CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st June 2014, 03:33 AM

It was prophesied at Garabandal that many would fall away from belief in Garabandal shortly before the events begin. We now know the cause of that. We must be close now, very close. This is the event I was waiting for. We have entered into a new phase regarding Garabandal. It will be tough from here on out.
Old 21st June 2014, 03:59 AM

Default dates

June 18, 1961 -The story of Garabandal begins when St. Michael appears to the girls for the first time.

June 18, 1965- St. Michael delivers the important message

"“ As my message of October 18 has not been complied with and has not been made known to the world, I am advising you that this is the last one. Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over. Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them"... etc.

June 18, 2014 -Joey Lomanagino dies
Old 21st June 2014, 11:47 AM

Default This should strenghten our belief, not weaken it

I agree that this is a fork in the road. The chaff will jump ship, as they always do, because they were never fully all in. They never fully bought what happened there. In fact, this chaff is in a sort of faith limbo. One one hand, they do not believe enough in Garabandal to actively promote it but, on the other hand, they are not courageous enough to speak out against it with all grounding to their doubt. It is sacred irony that the passing of Garabandal's leading believer should stir Garabandal's greatest decline, but that very irony should inspire us to see the sacred in all of this. The devil cannot determine when our lives end, and he certainly would not want Joey to die precisely on a date which only re-confirms the events. My friends, if your faith in Garabandal is pure and genuine, the date of Joey's death is God's message to you' and the falling of the chaff is the realization of one of its central, decisive prophecies. On the other hand, if your faith in this apparition was always wobbly, this event will emancipate your hidden doubt and give you the wings to fly off the wagon. If you do so, just keep in mind that you are not alone, and that you too are part of the cast of Garabandal's main events. As for me, Joey's death only doubles my resolve to promote this beautiful story.
Old 21st June 2014, 03:19 PM

Can someone explain to me why Garabandal is still credible? If it was prophecied that Joey would receive new eyes and then he dies never receiving them what does it say?

Are we looking at the prophecy in a vacuum and saying that the prophecy itself wasn't credible not so much Garabandal in it's entirety? why?

This is really confusing.
Old 21st June 2014, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelos View Post
Can someone explain to me why Garabandal is still credible? If it was prophecied that Joey would receive new eyes and then he dies never receiving them what does it say?

Are we looking at the prophecy in a vacuum and saying that the prophecy itself wasn't credible not so much Garabandal in it's entirety? why?

This is really confusing.
[John]
{21:22} Jesus said to him: “If I want him to remain until I return, what is that to you? You follow me.”
{21:23} Therefore, the saying went out among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but only, “If I want him to remain until I return, what is that to you?”

Some early Christians misunderstood what Jesus prophesied, incorrectly concluding that John would not die (or that Jesus would return in John's lifetime). Jesus' words are still credible, even though a misunderstanding was proven to be an error.
Old 21st June 2014, 04:15 PM

To me this is a failed prophecy and therefore discredits the seer who claimed Joey's vision would be restored. I'm inclined to believe that something of a negatively preternatural phenomena occurred there if you get my drift.
Old 21st June 2014, 05:52 PM
Administrator

It's not a problem if a believing and practicing Catholic doubts or rejects a claimed private revelation like Garabandal or Medjugorje. PR is not essential to the faith. And in my estimation, most CPRs are false; they are preternatural (from fallen angels).

Personally, I'm convinced of the authenticity of Garabandal and Medjugorje.
Old 21st June 2014, 07:46 PM

Default Respect Mort and Seelos view but....

As Ron said, nobody is obliged to believe in Garabandal, especially after this event. While I respect those who now feel Garabandal is discredited, I warn those who base this on the reported prophecy to recall that it was likely incorrectly interpreted by the seer. Last time I checked, seers are human and can mess up. What's more, another part of the message says that belief inGarabandal will fall just before the warning, and this human confusion may have been allowed to do just that. We all assumed that the seer was 100% precise, and the seer likely assumed or misinterpreted the message given. The fact remains that he died on the most important date of this apparition, and that cannot be ignored. Also, as I said before, the devil does not have authority over life and death, so him dying on this date must have been determined by God as a sign that this event is part of the plan. To now say that the apparition is false is to say that it is a mere coincidence that he died exactly on the most significant date of the apparition, and/or that the forces of evil had a hand in that, which makes no sense. We are arrogant if we assume that our interpretation of heavenly messages cannot be inaccurate, and we are naive if we likewise believe that a seer cannot ever misunderstand or misinterpret a message. Look at the messages; look for something contrary to the faith, and tell us why this apparition, which has withstood Ron's strict scrutiny, should now be discarded based on human misinterpretation?
Old 21st June 2014, 08:18 PM

Default Another point

I just thought of something else. Padre Pio and Mother Teresa, two of the holiest and most saintly people in recent times, both publicly acknowledged Garabandal and became close friends of Conchita. To say that Garabandal is false is to say that the devil fooled these two holy people into becoming friends with a woman who was either lying or confused, and this considering that Padre Pio could read souls. Again, disbelieving Garabandal involves discrediting more than a few teenagers.
Old 21st June 2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
March 19, 1964 - St. Joseph’s Day
"My Dear Joseph,
Just two lines to tell you the message which the Blessed Virgin gave me for you today at the pines…she told me that the voice you heard was hers and that you shall see on the very day of the Miracle. She also told me that the House of Charity you will establish in New York will bring great glory to God."

Okay, reading the actual prediction you really see that people are jumping to conclusions, I followed along instead of reading for myself. It's clear that this can be interpreted in a multitude of ways. It's interesting that God chose to show the miracle to 3 people, if Joey has already seen it like St Pio. Is there signifcance in the numbering of 3?

Priest(forgot his name)
Padre Pio(everyone thought this was a failed prophecy too)
Joey