubbed me the wrong way....yes yes superficial but God give me strange signs sometimes.

I WILL be looking at this LONG video from him at some point.
I have NOT read anything about him specifically from Ron.
I would like to see how I feel about it.

Ron, I must say, I cant believe you banned so many people. If they have written....I "so and so" am a FOLLOWER of Michael V. Then I would agree with you, but I think we all need to cool down.

From what I read it sounds like they like his ENERGY and RESOLVE and SPUNK because we are all frustrated with the state of the world. Yes this might cloud us with some things he says that are not correct, but hes only human AS WE ARE!!! Ron, I've seen you cut slack to so many people that vote Pro-Abortion based on things that even the Pope himself would not cut them slack for.

If there are CLEAR doctrinal errors with this man, than I would expect us all to do the research and call it like it is. After all, doctrinal errors are not opinions, these things are BLACK and WHITE.
Old 7th March 2012, 05:02 AM

Ron, it is indeed very disturbing to witness the disintegration of our group of committed and articulate catholics,.... of long standing too! I think someone should take the initiative for some sort reconciliation immediately. The time stamps of these turbulent postings indicate hardly a day or so, while we have been discussing truly spiritual content for years!!!!!!
Old 7th March 2012, 05:03 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Ok so I started some prelim research.

Ron, I found a YOUTUBE video entitled "The Michael Voris Deception"

I thought that this would be a video in line with what you are saying about M.V.

You must listen to this!!! and what this guy.. Br. Peter Diamond is saying about M.V. look at his misleading website.
Oh My Gosh! The devil is alive and well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTZlH...eature=related

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/
Old 7th March 2012, 05:05 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyfifer View Post
Ron, it is indeed very disturbing to witness the disintegration of our group of committed and articulate catholics,.... of long standing too! I think someone should take the initiative for some sort reconciliation immediately. The time stamps of these turbulent postings indicate hardly a day or so, while we have been discussing truly spiritual content for years!!!!!!

Fey, Do not FRET, its just the devil a bit.

I'm in touch with all the members as well as Ron.
I'm sure that if we all take a break until Easter, things will work out.
Old 7th March 2012, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Not everything Michael Voris says is in error. He does have some videos that have no substantial doctrinal error. Members can view some of his videos and agree with some of what he says.

But anyone who regards him as a reliable and faithful teacher of Catholicism has been badly led astray. And this is the problem that is getting some persons banned from this group. They see him as a teacher, when in fact he teaches abject heresy.

He teaches that Judaism is a false man-made religion. He teaches that when God judges you after death, He is just but not merciful. He denies that the three persons of the Trinity are consubstantial (but I don't think he even knows what consubstantial means). We all pray the Creed at Mass that the Son is consubstantial (one in Being) with the Father. It is required belief.

His video on global warming and eugenics was the last straw. See my blog post on this video. And my more general post on him.

I can't tolerate members promoting him as a faithful Catholic or accepting him as a reliable teacher of Catholicism any more.
Old 7th March 2012, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiftOfLife View Post
Ok so I started some prelim research.

Ron, I found a YOUTUBE video entitled "The Michael Voris Deception"

I thought that this would be a video in line with what you are saying about M.V.

You must listen to this!!! and what this guy.. Br. Peter Diamond is saying about M.V. look at his misleading website.
Oh My Gosh! The devil is alive and well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTZlH...eature=related

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/

Peter Diamond is a sedevacantist; he is a heretic and schismatic, part of a group that has broken away from the Church due to Vatican II. All these sedevacantists think that they are the true Church, and that all the Popes from Vatican II on are heretics (including poor John Paul I, who reigned for only about 33 days).

Here is my article on why the Pope can never fall into heresy.