CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > News and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th May 2008, 11:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Therese

csmonitor.com/2008/0519/p09s02-coop.htmlHello Ron, you have mentioned that Hilary could become President if Obama was assasinated.I came across an interesting article in The Christian Science Monitor, the author[whose father was a muslim] states that because Obama's father was a muslim[though did not practice as a muslim]Obama is still a muslim,therefore an apostate muslim, if he did become President with Hilary as V.P I wonder? would that make him a target for assasination? Here is the link for those who would like to read the article. Regards,Therese
Old 19th May 2008, 12:35 PM
Administrator

In my view, Obama is a fairly ordinary politician. He's liberal, and he's a good speaker. But I don't believe those who villanize him, and I don't believe those who aggrandize him.

He was baptised, so, in the Catholic view, he is in fact a Christian, not a Muslim.

As for the possibility that he will be assassinated, I hope that that is not the case, but I know that there is much evil in the world and there are many who would be unreasonably afraid of him as President.

I still think that Hillary will be president at the time of the Warning, because that scenario fits with my understanding of God's plan, so that a woman who is liberal and was pro-abortion would lead the nation to become pro-life.

Also, I think that there will be a severe controversy (much more than what has happened so far) over Obama, which will influence the Cardinals in the next papal election to vote for a black man as Pope. This controversy could be riots due to Obama not getting the nomination, or, what is more likely at this point in time, outrage if he is assassinated. Or perhaps some other scenario.
Old 19th May 2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
In my view, Obama is a fairly ordinary politician. He's liberal, and he's a good speaker. But I don't believe those who villanize him, and I don't believe those who aggrandize him.

He was baptised, so, in the Catholic view, he is in fact a Christian, not a Muslim.

As for the possibility that he will be assassinated, I hope that that is not the case, but I know that there is much evil in the world and there are many who would be unreasonably afraid of him as President.

I still think that Hillary will be president at the time of the Warning, because that scenario fits with my understanding of God's plan, so that a woman who is liberal and was pro-abortion would lead the nation to become pro-life.

Also, I think that there will be a severe controversy (much more than what has happened so far) over Obama, which will influence the Cardinals in the next papal election to vote for a black man as Pope. This controversy could be riots due to Obama not getting the nomination, or, what is more likely at this point in time, outrage if he is assassinated. Or perhaps some other scenario.

Facts are facts. I have posted just a sample of history here. Obama is a Marxist. Why do you think the MSM, The American LEFT are pushing for him. The area of Chicago (Hyde Park) that is Obama's power base is Radical LEFT. They thought they had the perfect Manchurian candidate, but his inexperience has lead him to make some major gaffes. IMHO Hillary will win the nomination in Denver. The super delegates & even some pledge delegates (Their state rules) can change their vote at the roll call during the convention until a candidate gets a majority of delegate, which must include Fl & Mich. Hillary will not be his VP. Either second on the ticket will draw the negatives out. If Obama does win the nomination, McCain will defeat him. The last straw for Obama making him unelectable IMHO was last week when he floolishly took the bait about appeasement & now he is boxed into a corner. Those Republicans who don’t like McCain & might not of vote will now come out in droves, thinking that Obama would meet with the Hitler clone President of Iran unconditionally & give the store away.

BTW lots of Reds from the Soviet Union immigrated to the Mid West, especially Chicago during the 1920’s. Also lots of American Reds migrated there.

http://www.chicagohistory.org/static...o_radicals.pdf

http://www.press.uillinois.edu/books...252032066.html

Last edited by JonDavid : 19th May 2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 21st May 2008, 04:30 AM

Default Obama's Decemberists

Turns out that Obama's opening act at the megarally (Oregon) was The Decemberists, a hugely popular indie rock band, which typically opens their concerts with the Soviet National Anthem.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/robert-knight

How odd that the MSM didn't tell us that a few of the 75K in attendance may have come for the tunes.

...And did the Obama rally begin with the Soviet National Anthem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCCTe87IxfU

The concert went for 45 minutes and was widely pitched on Facebook etc. But did the band trim their act to make it Obama-appropriate?
Old 21st May 2008, 11:20 AM

Hi Jon David,

I guess it is hard to prove conclusively that he is a Marxist, as he has not personally come out saying whether he is or not. It would damage his political career if he did say he was.
But what I can say is that he maybe embracing some Marxist ideals, such saying "that America should not go hungry", and he'll do all it takes to eliminate hunger.
That means if he was to be President, it would be by means of more governmental control.
America's problem of hunger should really be left to charities and fellow christians in church ministries to address the needs of those who are struggling to survive.
At least with Hillary and McCain you know who you are dealing with, as far as idealogies are concerned. Obama could be bit of a Dark Horse, after been exposed to Rev. Wright for twenty years!
A cousin of mine who lived in Switzerland said to me, that Catholic Church that he went to, did not have an offertory collection for money, because Christianity is a State Religion, therefore the State pays for the church's upkeep! So much for not been able to give your first fruits to God!

The more sinful society becomes, the more opportunities there are for government to take control over our lives.
For example in recent time:-
You can't board an International Aircraft these days, with a water bottle without it being confiscated. Well that happened to be in January this year!

Paul
Old 3rd June 2008, 07:57 AM

Default Vice President?

"NEW YORK (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton is poised to deliver a message Tuesday "that she will do whatever it takes" to put a Democrat in the White House -- a message that Sen. Barack Obama insiders say indicates she would accept an offer to be Obama's running mate if asked."

According to this news article today, it appears that Hillary still has a good chance at being President at the time of the Warning in 2009, even if Obama becomes the Democrat nominee.
Clearly she would I suppose, automatically become President by default, if something ugly happens to Obama between January and April 2009 that would prevent him from being Commander and Chief. Perhaps in early 2009, God's providence in this interesting campaign would be made more apparent!

Last edited by Paul Bellett : 3rd June 2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Some people will die on the day of the Warning, as a result of the shock of seeing all their sins. So that is a possibility also.

Clearly, Providence is at work in an unusual way in this election. It is going to be interesting.
Old 3rd June 2008, 02:15 PM

Default Wild possibilities exist

it would be ironic if Obama chooses Hillary for vp, wins and then dies at the Warning and she becomes president. Nobody to blame for his death since many would have died and nobody specific to blame. US gets first African-American pres and first female pres within months of each other.
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:25 PM

Default It is already interesting...

From this distance, from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, I'm amazed at this election. It's really interesting to follow the news about this "battle" for nomination. It's interesting to read Ron's predictions and to follow the whole thing happening. Some might say, "Well, he was wrong about it"; others might say, "Well, it may be wrong at first, but... who knows?"

There's this saying in Portugal: "Ainda muita įgua vai correr debaixo das pontes", which means "A lot of water is still to pass under the bridges". All sorts of things could happen.

Lucky as we are to know about Ron's writings and to know about what's currently happening, we just have to wait and see... and pray.

Homo Viator
Old 28th September 2008, 12:44 AM

Interesting to see what will happen