CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th May 2013, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Default Fatima and the Tribulation

So if you are keeping up with my eschatology posts, you know that I've been considering two possibilities for the start of the tribulation:
1. the tribulation begins in 2013 with a nuclear attack by Iran on New York City, then the Warning, Consolation, Miracle occur in 2016, during the early years of the tribulation;
or,
2. the tribulation begins in 2016, with the Warning, Consolation, and Miracle (predicted at Garabandal and Medjugorje), then the War and other events follows afterward in 2016/2017.

As some members have pointed out, the Fatima apparitions began in 1917. If we count 1917 as year one, then the 100th year since Fatima began would be 2016, not 2017. And that is exactly the year for the Warning and Miracle.

I believe that the Miracle will occur on the evening of May 12th, 2016, which is 99 years to the day from the start of the Fatima apparitions on May 13th, 1917. So this timing tends to support the year 2016 as the year of the Warning and Miracle. [edited 5/29/2013]

As for the start of the tribulation, it makes sense for the events of the Warning, Consolation, and Miracle to have a beneficial effect on the Church and the world, resulting in peace, not war. So the tribulation must begin a few years prior to the Warning and Miracle.

The first four events are War, Civil Unrest, Famine, and Death (2013 to early 2016). Then the events of the Warning and Miracle serve as a turning point, causing all four events to wind down over the next few years. The conversion of the Protestant and Orthodox Churches, and their unification with the Catholic Church is also a result of the Warning and Miracle. A brief respite follows, in the early 2020's, as the Church rejoices in this new unity and in an end to the first four events of the tribulation. Then sin and suffering resume, and the tribulation continues and becomes more severe.
Old 28th May 2013, 10:02 PM

Default Based on Current Events

I don't think the pot brewing in the Middle East is going to wait until 2016-17 to boil over. So, I go with number 1 scenario ... perhaps as late as 2014 but no later. Go back to Garbandal ... I believe all is gloom & doom ... loss of belief in Garbandal ... then the Warning and the Miracle happens ... so would it make sense for peace & calm before these events? ... I don't think so
Old 29th May 2013, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDavid View Post
I don't think the pot brewing in the Middle East is going to wait until 2016-17 to boil over. So, I go with number 1 scenario ... perhaps as late as 2014 but no later. Go back to Garbandal ... I believe all is gloom & doom ... loss of belief in Garbandal ... then the Warning and the Miracle happens ... so would it make sense for peace & calm before these events? ... I don't think so

Good points.

It means a lot will happen in the next few years: War, civil unrest, food shortages, many deaths, and the great apostasy.

Iran already has enough nuclear material for a breakout (a rush to make weapon-grade uranium). It is only a matter of months before they have a nuke, if they don't have one already.
Old 29th May 2013, 02:57 PM

Default I have learned not to attempt to pin down the Warning, etc

The Garabandal Message is about changing one's life and living for God and others. It is not about speculations, calculations, and predicitons. I used to love doing that until I realized that calculators and calendars do not bring anyone an inch closer to God. Besides, God always shows us that those calculators and calendars are, more often than not, inaccurate.
Old 29th May 2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
The Garabandal Message is about changing one's life and living for God and others. It is not about speculations, calculations, and predicitons. I used to love doing that until I realized that calculators and calendars do not bring anyone an inch closer to God. Besides, God always shows us that those calculators and calendars are, more often than not, inaccurate.

Your statement has some merit. Our focus should be on our relationship with God. However, the messages of Garabandal and others contain a prophetic element. If we were not intended to think on and speculate about those elements why would they be given?

I believe it falls to some, such as Ron, to investigate such prophecies and do the best they can to make sense of them. I certainly don't hold Ron to some absolute truth in relation to his speculation, but I appreciate him sharing his knowledge and understanding with the rest of us who aren't called to that effort.
Old 29th May 2013, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I realized that calculators and calendars do not bring anyone an inch closer to God.

Calculations and calendars based on true prophecy got the three Magi closer to God.

Prophetic messages from God are sent for a reason.
Old 29th May 2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDavid View Post

I have always been one to argue for option number 2. Jesus taught us to call the First Person of the Trinity "Abba" which means, Father. Now, there is an order given at Garabandal, and that order is Warning, Miracle, Chastisement. I don't believe any good Father punishes his children before he warns them and gives them a chance to say "I'm sorry". So I think from a purely logical standpoint option number 2 makes the most sense. Also, if a war, civil unrest, and famine were beginning it would impede the faithful from getting to sites where there are going to be Permanent signs.

About dates, well, that is not for me, but Jesus did tell us to look at the signs of the times like the fig tree.
Old 29th May 2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonafreak View Post
I don't believe any good Father punishes his children before he warns them and gives them a chance to say "I'm sorry".

I should have clarified this point. We all have access to the natural law by reason alone, and with faith and reason working together we can know the Divine Law, so we all know more or less what is moral and immoral, but I think you understand what I was trying to say.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother View Post
Calculations and calendars based on true prophecy got the three Magi closer to God.

Prophetic messages from God are sent for a reason.

I really like this comparison Brother!
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14
Old 30th May 2013, 08:28 PM

Wink my educated guess is option 2 is more likely

God seems to be taking a long time for things to happen.

I first read about Medjugorje in 1983 & its been 30 years & still only half (3 of 6) the seers have all ten secrets. The remaining 3 have 9 of the ten secrets.

Also: following Garabandal, the USA blind gentleman Joey Lomangino was promised new eyes when the miracle occurs. He is now 83 years old. The average male in the USA lives to 77.6 years. If a man makes it to 85, he has a 50% chance of making it to 90 years old.

Thus, it seems that something will occur in the next seven years (probably). Who knows????

I wish option 1 was going to happen because I am getting old and I want to be alive when all these predictions occur. But I have seen so many prediction dates (from a variety of educated speculators) come & go with nothing happening that I am pessimistic about anything occurring soon.

If Option 2 is the timeline, I will be quite happy with that even though it means having to wait even longer.

Does anyone else on this blog feel the way that I feel? Are you getting wearisome with having to wait so long for Our Lord to act in the dramatic fashion that we know He will act in the coming years???

When I go to confession, I often have to confess to the priest that I am having a difficult time fulfilling the first commandment because I feel a tad resentful that Our Savior seems to be allowing evil to rule for so long.