CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > News and Politics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th February 2007, 08:04 PM
CRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
Cecil,
How do we stop it? And I understand Padraig's feelings of hopelessness.

We can pray and fast.
We must pray and fast.

This is how I pray sometimes. I imagine I am floating over the earth and I ask God to help me see the world through His eyes.
It puts things into perspective and although it makes me very sad, it also makes me very hopeful because I know He is in charge.

Our lives are lived in the blink of an eye.

I look at our lives here in the 'civilized' West and I see so much pain.
Sometimes I wish it was like it was when my grandparents were little.
They worked hard, but, they spent time together.

God Bless,
Marie

My take; this is a military chess game. 1) Israel needs US permission to fly over Iraq and they want it now, 2) all military commanders plan on the ultimate war, defense, offense, etc, 3) announcing this openly (they must already have the permission) they keep Iran on the defense, 4) this cost Iran millions of dollars in logistics support, weapon dispersible, training, and recall of their troops, and finally 5) helps the US defer attention from the Iraq war to Israel and Iran.

There is a song, "Don't worry, be Happy." As long as we can remain in the state of grace, we only await the homecoming to our Lord; not a bad place to go I would say.

We might be able to know the future but we can prepare to live it with God.

Cecil
Old 25th February 2007, 08:16 PM
CRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI2001 View Post
Jon David

I don't think Iran will hear any message, not even if it was delivered with a nuclear bomb exploding on their soil. Iran and one of its "moderate" leaders, Hashemi-Rafsanjani, have already considered any attacks against them and the ummah:

Iran is bringing about the appropriate conditions for the reappearance of the 12 imam/Mahdi, nothing is going to get in their way.

Symposium: Ahmadinejad’s Armageddon

The Mystical Menace of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Waiting for the rapture in Iran

Waiting for the Mahdi

Ahmadinejad’s Apocalyptic Faith

I don't think the two aircraft carriers and battle groups that are off Iran were sent there caring pizza's. If they do strike and hit Israel, I would say that it would take less the 9 minutes to eliminate most of Iran. I think the rest would run or hide until the radiation dispersed. Then we would be in battle gear, combat for years. Remember, the US Navy is like an iceberg, only ten percent is visible.

Cecil

Last edited by CRW : 25th February 2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 25th February 2007, 08:39 PM
Mario

Default So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
I had not heard this about Israel. Does anybody have a link to this???!!

I feel so sad about stuff like this lately and wonder how I should have been praying and fasting a lot more. But really its like trying to stop a tidal wave of hate and anger...

The world as we once knew it is coming to an end. But a better one is coming, may we all of it live to see its dawning.

...But a better one is coming; may we all live to see its dawning! Padraig, these are the days we must pray many Acts of Hope. We must keep one foot on earth and one in heaven.

Jn 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Act of Hope

O my God, relying on your infinite goodness and promises, I hope to obtain pardon for my sins, the help of your grace and life everlasting through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer!

Our precious Lord shall lead us through this veil of tears.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!
Old 25th February 2007, 08:42 PM
AI2001

Default What good is a navy or anything else for that matter, without the will to use it?

Quote:
I don't think the two aircraft carriers and battle groups that are off Iran were sent there caring pizza's. If they do strike and hit Israel, I would say that it would take less the 9 minutes to eliminate most of Iran. I think the rest would run or hide until the radiation dispersed. Then we would be in battle gear, combat for years. Remember, the US Navy is like an iceberg, only ten percent is visible.

Cecil

The U.S. of A. may have a great military, but with a lack of will, it means nothing and Iran knows we don't have the will.

Iran's response to the huffing & puffing of the U.S.A and the world:

Ahmadinejad: Iran Won't End Nuke Program

Quote:

"The train of the Iranian nation is without brakes and a rear gear," the radio quoted Ahmadinejad as telling a gathering of Islamic clerics. "We dismantled the rear gear and brakes of the train and threw them away sometime ago."

Secretary Rice:

Quote:

"They don't need a reverse gear. They need a stop button," Rice said on "Fox News Sunday." "They need to stop enriching and reprocessing, and then we can sit down and talk about whatever is on Iran's mind."

"I've said that I am prepared to meet my counterpart or an Iranian representative at any time if Iran will suspend its enrichment and reprocessing activities. That should be a clear signal," she added.

You cannot throw your weight around, if you are not willing to finally sit down and crush someone with that weight.
Old 25th February 2007, 08:52 PM
CRW

Quote:
The U.S. of A. may have a great military, but with a lack of will, it means nothing and Iran knows we don't have the will.

Iran's response to the huffing & puffing of the U.S.A and the world:

Ahmadinejad: Iran Won't End Nuke Program

Secretary Rice:

You cannot throw your weight around, if you are not willing to finally sit down and crush someone with that weight.

We will not strike first but woe to them that dare. We do not need to invade them if they use nukes first; and Bush would not need Congress approval to launch. He carries that little black bag with the code to launch. I am afraid it it happens after Bush, then we better start growing potatoes. I am sure that Padraig can assist us in that department.

Cecil
Old 25th February 2007, 09:23 PM
Padraig

Irish Spuds are reserved for the manufacture of good whiskey and can in no circumstances, no matter how dire, be wasted on food.
Old 25th February 2007, 09:24 PM
AI2001

Default Once I thought Bush had the nerve

CRW

Quote:
We will not strike first but woe to them that dare. We do not need to invade them if they use nukes first; and Bush would not need Congress approval to launch. He carries that little black bag with the code to launch. I am afraid it it happens after Bush, then we better start growing potatoes. I am sure that Padraig can assist us in that department.

Cecil

I once thought that Pres. Bush had the nerve, I no longer think that.

He is the one that gave the nod to Secretary Rice to step back and allow the Europeans/Chinese/Russians (the appeasers) to 'negotiate' with Iran.

He is the one that gave the nod to Secretary Rice to allow to make the offer of talks, to sweeten the pot for Iran.

It was under his watch that in 2006 Iran laughed at that very offer and it was also under his watch and with his permission that Iran was rewarded (for thumbing its nose at the world) with supplies from Boeing.

Iran does what it pleases, and if/when Iran has a nuke, they will use it and WE will not respond in kind. A little nuclear blackmail on Iran's part and the United States will be impotent, because they will not want to be held responsbile for taking action, and that action resulting in one of its 'allies' getting nuked.

MAD is not going to work with Iran.
Old 25th February 2007, 09:24 PM
Padraig

Talking

Sorry about that
Old 25th February 2007, 09:30 PM
CRW

Quote:
CRW

I once thought that Pres. Bush had the nerve, I no longer think that.

He is the one that gave the nod to Secretary Rice to step back and allow the Europeans/Chinese/Russians (the appeasers) to 'negotiate' with Iran.

He is the one that gave the nod to Secretary Rice to allow to make the offer of talks, to sweeten the pot for Iran.

It was under his watch that in 2006 Iran laughed at that very offer and it was also under his watch and with his permission that Iran was rewarded (for thumbing its nose at the world) with supplies from Boeing.

Iran does what it pleases, and if/when Iran has a nuke, they will use it and WE will not respond in kind. A little nuclear blackmail on Iran's part and the United States will be impotent, because they will not want to be held responsbile for taking action, and that action resulting in one of its 'allies' getting nuked.

MAD is not going to work with Iran.

You must remember that his first priority is Iraq. It does not help that the new facees in congress and senate are trying to ensure our defeat in Iraq. Don't measure his bite by the bark now employed. He will not strike first but woe to...

Cecil
Old 25th February 2007, 10:54 PM
AI2001

Default Iraq is but one battle

CRW

Quote:
You must remember that his first priority is Iraq. It does not help that the new facees in congress and senate are trying to ensure our defeat in Iraq. Don't measure his bite by the bark now employed. He will not strike first but woe to...

Cecil

Iraq is but one battle in a much greater war. The president needs to pull back and see the big picture, because Iraq is not it.

AI2001