CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > the Blessed Virgin Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th September 2016, 08:35 AM

Dear in Christ,

If you need a little help in praying the rosary, you can watch the online transmission form the Chapel of the Apparitions in Fatima, At 21.30, Lisbon time, they pray the rosary in different languages and you can join online. We have been there its absolutely beautiful.

https://www.pilgrim-info.com/online-transmission-fatima/

The visionary, Sister Lucia dos Santos said: »There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.”

And f you need a little help in praying with the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Join the sisters in the Shrine in Divine mercy in Krakow, every day at 15.00 – Hour of Mercy, the also pray the Chaplet, it’s in different Languages.

From the Diary of Saint Faustina. As often as you hear the clock strike the third hour, immerse yourself completely in My mercy, adoring and glorifying it; invoke its omnipotence for the whole world, and particularly for poor sinners; for at that moment mercy was opened wide for every soul(Dz. 1572).

https://www.pilgrim-info.com/listing...#listing_video Click video

Let us remain close in the same prayer!
May the Lord bless you abundantly!
CP
Old 9th September 2016, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Thank you for sharing and welcome to the group!
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 12th September 2016, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Closing or Concluding Prayers of the Rosary:

After "The Hail, Holy Queen" prayer, there are several concluding prayers that can be said. One of those is:

"Let us pray, Oh God, whose only begotten Son, by His life death and resurrection has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life; grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating on these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen"

After the Hail Holy Queen, I particularly also say the following concluding prayers.

To St. Joseph:

"To thee oh blessed St. Joseph, do we have recourse in our tribulation, and having implored the help of thy thrice-holy Spouse, we confidently invoke thy patronage also, and by thy charity wherewith thou wast united to the Immaculate Virgin Mother of God, and by that fatherly affection with which thou didst embrace the Child Jesus, we beseech thee, we humbly pray that thou wouldst look graciously upon the inheritance which Jesus Christ has purchased with his precious blood, and assist us in our needs by thy power and strength.
Oh, most watchful guardian of the Holy Family, please keep far from us, most loving father, all blight or error and corruption. Mercifully assist us from Heaven, most mighty defender, in this our conflict with the powers of darkness; and even as of old thou didst rescue the Child Jesus from the supreme peril of His life, so please now defend God's holy Church from the snares of the enemy an from all adversity. Please keep us all one and under thy continual protection, so that, supported by thy example and by thy assistance, we may be enabled to live a holy life and die a happy death, and come at last to the possession of everlasting blessedness in Heaven, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

After that, a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel:

"St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, Oh Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl through the world seeking the ruin and destruction of souls. In Jesus' name. Amen."

For the Holy Souls in Purgatory:

"Oh Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy dearly Son our Lord Jesus Christ in union with all the Masses said through the world today for all the souls in Purgatory, (say your personal intentions, [sinners everywhere, family members, etc.]). In Jesus Name. Amen."

Sign of the Cross.
Old 12th September 2016, 02:12 PM
Administrator

My proposal for 5 new mysteries of the Rosary:
https://ronconte.wordpress.com/2012/...of-the-rosary/

Inspired by the example of Saint Louis of Montfort, I have also adopted a method of praying the Rosary which incorporates each mystery into each Hail Mary prayer. In the middle of the Hail Mary, after saying, ‘Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus,’ a brief saying is added describing the mystery as it relates to acts of Jesus Christ in salvation history. See the above post for details.
Old 12th September 2016, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Thank you Ron for sharing these Hidden Mysteries, the Rosary, like our Church, is ever growing and what a way to meditate since the Immaculate Conception of the true Ark of the Covenant and true Temple of God. The plan of God is marvelous.
Old 13th September 2016, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Plenary or Partial Indulgences

You can obtain indulgences by devotedly praying the Rosary and meditating on the mysteries.

A plenary indulgence is granted, if the Rosary is recited in a Church (preferably before the Blessed Sacrament, in this case, even if you are by yourself!) or public oratory or in a family group, a religious Community or pious Association (at least you and someone else, even in your home). A partial indulgence is granted in other circumstances (e.g. praying the Rosary alone at home).

Now, in order to obtain the indulgence, you need the following requirements.

- To be in state of grace and have no attachment to any type of sin.

- Have the intention to obtain indulgences by the recitation of the Rosary. (if you do not will to obtain indulgences, then they are not granted to you because you do not want it).

- Having had the Sacrament of Confession at least 8 days prior or after the recitation of the Rosary.

- Having received Communion at least 8 days prior or after the recitation of the Rosary.

- At the end of the Rosary, say a prayer for the intentions of the Pope, then say an Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be.

For more information on Indulgences, check this post:

http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/...ead.php?t=5786

Now, to whom the indulgence go to ? the indulgence can be obtained for yourself or for a needy soul in Purgatory.

A great act of mercy is if someone grants plenary indulgence for a soul in Purgatory, so I prefer my indulgences to go to a soul in Purgatory and I let the Virgin Mary choose to whom shall it go to with a prayer, something like:

"Eternal Father, for the intentions of Pope Francis [or current Pope], bless and protect him, I pray to Thee that the indulgence that the recitation of this Rosary has obtained, shall be granted for a soul in Purgatory whom I leave at the immaculate hands our dearly Mother Virgin Mary to choose. Amen".

Now, you may say, what about if I have dear relative in Purgatory? Well, the Virgin Mary knows better than us and obviously is going to choose our beloved relatives or the soul that is most fit.

If you do this frequently, imagine the quantity of souls that you may have freed from Purgatory and what a great army of friends that you have now gathered in Heaven praying for you and forever grateful to you! The blessings can be enormous! So I encourage you to "Just Do It".
Old 22nd September 2016, 05:43 PM
Administrator

What also inspired me to pray the Rosary were the messages and the story related to the apparitions of the Virgin Mary at a rock in Belpasso, Italy to a young boy (at the time), Rosario Toscano. I found out about these apparitions in Ron's trustworthy list. By the way, "Rosario" means Rosary.

http://www.rocciadibelpasso.it/
Old 28th April 2017, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Default Praying the Rosary deeply

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...-deeply-47155/
Old 10th June 2017, 03:19 PM

Hi, here's my short story about Rosary in my life.

The first time I knew Rosary is when I got my first communion, it is common that when you get the first communion, they will give you something as a gift, it can be a bible, or rosary, or something religious, and it's Rosary in my case. I believe it happened when I was in junior high school.

From the first time I knew Rosary I believe it is a powerful prayer if not The Most Powerful, it's just a feeling..,I do not know why, maybe because of my 'teenage' knowledge at that time..

When I was a teenager, I start to pray Rosary especially when I was fear of or sense something 'dark'. Later on, I joined this lovely forum, and get my faith confirmed in the truest sense, because before this, I have Catholic faith yeah, but I do not know anything, or everything just blurry... So this forum and the knowledge really help me for growing my faith especially the knowledge I gained..

And then someday, I .. gave up to go to the Church.. because of my personal reasons, it hits my faith..., I was at that time very very saddened by this.., but I can not get up my knee and can't going to the church anymore...

After that, I know that Holy Eucharist can not be replaced by anything even Rosary, but I didn't know what else to do, so I just prayed Rosary randomly ...

Around Sept 2015, something was tickling in my mind, maybe because of that random Rosary prayer, it started with .. "What if".., if this "Holy Weapon" is so powerful, what if I pray it everyday, I am curious, what will happen then..?

So I start to pray it daily for a month.., the first time I prayed Rosary daily for a month..., with no intention.. (because the hurt was not heal yet..), I just pray it slowly, feel it, word by word, mean by mean, and then what I got?

(continued on next post ..)

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 10th June 2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10th June 2017, 04:50 PM

Here are something that I experienced :

- Sense of real peaceful in mind and heart (because of this now I try to pray it before sleep and when I wake up..)
- It helps fight my weaknesses
- It heals my pain.. actually
- It accompanies me and give me comfort in my most lonely, painful, bleeding time.. (just remember how Jesus prayed in Gethsemane..)
- It reconciles.. , now I can go to the church better than ever
- It gives me time to actually contemplate everything about God and me..
- Something magical happen beyond my understanding and expectation.. WOW.., this.. is long story, my another experience, in short this magical beyond understanding, beyond expectation, for me was happened after I complete that one month consecutive daily prayer.., and it is not something that I intentionally prayed for, I just don't expect this, but it just happened, truly, when it comes, when The Lord wants, and the time is in The Lord's time, He will give you beyond your expectation.., you just don't think or expect that, but it will completely 'wowed' you or me in my experience..

Many people find Rosary is boring, just like masses, but I read a quote from a saint said that "If you find mass is long and boring, then your love (for God) is short..". So when I talk to someone I loved, I could just talk for 2 hours long and feel happy, but when go to mass, omg, that really hits me..

The same happen with Rosary.., so every time I want to pray Rosary, I will start it with love.., I'll remember the one I loved (even it doesn't go back), remember who truly love you unconditionally, who know you before He knits you in your mother's womb.., who bleed for you in the crucifixion, and finally who died for you at the Cross just because of what? Just because of love, love of the Divine being, The One True God...., and .. this One True God has a mother, The Immaculate Conception, Holy Mary mother of God...

Start it with love ...

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 10th June 2017 at 04:56 PM.