CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th April 2007, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Default New Article

This article
http://www.catholicplanet.com/appari...evelations.htm

is a comprehensive look at various tricks used by false private revelations.

Ron
Old 27th April 2007, 04:21 PM

Default Thank you Ron

a huge article - quite and Easter present.

Interesting observations about Angels.

About the "tricks" used by false revelations - this could be another one. Often times, a "visionary" may be a little more ignorant than his/her "handlers"

We can see why the Church is so strict about making judgments on sources of private revelation - because people can be easily deceived by other powers.

Too many don't give the Holy Spirit enough credit. The church has been battered at times, hit by scandals, but she's still the one true vessel moving forward in hope!
Old 27th April 2007, 04:27 PM

Default Article

Thank you Ron. I look forward to reading.
Old 28th April 2007, 09:37 PM

I am reading the article and I have an interesting question. Are the bad angels able to manipulate the natural world enough to appear as a person. Or can they only appear as a person by affecting the imagination of a human.

The reason I ask is that I heard a story of a holy woman who lived in the 1900s I forgot her name. She grew up in a wealthy family and she was planning on entering the convent when she was old enough. While growing up in her teens her parents made her attend the balls rich people throw. She was never interested in dancing and would just watch and think about holy things or whatever. Well one time a dashing young handsome man in his early twenties entered the ball. No one seemed to know him and he kept to himself. Eventually, he walked up to this girl and attempted to seduce her into dancing. She admitted later that she was temporarily enthralled by him and was about to say yes, but she fought off the temptation and declined.
Later she became a nun and was known as holy. Could the man have been a fallen angel in "disguise."

Last edited by Climacus Areopagite : 28th April 2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 28th April 2007, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climacus Areopagite View Post
I am reading the article and I have an interesting question. Are the bad angels able to manipulate the natural world enough to appear as a person. Or can they only appear as a person by affecting the imagination of a human.

The reason I ask is that I heard a story of a holy woman who lived in the 1900s I forgot her name. She grew up in a wealthy family and she was planning on entering the convent when she was old enough. While growing up in her teens her parents made her attend the balls rich people throw. She was never interested in dancing and would just watch and think about holy things or whatever. Well one time a dashing young handsome man in his early twenties entered the ball. No one seemed to know him and he kept to himself. Eventually, he walked up to this girl and attempted to seduce her into dancing. She admitted later that she was temporarily enthralled by him and was about to say yes, but she fought off the temptation and declined.
Later she became a nun and was known as holy. Could the man have been a fallen angel in "disguise."

Very unlikely. But perhaps Providence was permitting her to be tested by an individual human person, not a fallen angel.

Fallen angels can affect the human imagination, but they cannot become incarnate. They can appear as visions and apparitions of various persons, but they cannot become corporeal.
Old 28th April 2007, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJP2006 View Post
About the "tricks" used by false revelations - this could be another one. Often times, a "visionary" may be a little more ignorant than his/her "handlers"

Often the visionary is very ignorant of Church teaching and of Scripture, and even boasts about not knowing any theology. The adherents of such visionaries present this as if it were 'proof' that they are genuine; they say that the visionary could not have invented the messages because the visionary lacks a proper education in the Faith. But even after receiving claimed messages and apparitions, these visionaries do not bother reading about the Catholic faith. They only learn from their messages and apparitions. And then they present themselves as teachers of the Faith.
Old 28th April 2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
Very unlikely. But perhaps Providence was permitting her to be tested by an individual human person, not a fallen angel.

Fallen angels can affect the human imagination, but they cannot become incarnate. They can appear as visions and apparitions of various persons, but they cannot become corporeal.

Roger that Ron. Anyway these false private revelations are like a circus. Apart from the serious matter of them decieving people they are ridiculous. A few times when I read your evaluations of them I start to laugh aloud.
Old 29th April 2007, 05:26 PM

Very nice article, Ron. I particularly liked the initial part about angels and the spiritual world. I wonder if you could address the theme of angels, fallen angels and the spiritual realm more deeply in a subsequent article. There are faithful who believe that Satan is the "prince" of this world and they do also wrongly believe that Hell is his kingdom (which as far as I am aware is not true). Just some thoughts.

Peace to you

Roberto
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 30th April 2007, 12:57 AM

Ron,
That was so worth reading! It is very informative and made so much sense. I feel like I am coming away from college courses after reading your articles. But there is no fee. And then......PLOOP! Right into our laps is the biggest bonus. We are so much more enriched by the knowledge of our faith. I know that you are a humble man and don't wish to be put on a pedestal. That is not my intention. But it would be wrong of me not to acknowledge or thank you for the tremendous job that you do.
With much gratitude................

Joey
Old 30th April 2007, 05:46 AM
Padraig

I read this in the bible lat night:

Micah 3:5-12

5 This is what the LORD says:
"As for the prophets
who lead my people astray,
if one feeds them,
they proclaim 'peace';
if he does not,
they prepare to wage war against him.

6 Therefore night will come over you, without visions,
and darkness, without divination.
The sun will set for the prophets,
and the day will go dark for them.

7 The seers will be ashamed
and the diviners disgraced.
They will all cover their faces
because there is no answer from God."

8 But as for me, I am filled with power,
with the Spirit of the LORD,
and with justice and might,
to declare to Jacob his transgression,
to Israel his sin.

9 Hear this, you leaders of the house of Jacob,
you rulers of the house of Israel,
who despise justice
and distort all that is right;

10 who build Zion with bloodshed,
and Jerusalem with wickedness.

11 Her leaders judge for a bribe,
her priests teach for a price,
and her prophets tell fortunes for money.
Yet they lean upon the LORD and say,
"Is not the LORD among us?
No disaster will come upon us."

12 Therefore because of you,
Zion will be plowed like a field,
Jerusalem will become a heap of rubble,
the temple hill a mound overgrown with thickets.