CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > News and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 8th February 2011, 08:16 PM
TheGiftOfLife

I too did not mean my comments for every single Muslim. Also, not that polls are all true but when I hear that the majority of all muslims beleive that one should be beheaded if they leave Islam or stoned to death for committiing adultery, it does make me wonder about what the actual religion teaches and how far away it is from what Christ taught and that these things are not reserved only for Extremeists!. Another fact, where is the mass vocal opposition from the non-extremists against the extremisits. If it really is 99% to 1% than why dont we hear from them? If anyone did what the extremists did in the name of Catholicism. Could you imagine the public statements from the Pope and Vatican and religious and the layity? All im saying is that it makes me wonder about what is really in the hearts of the majority of Muslims. Personally I think the hatred in general (including Jews) is more wide spread and that political correctness will help them to create much damage; we might be turning a blind eye.

Last edited by TheGiftOfLife : 8th February 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:04 PM
Mark

Muslim hatered, from the time of Mohammed, has allways been towards anyone who does not share their theology. Mohammed made it clear in his time that you were persuaded to follow his way or you suffered the sword (according to Hillary Belloc's book The Great Heresies) Their hatered towards the USA deals with our freedom, capitalism, Christianity and our way of life. Granted many people in the USA, and the world as a whole, do not have good moral values, but it pales, in comparison to the brutality that radical Muslims show to those who have a different theology or view point different then theirs.
Old 9th February 2011, 08:06 AM

Here is another viewpoint though slightly prejudiced, that still gives a lot of insight into the origins of Islamic xenophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaventure View Post
Can anyone explain what the origin is of the vehement hatred of the US by Muslim extremists? Did it simply start because of the faith?
Old 9th February 2011, 10:53 AM

whoops..i left out the link...here it is:

http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/theprophet.html
Old 9th February 2011, 12:24 PM
Administrator

this news story
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Centr...tre-20714.html
details an attack by an angry mob of Muslims against a Catholic Church, a Protestant Church, a Catholic orphanage, and a Catholic health center. Why? because a Protestant Christian accused of blaphemy (making fun of some Islamic symbols) and proselytizing (trying to convert people to Christianity) was not given the death penalty. He was found guilty and given 5 years in prison, but the crowd wanted him killed.

This type of conflict between Muslims and Christianity is one of the root causes of the next world war, in my opinion.
Old 9th February 2011, 02:04 PM

Ron,

After posting here yesterday, I went home with a more generous attitude towards Muslims, 'cos of the post regarding the holy woman in Medugorge. I switch on the news on TV..and wham..this story, with actual footage of the rabid mob beating the Christians to death..its on youtube now.

This sort of thing really loosens an atavistic fear among the minority, especially if youre a family man with women dependent onyou...you know...you hear of even nuns being abused...

a few years back an australian missionary( in India) and his 6 & 7 year old sons were burnt alive in the camper they were sleeping in...His wife comes up on TV later, and says "she has only compassion for those who did this, and she is praying for their redemption...!!!!!..those were hindu fanatics though..
Last week the main accused was set scot free, 'cos the witness were too scared to speak!

This is the insecurity i was speaking of, that minority Christian communities have to endure...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
this news story
http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Centr...tre-20714.html
details an attack by an angry mob of Muslims against a Catholic Church, a Protestant Church, a Catholic orphanage, and a Catholic health center. Why? because a Protestant Christian accused of blaphemy (making fun of some Islamic symbols) and proselytizing (trying to convert people to Christianity) was not given the death penalty. He was found guilty and given 5 years in prison, but the crowd wanted him killed.

This type of conflict between Muslims and Christianity is one of the root causes of the next world war, in my opinion.
Old 9th February 2011, 07:21 PM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyfifer View Post
I went home with a more generous attitude towards Muslims, 'cos of the post regarding the holy woman in Medugorge. I switch on the news on TV..and wham...!

Fey, just another point of view:

Islam / Muslims do help me morally. Somtimes living in the USA we get desensitized to everyday evils and while Islam might be extreme compared to the ways of Chirst. That extremism can help bring to light things that we might accept here in the USA.

They are basically fundamentalists and to some extent so am I. They see the USA as a great Sin and yes indead we are in many aspect.

We have unlimited abortion up to 9 months (via loopholes)
Hollywood pushes drugs and immoral sex on all of us and now our youth (see the new MTV show SKINS, the actors are actually 15 and are naked and taking drugs and having sex)
We are taking God out of every aspect of our lives
We are materialistic
etc...

These are things that Islam teaches against. These are the same things that Christ taught against.

Granted. its GREAT to practice what you preach about things as adultery, but to stone people to death because of it is where they go astray.
After all, the Old Testament and the Jews also beleive this as well, they just dont practice it because according to the Jews they cant YET until they New Temple is built and "The Law" then can be executed again.

Thank God Christ came to FULLFILL the Old Testament!
Old 9th February 2011, 09:54 PM
Bonaventure

Ron,
I have to agree with you on the world war. It will occur because of religious clash between Christian, Jews and Muslims. We saw a pocket of that occur in Medjugorje (Bosnia) in the early 90's. I was there during the war and it was ugly. You were judged by your faith. Orthodox against Muslim against Catholic.
This was just a foretaste I believe....
Old 10th February 2011, 01:38 AM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaventure View Post
Ron,
I have to agree with you on the world war. It will occur because of religious clash between Christian, Jews and Muslims. We saw a pocket of that occur in Medjugorje (Bosnia) in the early 90's. I was there during the war and it was ugly. You were judged by your faith. Orthodox against Muslim against Catholic.
This was just a foretaste I believe....

A Kibeho, Rwanda seer, Segastashya, was also told (allegedly by Mary) he himself would die soon (which of course occurred; this aspect is impossible to deny) and further quoted the Lord as saying: "Tell all men there is not much time left. I will return soon. Therefore, hurry to do good, for Satan will one day disappear from this world, and then you will never be tempted again. But hurry, there is little time left. Do not be afraid but have faith! For the one who does good will come with Me to Heaven. Today the world is full of hatred, and you will know My return is near, that I am on My way, when you hear and see the wars of religion. Know too, that it will not be easy to recognize Me." Because Emmanuel was not approved, we must consider his messages in that light.
Old 10th February 2011, 03:15 AM
Administrator

The return of Jesus is not near. There are two parts to the tribulation, and very many events over many years, before Christ returns. All that Scripture and the Saints have predicted will take several generations to fulfill. So this claimed message cannot be true.