CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > News and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th June 2007, 01:31 PM

Paul,

Your version is probably the one that will be imposed during the reigns of the ten kings and earlier. People will probably delete this event from history books in the future, including any reference to the permanent signs. If they'll be unable to conceal the truth they'll give many scientific and absurd explanations to why the three days of darkness happened.
It's astonishing to think that people's hearts will be so hard to even reject the permanent signs and all the wondrous things that will happen in the 21st century, including the signs of the two prophets in the future. Fortunately the world will end in a determined time, otherwise people's sinfulness would reach an imaginable level.
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 25th June 2007, 09:30 PM

when will the Coalition will be pulled out of Iraq?
Old 26th June 2007, 04:09 PM

We probably will never completely pull out, but if a democratic president gets elected I would guess there will be some changes made in regards to Iraq
Old 26th June 2007, 05:48 PM
Padraig

I took it from Ron's prediction that the coallition forces would go down to complete defeat. This would be necessary for a lost of Western prestige leading on to the invasion of Europe.

Anyway looking at the news it looks like both Iraq and Afghanistan are complete and utter disasters.
Old 28th June 2007, 12:09 PM

Default There is an ironic twist in all of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Yes form a religious point of view we could say that the extremists will be successfull because God will be at their side first. From a secular point of view we could say that their success is mainly due to:

1- guerrilla like war in cities which makes conventional war impossible for the allied army
2- nuclear threat which makes many nations surrender without any war
3- Economic and social collapse of the western nations which are dependant on oil and resources.
4- there is even a social factor brought by secular sinful society. You see the conventional army does not exist in most european nations now but only professional armies. There are not enough well trained people ready to fight in a war. Young people in europe are not fit anymore, they are unprepared.
Just try to put side by side a well trained young extremist who fights zealantly for a misguided version of Islam with an unfit average young who likes to play videogames and listen to i-pods for most of the day. There is no match, my generation will be unable to prepare well for a war which will come suddenly like a storm even if we had the best weapons in the world.

Everyone will recall how the Bible tells of smaller forces defeating larger ones at various times, all because God is on their side. Ironically, here we will have a smaller force defeating a larger force, but I do not think that one can say God is on their side. Rather, it may be more God will allow them to win at first thus fulfilling prophecy. In a way, I think it more proper to say that these guerilla forces will win because the devil is on their side and God will allow that to make a difference.