CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th May 2007, 11:03 AM
Default CPR- John Snide

John Snide, Greenfield, MA, USA

This claim of private revelation seems FALSE.

Here is a link to an article:

-Hosts appear out of nowhere and are gently placed on statues. On some of the hosts religious pictures slowly appear. What would be the reason for having pictures appearing on hosts?

-After the apparitions, he often has gold-glitter on his face and hands. He claims it to be gold, what would be the purpose for such a miracle, if it were real?

-He claims to have been attacked by satan several times, thrown down the stairs.

This seem to me false signs and wonders perhaps created by demons themselves.
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 28th May 2007, 12:03 PM

Yes, those are all indicators of false private revelation.

Notice also that the pictures of Jesus cry tears of blood. This is unlike any true private revelation. Mary cries tears of blood in TPR, but not Jesus. The reason is that Jesus and Mary have different roles in our salvation. Jesus already shed His blood for us on the Cross. Mary cries tears of blood as a symbol to show that she participates in Christ's sacrifice by the sorrow of her heart. But this claimed private revelation does not show the difference between the roles of Jesus and Mary.

Also, I have noticed that false prophets tend to have a difficult background, with much sin around them and in their lives. This perhaps leaves some persons with a weakness in their character which can be exploited.

Of course, other persons, through faith, might overcome their difficulties very thoroughly, and not have such a weakness.

Note this:
Acording to John, other items have also materialized. People visiting the chapel sometimes recognize these objects saying things like: “that scapular belonged to my Grandmothers and she’s been dead for fifty years, how did you get it?” "The angels are bringing them," John explains.

Well, he is right fallen angels are bringing those objects.
Old 29th May 2007, 03:48 PM

Wow this is crazy stuff. People ought to be more careful with these false revelations.