CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th June 2014, 03:28 PM

Default Passing of Joey

Friends, I just got an email telling me Joey Lomangino has passed. God rest his soul! This came from a Glenn Hudson. Found this on another site. Pray, pray, pray! Oops! Just saw this under announcement under another category. Let us pray a double portion.

Last edited by littleone : 19th June 2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 19th June 2014, 07:50 PM

Default Monkey Wrench

This is terrible... Both from losing a good soul, and also from having to now discount Joey being alive when the miracle occurs...I believe it really opens up the dates of possibilities of when the chastisements begin....it still nearby, but we lost a valuable data point that we used to box in the future events...
Old 19th June 2014, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Here is the funeral information:

http://maconnellfuneralhome.com/onli...ngino/10083566

Home: Huntington, NY
Date of Death: June 18, 2014
Place of Birth: Brooklyn, NY
Birthdate: October 5, 1930
Mass: Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:30 AM St. Patricks Church, Huntington, NY

Show map
Visitation: Friday, June 20, 2014 2-4 & 7-9 PM at M. A. Connell Funeral Home Inc., Huntington Station, NY
Interment: St. Patricks Cemetery, Huntington, NY
Old 20th June 2014, 04:29 AM

Default Many will use this to discount Garabandal, but it should not....

I can see how many will now say that Garabandal is false since Joey cannot now be cured there since he has passed, but there is much here we do not know and do not understand. We are being tested, and faith is the only way through.
Old 20th June 2014, 10:21 AM

Default Heart attack

Today I read what the cause of death was: that Joey died of a heart attack in his home at 10:30 am Wed., Jun 18, dying peacefully in the presence of his family.

Last edited by littleone : 20th June 2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 20th June 2014, 10:24 AM

Default from a book

One reader on another site posted that from near the end of the book "She Went in Haste to the Mountain" that one of the visionaries said that just before the "warning" someone very close to the Garabandal story will die, and many followers faith will be shaken in the appraition of Garabandal.

I remember wondering about that when visionary, Mari Loli, died back on Apr. 20, 2009.
Old 20th June 2014, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Well, Conchita secretly knows the date of the Warning, and if it has not befallen yet, then she can keep these occurrences in her heart and admit that she might have misinterpreted what the Virgin Mary told her.

Anyhow, our Faith should not be shaken at all in our God's given Church for a private revelation.

May Joey rest in the Lord.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 20th June 2014, 02:43 PM

I will be realistic... I view Ron's website because of his attempt to predict the dates of the future events...Joey's death has put a big monkey wrench in his data. Ron now has to re assess the dates . If I recall, there were several later dates that the miracle could have occurred , but Ron selected the earlier date because of the probability that Joey wasn't going to live to 100 years...Now that Joey has passed, we have to give much more weight to those later dates...yes?

Prophecy regarding Joey appears to be a non issue...no more than the death of Mother Theresa
Old 20th June 2014, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba25 View Post
I will be realistic... I view Ron's website because of his attempt to predict the dates of the future events...Joey's death has put a big monkey wrench in his data. Ron now has to re assess the dates . If I recall, there were several later dates that the miracle could have occurred , but Ron selected the earlier date because of the probability that Joey wasn't going to live to 100 years...Now that Joey has passed, we have to give much more weight to those later dates...yes?

Prophecy regarding Joey appears to be a non issue...no more than the death of Mother Theresa

No, there are many reasons for the earlier date for the Warning (Good Friday, 2016). I don't see any need to reassess that date.
Old 20th June 2014, 08:25 PM

Default I like Little One's point and otherwise I will mirror basketball man Pat Riley's rece

Little One makes a great point. If anything, this could be one of the vehicles used to test who is and who is not a true, loyal Garabandal believer. Miami Heat president Pat Riley recently suggested that the media, players, and fans all need to get a grip in that many want to jump off the bandwagon just because the team did not win another title. I think that the same holds for garabandal. So many "believers" and "followers" want to jump ship because or this. They will often suggest that others should agree with their counts and desires to skip out the door because of this apparent setback. I suggest that this is not a setback but rather a call to adjust our perceptions and assumptions. I also suggest that those who want to jump ship join those who left Garabandal when the miracle of the visible host did not happen exactly how and when they thought it would occur. As happened then and will happen now, God's plan will occur with or without, despite the detractors. I suggest that we keep the faith, stay the course, and, in the words of Pat Riley, get a grip.