CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Photos
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th April 2009, 11:17 PM

Default Father Petar

Here is a recent picture of Father Petar Lujubicic, who will anounce the first two secrets of Medjugorje to the world:

I posted it since up until recently I never knew what he looked like.

I was also thinking today about the amount of power and boldness, faith and pure love it is going to take for him to accomplish this extraordinary task of his. I am confident that God's grace will guide and move him to do a truly great work, and I am going to think and pray for him a lot tommorrow.

I havent prayed for him a whole lot, so at least this thread can remind me for a day.
Old 6th April 2009, 12:02 AM

I think that he will be very successful in getting the announcement out because it is God's will; he has been chosen by the Divine Providence of God to announce these events to the world.
Old 6th April 2009, 07:53 AM

where can we get the message of Our Blessed Mother on the first two secrets? is there an official website where he would announce the warnings?
Old 6th April 2009, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myLivingBread View Post
where can we get the message of Our Blessed Mother on the first two secrets? is there an official website where he would announce the warnings?

I'm not sure exactly how this will unfold.
There is an official Medjugorje website, but you never know how people will react to something this life-changing.

http://www.medjugorje.hr
Old 6th April 2009, 06:07 PM
Agobard

News are prepared and translated day, two days before into few languages. We cannot expect full explanation announcement of Father Petar in short time, maybe in Croatian ore perhaps in English, Italian (?) too. No one could know it before.
Old 6th April 2009, 07:32 PM
TheGiftOfLife

I sent an email the to webmaster at http://www.medjugorje.net/ I dont think he/she really understood what I was asking.

Here is the response:
Hi,
No, that is not true, nothing was yet announced by Mirjana or
anyone else from the local authorities.
Regards,
Mate T. Vasilj
+38763335111 cell.
+38736651111 office
www.medjugorje.net

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:13 AM, John <prolifecensus@optonline.net> wrote:

There is some speculation that Mijana will tell Fr. Petar about the first secret and enter into the 10 day fast. Would you be able to confirm this if it happens?
thanks
John
Old 6th April 2009, 07:35 PM
TheGiftOfLife

Default Video Intervirw of Fr. Petar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8lwfzrFFQ

My Italian is not so good. He seems to be talking about the secret and the he probably will announce it using TV and Radio and does not see that to be a problem.

Any other memebers who know italian that would like to translate, feel free!

God Bless
John
Old 6th April 2009, 08:53 PM

Transcription from Italian:

La Madonna avrebbe trasmesso ai veggenti dieci segreti. Mirjana li conosce tutti e ha il compito di comunicarlo con dieci giorni di anticipo ad un frate cappuccino da lei prescelto. Noi abbiamo rintracciato padre Petar Ljubicic a Bukovica una localita’ a circa 100 chilometri da Medjugorje.

Padre Petar: Dieci giorni prima sappiamo, tre giorni prima di ogni segreto si puo’ rivelare a tutti che viene.

Giornalista: Padre, in che modo lei comunichera’ al mondo i dieci segreti?

Padre Petar: Ma cosi’ con televisione, radio …. questo e’, non e’ problema.

Giornalista: Noi sappiamo che Mirjana possiede una pergamena…

Padre Petar: Si

Giornalista: Lei l’ha mai vista?

Padre Petar: Ehm…No ancora, solo qualche persona hanno visto.

Giornalista: Le e’ stata descritta questa pergamena?

Padre Petar: Eh..questa pergamena come un…un…foglio di un A4 e tutti i segreti sono qui. Primo segreto, secondo, terzo. Quando succede, come, quanto dura e dove. Terzo segreto dovrebbe essere un segno sulla collina di apparizioni, cosi ha detto a me Mirjana.

Giornalista: Ma la rivelazione di questi dieci segreti secondo lei sara’ determinante per il riconoscimento da parte della Chiesa dell’autenticita’ delle apparizioni?

Padre Petar: Quando succedono questi primi segreti ogni uno che sono stato a Medjugorje puo’ credere veramente tutto questo che hanno detto i veggenti e’ verita’. Questa apparizioni, apparizioni autentici.

Translation into English:

The Virgin seems to have given ten secrets to the seers. Mirjana knows them all and has the job to tell them, ten days in advance to a capuchin friar chosen by her. We have traced father Petar Ljubicic in Bukovica, a place roughly 100 kilometers from Medjugorje.

Father Petar: Ten days before we know, three days before each secret one can reveal to everyone that it’s coming.

Journalist: Father, how will you announce the ten secrets to the world?

Father Petar: Like that, through television, radio….this is, this is not a problem.

Journalist: We do know that Mirjana owns a parchment…

Father Petar: Yes

Journalist: Have you seen it?

Father Petar: Ehm…Not yet, just few people have seen it.

Journalist: Has this parchment been described to you?

Father Petar: Eh..this parchment is like a…a…A4 paper and all secrets are there. First secret, second, third. When it happens, how, how long and where. The third secret should be a sign on the mount of apparitions, that is what Mirjana told me.

Journalist: Do you think that the announcement of these ten secrets will be decisive for the approval of the authenticity of the apparitions by the Church?

Father Petar: When the first secrets will happen, anyone who has been to Medjugorje may truly believe that everything the seers said is truth. That these apparitions are authentic.
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 6th April 2009, 09:01 PM
supporting member

Thank you, Rob. I appreciate your translation very much.
Old 6th April 2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Father Petar: Ten days before we know, three days before each secret one can reveal to everyone that it’s coming.

Notice that he makes an assumption that each secret is far enough apart that they will each be announced separately.

Also, many people assume that the third secret is only the Permanent Sign and nothing else, and they assume that the Sign will only be placed in Medjugorje.

But for myself also, in studying and writing eschatology, I have to be careful not to make unsupported assumptions.