CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd June 2007, 08:54 AM
Padraig

Default Is this true?

I think maybe this apparition was true, I was wondering what you think.

http://www.madonnadelleghiaie.it/
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
I think maybe this apparition was true, I was wondering what you think.

http://www.madonnadelleghiaie.it/

Yes, that one is true. Good catch.

Ron
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:30 PM

Well done Padraig. I spot that one some time ago, but didn't find a web page that contained details about that apparition. I am sure you'll find it easy to distinguish true apparitions from false ones for you have personally heard the Virgin speaking to you, so you have some experience of how Mary sounds like.

Roberto
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)

Last edited by Rob : 3rd June 2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:50 PM
Padraig

No Rob, for I can never understand people telling lies about such things. I think it is one of the worst things a person can do. I find it hard to believe that they are so wicked and so am very gullible..

However I suspect Ron is right when he says Our Lady has a kind of recognisable 'accent'. Our Lady is full of grace; full of the Spirit, I always get a bit concerned when in some apparitions she appears agitated or alarmed, she is very peaceful and gentle.

Last edited by Padraig : 3rd June 2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 3rd June 2007, 01:12 PM

Ron and Padraig,

I don't mean to stir up a hornet's nest, but I am confused. As I was reading about this appartition, something struck me and now I am in question. Here is the clip.....it's from the tenth apparition when Our Lady appeared with two saints on Adelaide's First Communion Day.

" Our Lady did not reveal the name of those two Saints she had at her sides. Only by internal inspiration I had a clear insight about their names: Saint Matthew and Saint Judas. The name Judas stirs up a sad memory in my heart because I betrayed, though unintentionally, the Blessed Virgin. In this apparition I can see Our Lady's exquisite charitable spirit. By showing Saint Judas She wanted to warn me about the trials I would suffer for asserting her motherly and secure word that unfortunately I could not bear. I feel that sense of guilt lying heavily in my conscience, but even if I imitated Judas the traitor, nevertheless I want to become holy and follow the example of Saint Judas by being an apostle and martyr for Jesus' and Our Lady's sake. Saint Matthew inspires a sense of confidence in my salvation because he was a sinner too but followed Jesus and became an apostle of his name."

Could she have possibly meant Saint Jude Thaddeus? Or is it fathomable that Judas Iscariot went to heaven?

Thanks

Joey
Old 3rd June 2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

She's comparing and contrasting the two Apostles named Judas:
'Jude' whose name was actually Judas
and Judas Iscariot.

Ron
Old 3rd June 2007, 10:26 PM

Oh-ho! You are so right, now that I have re-read it. Thanx

Joey