CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > News and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th November 2008, 03:32 AM
mariateresa

Default God help us... what is going to happen to us... this is all very depressing...

It looks like Obama is going to win.... It looks like the embryonic stem cell research is going to pass in Michigan.... I just read that the South Dakota abortion ban was defeated...

...this is all very depressing and despairing...

Last edited by mariateresa : 5th November 2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old 5th November 2008, 04:30 AM

Default Put your money where your mind is...

Obama won with Catholic votes, our local Bishop even wrote a glowing non endorsement article on him. I do not give a red cent to my local parish, to hell with the liberal Catholic Church. Gay and sexual deviant priests, fat and soft looking priests, with no passion whatsoever. Mass with crap music and feminized women deballing men. No word about confession or hell. No. not one red cent for the Diocese for local parish, let them colllapse. Most priests are more interested in their next delicious meal and sabbatical, than their parishoners soul. This is it for me let judgement fall on the Catholics of the USA, most are all Ted Kennedys in thought.
Old 5th November 2008, 06:53 AM
supporting member

Where do you receive the Sacraments, then?
Old 5th November 2008, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Jose, you are right that many members of the Church today have many faults, such as those you cite. But the Church is the body of Christ. And over time the Church's faults will be corrected by God's grace and providence. The Warning will help with this, as will the first part of the tribulation.

Ron
Old 5th November 2008, 01:38 PM

I must admit that this election has presented many surprises for me. I know several Catholics (Mass attending, prayer group members, etc.) that voted for Obama. I fear that they may have voted out of pride.
But I have also been given hope by many non-Catholics who advocated for God's Law in a public manner - Arguing and debating with others for Life, Marriage, etc.
I also take hope in the Warning which will help all of us.
It is strange how I both fear the Warning (for myself) and also take hope in it (for all of us including myself).

Lastly, I take hope in Christ and think about how He endured so many injustices. He is Lord and endured so much....how can we, who are sinners deserving of punishment, expect to live without such injustices.
Old 5th November 2008, 01:48 PM
supporting member

Jose, be at peace. We live in a battle torn world. The fight is against unseen forces. The militant Church will triumph. Sammy.
Old 5th November 2008, 02:48 PM

Default If it must get worse before it gets better, then this all makes sense

I too am disgusted with those Catholics who voted for Obama, with this despicable national press that did everything it could to shield him from the proper consequence of his radicalism. If the press revealed half the truth about this man, he could not get elected dog catcher.

It is easy to give up, to lose hope, but Christ is not about easy; He is about truth, Divine Justice, mercy and staying firm in the face of setback.

I too fear the Warning, but I welcome it for a nation that needs this major wakeup call.
Old 5th November 2008, 09:01 PM
supporting member

Obama is just slightly to the right of center politically. It is wrong to characterize him as a radical. Whatever health care reform he might implement is going to be deeply flawed, because it will not be a single-payer system; it will be through privatized insurance companies. I did not vote for him, because he is far too conservative on most issues, including the war in Iraq. More killing and death will be seen under his Administration. Of course, there is the abortion issue. More killing.

I agree with Ron that abortion will not come to an end by voting, but by God's Providence.
Old 6th November 2008, 11:30 AM

The fight is not quite over yet!
We know that there are certainly many who trample upon God's laws.
I wonder if the same respect will be shown with regards to the U.S. Constitution (Laws made by man to be kept by man).
There are two prominent lawsuits running against Obama at the moment, a Hawaiian court hearing for Andy Martin on the 18th of Nov, to try and access Obama's certified authentic 'vault' copy Birth Certificate, of having his birth 'registered' in Hawaii, but records will likely show he was not born in a Hawaiian Hospital, since his half-sister "thinks" he was born in one hospital and Obama says in alternative one. How difficult can that be, not knowing where you are born? The Kenyan President even announced tonight on TV, that " Obama's roots are in Kenya"!
And then we have the Supreme Court response for Dec 1st for the Phil Berg Attorney case. If Obama and the DNC can stonewall the Supreme Court by not producing a valid Birth Certificate, and the Court backs down, then we have a serious case of ignoring the statues of U.S. Constitution and what it stands for, and what it was intended for, to protect the nation's best interests.
As Phil said, "It would turn into a constitutional crisis", if they allow him to be President knowing full well he is not a natural born citizen of the U.S.A.!
Old 6th November 2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredcello View Post
Obama is just slightly to the right of center politically. It is wrong to characterize him as a radical. Whatever health care reform he might implement is going to be deeply flawed, because it will not be a single-payer system; it will be through privatized insurance companies. I did not vote for him, because he is far too conservative on most issues, including the war in Iraq. More killing and death will be seen under his Administration. Of course, there is the abortion issue. More killing.

I agree with Ron that abortion will not come to an end by voting, but by God's Providence.

IMHO, Obama is far to the left. On social issues he does not recognize the rights of states to choose not to recognize gay marriage. He supports even the most abhorent abortions. He supports partial birth abortion, federally funded abortions, Planned Parenthood, embrionic stell cell research, no parental notice for minors seeking abortion, abortion on demand, infanticide of babies who survive abortion. He will appoint liberal minded judges.
On secular issues (off shore and Alaskan drilling, taxes, spending programs, financial bailouts, size of government, non-private union voting rules, approving driver's licenses for illegal immigrants, healthcare, etc.) he has also shown a far left view.
Concerning foreign policy he moved to the center during the election but was far left of center during the primary debates.

He has been elected President of the United States so I pray for him, my country and all of our world leaders to do God's will in all things.