CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > News and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th February 2008, 09:29 PM
themilitantcatholic

Default Obama

He has a heavy heart for a soldier at arms.
He has absolutely no heart for a defenseless full term human being in the womb faced with infanticide (partial birth abortion procedure).

He wants to negotiate freely with those whose lot in life is the total destruction of all thats Judeo-Christian in this world.
On the other hand, pro-life is utterly non-negotiable.

He assures all that he is not Muslim, though his claim to be Christian rings deafenly hollow, considering that for all of his higher intellect, he does not yet know or understand the basic precepts of Christianity. His church affiliation is one in a many from a long line of fractured, splintered Protestant sects, whose ministers and members with their vociferous racist rants rival that of a certain Louis Farrakhan.

His recent hints at how he would handle foreign diplomacy as president, makes Jimmy Carter look like Gen. McCarther.

His grandiose liberalistic ideological mantra of compassion for all except of course the unborn, is akin to man frantically trying to solve the ills of the world in a most stubbornly backward way, to deny the right to life is to deny life itself.

Obama is even touted as being a messiah for the modern world - but not a messiah for the Christian world, we already have ours thank you - no, Obama is a messiah for a world bursting with Panthiesm.

In checking the pulse of this world lately, it is my guess that abortion on demand will only cease to exist when man is faced with being ceased to exist, when man is faced with mass extinction here on this earth.
Old 29th February 2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilitantcatholic View Post

In checking the pulse of this world lately, it is my guess that abortion on demand will only cease to exist when man is faced with being ceased to exist, when man is faced with mass extinction here on this earth.

Mother Teresa warned, “If we say that a mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill each other? . . . THE FRUIT OF ABORTION IS NUCLEAR WAR.”
Old 29th February 2008, 01:29 PM
Administrator

If the election is McCain, who is generally pro-life (except that he supports embryonic stem cell research), versus either Hillary or Obama, who are pro-abortion, feel free to speak in this group unequivocally in favor of McCain on the basis of the pro-life issue.

I'm still predicting that Hillary will win, and later change her mind and become pro-life. But it is certainly good to favor pro-life politicians.

A Catholic is not required to vote only for pro-life candidates; other issues can be considered. But if I did not think that Hillary will change her mind on this issue, I would not be voting for her.
Old 29th February 2008, 02:58 PM

Default What a soup this is

What an election. We have two people with the charisma of a mop ( Hillary and McCain) and one person with the charisma of the devil ( Obama).

We have a fawning media drooling over Obama half the time and refraining from bashing Hillary the other half. In fact, the fact that the media does not really dislike any of these 3 should warn us to where this is going.

I have learned to observe, perhaps comment, but in the end look beyond this increasingly petty and superficial stuff only because I know that none of it has a bit to do with our salvation as long as we keep our eyes on the prize and trust/love God enough to ask forgiveness when we mess up.
Old 29th February 2008, 03:25 PM

Default McCain on Abortion

Here's what John McCain said about abortion in 1999:

"I'd love to see a point where it is irrelevant and could be repealed because abortion is no longer necessary. ... But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to (undergo) illegal and dangerous operations."

Bush had a Republican Senate and House and did very little about abortion in the US.

I wonder if these folks are really pro-life, or if they are pandering to a certain constituency to get the votes, and then they do nothing.

Politics is ignominous.
Old 29th February 2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator

It is a problem that many pro-life politicians are not willing to go out of their way to oppose abortion. Five pro-life Presidential terms: Reagan, Reagan, H.W. Bush, W. Bush, W. Bush and no real benefit to the pro-life cause. So I generally prefer to vote for pro-life politicians, but I know that most of them will not do much about the problem of abortion.
Old 29th February 2008, 06:09 PM
supporting member

I feel that one has to cast his or her vote based on the abortion issue. Abortion trumps all the other issues combined simply because so many children are being killed in the womb.
Old 29th February 2008, 07:27 PM

Dumb question, but isn't it more important that so many Catholics are on the Supreme Court? After the Warning they could repeal Roe vs. Wade without care of what the President thinks. It seems providential that for the first time in U.S. history the Supreme Court is majority Catholic.

Am I wrong somewhere in this logic?

-jay
Old 29th February 2008, 08:45 PM
Administrator

I think that God wants to end abortion by changing the minds and hearts of the people. If an end to abortion is merely imposed by a Court or a law, it does not address the great sinfulness that led to widespread abortion.
Old 29th February 2008, 09:13 PM
supporting member

It would be interesting to know the abortion rate per capita pre and post roe vs wade. The abortions done when it was illegal can only be guessed?