CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th August 2013, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Default Facebook - anti Catholic ?

I particularly don't use this network, but there has been many criticism among Catholic users about Facebook's administrators who allow bashing our Faith and discriminate against us.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...o-communities/
Old 13th August 2013, 06:45 PM
Administrator

{5:11} Blessed are you when they have slandered you, and persecuted you, and spoken all kinds of evil against you, falsely, for my sake:
{5:12} be glad and exult, for your reward in heaven is plentiful. For so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Old 14th August 2013, 05:20 AM

Yes,....we started a vehement campaign against a page that disrespects Our Holy Mother,...they are callously dismissing our complaints!!!
Old 16th August 2013, 07:01 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology...cebook_bbcnews
Old 20th August 2013, 09:23 PM

Thumbs down FB has always been anti-catholic

I got off FB long ago.

There were many vicious "hate" posts attacking the catholic church in all sorts of fictitious & libelous ways. Every time I filed a complaint that this was "hate speech" in the area of religion, FB dismissed the complaint and did not remove the hate post.

The owner of FB, Zuckerberg, is an apostate He*brew. I think his staff has gotten the message that U cannot attack any belief system (pagan, far east religion or otherwise) unless the belief system is conservative christian or traditional catholic.

Its open season on FB when it comes to cons christians & traditional catholics.

why stay on FB and continue to make billions for a politically active owner who permits the bashing of cons christians and traditional catholics??

its good to try to dialogue with ppl but I can't see doing it on a system that directly supports bigotry against my faith
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:36 PM

Actually, I stay on 'cos its the only way I can play scrabble on-line!!!..Hasbro has restricted its rights to only the US and Canada,..so only FB has the Mattel rights for the rest of the world.
Besides, I get to meet a lot of devout Catholics from across the globe, good Catholic music, etc.
Old 29th August 2013, 02:29 AM

I stay on to keep an eye on my daughter, who has me as one of her friends ( apparently not a common thing among young people ). Besides, we must stay and protest when we can.
Old 30th August 2013, 11:12 PM

The prerequisite for my children to have a facebook account was to have kept me as their facebook 'friend'. Now all grown, we're still 'friends'. It is unsettling to hear parents describing their relationships to their teens as friends, but this is a horse of a different color. I also keep many of my students as 'friends', and some who have been chastised by me because of their posts have 'unfriended' me. That is the time when I notify their parents.

Joey
Old 5th September 2013, 03:33 AM

Unhappy clarification on "closed" thread

on another thread I was extremely worried that catholics would support any sort of "monarchy";
I still feel that way;
however, I do not wish to "CONTROL" anyone or be overly insistent & I apologize to Ron Conte for appearing to do so;