CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > God - the Most Holy Trinity
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th February 2006, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Default God is ...

God is One Divine Eternal Act.

In God, being and doing are the same. Everything that God is, and everything that God does, is one and the same Act. In God, existence is the same as Love, is the same as Mercy, is the same as Justice, is the same as Knowledge, is the same as anything that God does, is the same as that God is. God is One.

The act of procession is One in God. The procession of the Son from the Father is one with the procession of the Spirit from the Father and the Son. Even the distinctions between the Father, Son, and Spirit are just as much the One Act as Existence, Love, Knowledge, and every other quality or deed of God.

Yet these distinctions are truth, not illusion. Just as we can rightly consider God's existence, and then consider His Mercy, as distinct qualities of God, so also can we consider the Three Persons as truly distinct. Yet it is also true that all is one in God.

God is One Divine Eternal Act.
Old 28th February 2006, 01:24 AM
Ana Ramos

Default The one Act of God

Ron, your explanation about the Blessed Trinity is just superb.

With regard to the one Act of God, I would like to share with your forum an excerpt of a Chapter of the Book of Heaven that I was reading today:

"Dearest daughter of my Will, you must know that only my Volition possesses a continuous Act which never ceases. This Act is full of life and therefore it gives life to all, it preserves all, and it maintains balance within Itself and in all things. It alone can boast about possessing this continuous Act of always giving life, of loving always - always, without ceasing for one instant."
.................................................. .................................................. .....
"As soon as I accomplished that which was necessary for the Redemption, I departed for my Celestial Fatherland, though my acts stayed. But these stayed because they were animated by the continuous Act of my Will. On the other hand, my Will never leaves; It is always at Its place, preexisting, without ever interrupting Its Act of life over everything that came out from It."
.................................................. .................................................. ...
"In fact, one single Act of life of this Fiat can release heavens, suns, seas, stars and everything It wants".

Quote from Revelation 4, 11:

Worthy are You, Lord our God
to receive glory and honor
and power, for You created all
things; because of Your WILL
they came to be and were created".

Hope you have enjoyed this as much as I did!

Ana
Old 28th February 2006, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Default one act

yes, that is the same type of thing that i am saying.

BTW, the word 'fiat' in Latin is probably a translation of the Hebrew/Aramaic word: Amen.

Ron
Old 9th May 2006, 04:26 AM
themilitantcatholic

Ron, I have a concern regarding the Trinity. I read in The New Oxford Review that Scott Hahn is referring to the Holy Ghost as "feminine" (?) (!!!). This should be considered heresy, I am concerned that many people will be mislead and/or confused about the Holy Ghost. Also, I'm getting a little leery about EWTN. It seems to me that they are mixing Traditionalism with Modernism a lot lately. Many of the Modernist errors that I see, are in my opinion, due in part to the fact that Mother Angelica is no longer "at the helm" so to speak. The more errors I see, the more Traditionalist I become. The old saying "you can't slick a slickster" applies here.
Old 9th May 2006, 12:18 PM
Administrator

EWTN is fallible. They make a number of theological errors in what they present to viewers.

The Three Persons of the Trinity must be represented as masculine because the male gender is a reflection of God as the head of all Creation and the female gender is a reflection of all Creation.

4/4. Similarly, in keeping with the Church's tradition, the feminine and neuter pronouns are not to be used to refer to the person of the Holy Spirit.
http://www.bible-researcher.com/vatican-norms.html

a) In referring to almighty God or the individual persons of the Most Holy Trinity, the truth of tradition as well as the established gender usage of each respective language are to be maintained.
http://www.bible-researcher.com/litu...thenticam.html

Ron Conte
Old 30th March 2012, 01:27 PM

Ron,

can we say that the three persons In The Holy Trinity are three individuals?
Old 30th March 2012, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myLivingBread View Post
Ron,

can we say that the three persons In The Holy Trinity are three individuals?

As long as you also assert that these Three are thoroughly One, you can use a variety of different terms.