CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th June 2013, 02:43 AM

Again we are not the magi. Even if their lives were improved, as Ron said, salvation does not come from calculations but from love and service.
Old 12th June 2013, 09:53 PM

Talking I don't understand garbandalg's point

@garabandalg: this blog is entitled "Prediction about the future of the Church";

if U don't approve of catholics trying to make educated speculations about the future, why visit this site?????

Moreover, I find the posts of Brother and Ron Conte to be very edifying and I hope that they will continue to make predictions about future events. I note that Ron correctly predicted that Benedict 16 would choose the title "Benedict XVI";

I shared Ron's prediction with a lot of co-workers who (I knew) hated catholicism; when Ron's prediction came true, it seemed to have a VERY positive impact upon those catholic-haters.

Even fallen catholic (then atheist) started going to church again.

St. Paul said, "Do not despise prophecy";
Old 16th June 2013, 06:09 AM

Default the books of Sirach and Wisdom recommend investigation

The above named books are full of recommendations that the God-loving man should continually seek to know God's will. They state that the God loving man knows future events before they occur. They seem to directly support the idea that God-fearing believers should continually explore prophecy and investigate it.
Old 17th June 2013, 05:03 AM

Default Let's get a grip on ourselves

I do not despise prophecy. However, I call the attention of all here to what Conchita said regarding the Garabandal message which is that we need to live it and not spend our time trying to make predictions. Also, if correct predictions spur people to believe what do incorrect ones do? If Ron, who actually knows what he is doing regarding many of these efforts, gets stuff wrong, who are we to presume that our efforts will be any better and if they are not why are we doing them other than ego? Which will get us closer to Heaven, humility or accurate predictions much less inaccurate ones. Show me who in the Bible other than Jesus, the great prophets, and certain select others made prophecies? Did Mary make any? Did the apostles spend as much time making predictions as we do here? I say let's let Ron and Ron alone "go there" . Let he who has made one accurate prediction other than Ron cast the first prediction.
Old 17th June 2013, 05:18 AM

Default one more thing!

Knowing God's Will is not the same thing as making predictions. To know God's Will is to read His Word< pray and meditate upon the meaning of that Word as it relates to one's life, and remain open to signs God gives us as to the applications in our lives. Where does Prophecy come in? Joseph knew God's Will because an angel told him. Someone may feel that God wants her to be a nun or a nurse. What does prophecy have to do with any of this? Knowing God's Will is remaining open to His Word and our purpose in life; it may involve interpreting things God shows us. Ultimately it seems more letting God into our lives. Making predictions and prophecies is interpreting God's signs and messages and should only be done by qualified people. We should stick to asking Ron about his efforts rather than presume to be prophets ourselves. If any who disagree with meare qualified theologians like Ron I apologize otherwise are we saying our guesses are as good as his and we are his predicting equals? If not why bother unless it is self-gratification?
Old 17th June 2013, 10:53 AM

prediction is difficult since it is about the future, but sometimes qualified people gets hints on what we share and interpret.
Old 17th June 2013, 12:14 PM
Administrator

I'll chime in here. I like garabandalg's point of view. I also agree with jeromeindesert on the usefulness of eschatology.

For most of the faithful who are interested in eschatology, they read books or articles on the topic and consider the possibilities. But they don't write eschatology. They might develop their own understanding on certain points, but not with many details. It is a difficult field to delve into, at this point in Church history.

I think that, once the tribulation begins, many of the faithful will realize it is the tribulation, and this will give them a much better understanding than secular society. It also becomes easier, once events begin to unfold, to anticipate what the next set of events will be.

Many of my predictions have been wrong so far. But most of what I am predicting is still in the future. If the tribulation begins this year, then we will being to see how accurate or inaccurate my understanding might be.
Old 17th June 2013, 12:26 PM
Administrator

What to look for at the start of the tribulation:

The start of the great apostasy, which I believe will be triggered by an encyclical of Pope Francis, perhaps the one on Faith. The Pope calls the members of the Church to believe and practice what the Church teaches. Many object strongly and depart from the Church as a result.

World War 3 begins, which is the first horseman/first seal in the Book of Revelation. I believe this is a war between the Arab/Muslim nations and the U.S., Europe, and allies.

Following quickly afterward is civil unrest, famine, and death from a variety of causes.

The progress Iran is making toward getting nuclear weapons is one indication that the war is near.

The current severe drought in the U.S. (since last summer) is an indication that the famine is near.

And we can already see, from what Pope Francis has said so far, that he is going to correct the members of the Church for their unfaithfulness.

The tribulation may begin this year (2013), but even if it does not, it is close.
Old 17th June 2013, 09:21 PM

I might add that the serious problems with the honey bee population make food shortage look like an increasingly likely possibility. Additionally, the tinkering Monsanto and friends have been doing with the genetic code of our food is a disaster waiting to happen.
Old 18th June 2013, 06:16 PM

" The encyclical includes the use of Papal Infallibility and corrects many common errors popular among members of the Church. Most Catholics reject this call to faith, and respond by leaving the Church."
for many years I thought a great apostasy would come.....but now I am not sure that it is how it will happen(or if it will happen in this time).
I can understand how such an encyclical would make people in Europe and North America leave the Church. But I do not think it will have this effect on South Americans, African or Asians. The take their faith much more seriously than we do and would not be put off ....