CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Inspirational Prose and Poetry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd November 2006, 06:16 PM

Default Inspiring Quotes

"this life is so beautiful, that sometimes I am afraid of it."

Mr. Blue

"One man looks at a dying bird and thinks there's nothing but unanswered pain. That death's got the final word, it's laughing at him. Another man sees that same bird, feels the glory, feels something smiling through it."

Witt a character from "The Thin Red Line."
Old 9th November 2006, 05:34 PM

Default More quotes:

God can be found in the pot and pans

-- St Teresa

Our God has composed trillions of beautiful symphonies with a single thought.

-- I made that up. Take that all you Zen one liners Catholics can do the same thing.

Nicholas
Old 10th November 2006, 05:52 PM

Loved it Nicholas...how are you feeling?

Joey
Old 11th November 2006, 03:57 PM

Joey,

Feeling better. Do you like music? I was thinking of Mozart. They say whole symphonies and operas were completed in his mind, even before he began to write them. So take that and multiply it by an Infinith degree and then maybe there we have a glimpse of God. The Universe, cosmos, Earth, history, mankind, all the living things, the beginning and the end it is all one symphony, and a single thought of God. Trillions of counterpoints, trillions of themes. And it all starts and ends in the same key: Christ, the Alpha and the Omega. And I think it is a major key, though there might be sad themes in the slow movement and frantic themes in the scherzo. It all comes together in the end.

I am not raving, lol, I thought of that in bed this morning thats when all my good thoughts come to me.

Nicholas
Old 11th November 2006, 05:17 PM
DiAZ216

Funny, I also get my good thoughts first thing in the morning, often before getting out of bed or in the shower. I think that's because our mind is clear and focused on God. As the day goes on, we get busy with the business of the world and that is what takes over a lot of the space oin our thoughts. That's why it's good to take time throughoutr the day to pray and reflect, if possible. Just my opinion.

Darrell
Old 11th November 2006, 11:00 PM

Darrell,

I agree. I have my one moment of glory in the morning and then God help me who knows what could happen.

Nicholas
Old 16th November 2006, 10:49 PM

Default Arinze

"If people are concerned about overpopulation, maybe they should volunteer themselves to be eliminated rather than the helpless innocent"

---Cardinal Arinze

N
Old 16th November 2006, 11:48 PM
Administrator

I like Arinze's attitude.

He brooks no dissent.
He prefers the Latin Mass.
He speaks out against liberal heresies and the undermining and contradiction of Church teaching.

He will be a good Pope.

Ron
Old 17th November 2006, 05:28 PM

I agree with you, though I admit the first time you mentioned Arinze would be Peter the Roman I was skeptical. I had a preconcieved notion on what Peter the Roman might be.

After having learned more about Arinze I am convinced now that he is the one. One thing I like about him is that (pardon the street language) he isnt afraid to piss people off when it comes to the Faith.

So take everything he is now, and add the graces of the Illumination, and all the special graces God has destined for him as Peter the Roman and I think we have a glorious saint in the making.

Nicholas
Old 18th November 2006, 12:04 AM

And perhaps a few spare prayers can be directed toward this would-be saint, as he has quite a few trials ahead of him.I find myself praying for Benedict and Cardinal Arinze these days.

One of my favorite quotes is actually a song by Dan Shutte, in which the text is inspired by St. John of the Cross. And now, everytime I sing it, it reminds me of Padraig and his thread .

"Holy darkness, blessed night
Heaven's answer, hidden from our sight
As we await You, Oh God of silence
We embrace Your holy night."

Joey