CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th July 2014, 04:33 PM

Garabandalg Ė

A couple of things that you should not forget. First, Garabandal hasnít been approved by the Church. Even if it were, itís not required belief to live as a faithful and devout Catholic. The tone of your posts suggest that if we donít believe in Garabandal weíre somehow not good Catholics. Secondly, Damien makes a very good point. There are lots of contradictory information online about Garabandal. Itís very difficult to sift through and it would be rather unwise for someone to accept it all at face value and not be discerning about it. In my opinion, if Iím not sure about a private revelation, Iíd rather error on the side of caution and reject it rather than to accept it and possibly weaken my faith should it turn out to be false.

I personally feel that Joeyís passing dealt a big blow to the credibility of Garabandal. Itís the same with the three Popes prophecy. I think there comes a point when weíre trying to unrealistically manipulate and bend what the visionaries have said to fit current events as they happen because we so badly want this to be true.

I think it would be great if Garabandal and Medjugorje are true and I sincerely hope they are. As Iíve said before, the fruits of these places are incredible and have brought so many people back to God but they are not the center of our faith.
Old 7th July 2014, 06:23 PM
Administrator

For me, this is not a big issue. I believe that, once the Warning occurs, Garabandal and Medjugorje will be confirmed as true private revelation.
Old 7th July 2014, 08:13 PM

Default Sorry; Just wanted to present you with my argument

I apologize if I came off as lecturing or implying that someone is not a good Catholic if they doubt Garabandal or think the Joey's passing is a big blow to Garabandal. It is just that I am a firm believer in Garabandal and sometimes become frustrated or sad when someone is not. Everyone has free will and may believe as they wish on this, of course; that is up to each person. All I have to say on the subject is in my Stations piece which Ron has kindly posted long ago and the link I just provided. I hope and pray that each person will find the view on this which most enhances their salvation. Sorry again. I just had to respond to all the doubt given my belief.
Old 7th July 2014, 11:54 PM
Administrator

The Stations of The Pines (at Garabandal)
http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article148.htm
Old 8th July 2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Maybe Keva could confirm that the translation is correct: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhxYpaqow58#t=231

Confirmed...

I think he is going to die before he gets the chance to reveal the secrets , or some of the secrets. Mary never guaranted for his life. He doesnt know the timing of the secrets , so he is implying that for the same reason that all of us are implying the same thing - from our point it just seems like the secrets are at hand. And what is "at hand" ? One year or ten years , for me its the same...

Last edited by Keva : 8th July 2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10th July 2014, 06:01 AM

Default Passing of Joey?

Hearing this news is distressing to me...perhaps I am weak of faith, but hearing that Joey will NOT be cured suggests that everything the visionaries said is suspect...it's like the cults in the past that sold everything and gathered on a hilltop awaiting the apocalypse...and when it didn't happen STILL believed it would, only that they had miscalculated. Please, Ron, can you say something to help me understand why Joey's death does not discredit Garabandal?
Old 10th July 2014, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison888 View Post
Hearing this news is distressing to me...perhaps I am weak of faith, but hearing that Joey will NOT be cured suggests that everything the visionaries said is suspect...it's like the cults in the past that sold everything and gathered on a hilltop awaiting the apocalypse...and when it didn't happen STILL believed it would, only that they had miscalculated. Please, Ron, can you say something to help me understand why Joey's death does not discredit Garabandal?

There are already several helpful comments earlier in this thread. A true private revelation is not infallible Sacred Scripture. The messages might be misunderstood by the visionary or misreported/misinterpreted.

The messages of Garabandal and Medjugorje do not ask us to do anything that we would not already be doing as faithful Catholics, so we don't need to worry. Once the secrets begin (which I think will happen in 2016), it will be clear that these claimed private revelations are true.