CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Controversies about Catholicism
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th April 2013, 04:45 PM

Default Women Catholic deacons

Germany's top Roman Catholic has called for women to be allowed to become deacons during a conference, not to mention other contreversial issues dicussed at this conference.

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20130...l#.UX6dtHDnsst

The problem I would have is that ordination of female deacons can and most probaly will lead some women to take on roles they are not supposed to, not just as deacons, but as females. Otherwise, I would see no problems with having women deacons, if the Church decides to permit it.
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14

Last edited by Pontifex : 29th April 2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 29th April 2013, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Yes, I have the same concern. There is so much disorder and confusion in the Church today concerning proper roles for men and women.
Old 7th June 2013, 03:32 AM

Talking women deacons would take wind out of satan's sails

I thought I was the most conservative catholic in the world but apparently not.

Satan has used "sexism" & "scandals" as a way to seduce millions of women (and men) away from the RC church.

I know many people who have left the RC church & used the bogus excuse of the "sexual scandals" to do so.

If women were ordained deacons (with Vatican approval), I believe it would help many people to return to the RC church.

The Bible names Phoebe (a female) as being a deacon in the early church. However, the roles of deacons have changed dramatically since then.

Notwithstanding, women have the same right as men to devote themselves entirely to God and live chaste lives. They do this as nuns & as religious sisters. If the nuns/sisters are permitted to be ordained as deacons, I don't see role confusion because those women had already dedicated their lives to the service of God.

Everyone knows that the sex drive of men is far greater than that of females.

Also, pragmatically, the vast majority of sexual scandals in the church have been caused by MEN. If Bishops had a greater pool of persons seeking diaconate ordination, they would be in a better position to turn away persons that could have problems maintaining purity.

Worrying about obscuring the roles of men versus females seems almost minor in light of the horrific scandal of sex abuse which has been almost exclusively caused by men unable to remain pure.