CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th May 2008, 03:27 AM

Default Little Mary silenced

Ron, I noticed that when I go Little Mary's web page: http://www.littlemary.us/ and click on "announcements and updates" It says that the her archbishop (Now retired?) has issued a directive that she no longer publish the messages. I suspect it is because of the straightforwardness of the messages recently and the direct references to "The Warning" and "Day of Judgment". I am saddened by this because those messages were really helping me live my faith better and they also inspired me. Ron, what do you think about this?

Zach
Old 7th May 2008, 03:36 AM
Administrator

This is the same bishop who silenced Fr. Robert Altier.
I could find no statement on the diocese website as to why Little Mary was silenced.

It happens that some true private revelations are given an initial negative decision by the local ordinary, and that some false private revelations are given initial approval by the local ordinary (the bishop in charge of the diocese).

I think that this kind of erroneous judgment by bishops and others will continue, even after the Warning, until the Miracle places a Permanent Sign at the locations of true private revelations.
Old 7th May 2008, 04:53 AM

Default Typical

The way many Church leaders are going now, being silenced by one of them seems more often than not to be a compliment and positive sign that the messages may be real.
Old 7th May 2008, 04:58 PM
supporting member

Default This was news to me.

I have printed and distributed all of these messages via "Little Mary" to a number of members of my local parish for the last few years. This is disappointing. Our Blessed Mother had told the Medjugorje seers that all messages would end "when the sign is on the hill"....(ie the Great Miracle)
Old 7th May 2008, 07:33 PM

Default Bishop Harry Flynn

For more than a year, it's been known that Bishop Flynn is retiring in 2008. http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...lynnsuccessor/

For some reason, this is his one of his parting shots. Shortly, a new Bishop will be appointed.
Old 7th May 2008, 08:11 PM
Administrator

True private revelations such as the Divine Mercy or from the recently officially approved, Our Lady of Laus, received negativity from their bishops at first too. So, this kind of personal errors are later corrected by the Church before Her final/official conclusion.

It seems to me that Little Mary is so humble that did not fight over it (such as typically the false ones do); but, on the contrary, she accepted/obeyed the Archbishop's decision in accordance.
Old 7th May 2008, 08:31 PM

Perhaps the Archbishop found the messages a liitle too uncomfortable to his liking, but what really surprises me are that the monthly prayer gatherings have been discontinued.
This is practically a gag order on anything she does, which involves other church members.
Old 8th May 2008, 01:12 PM

Default Obedience certainly a key element of veracity

Now that I think about it, if a seer/apparition/ message is not inconsistent with the Magisterium and doctrinal tradition, is silenced by a Church leader, and the seer humbly and obediently accepts that leader's misguided order, the odds that said apparition/message/seer is legitimate is authentic seem to be high.

On the contrary, any so-called seer who angrily or resentfully responds to such an order seems more akin to Lucifer's " I will not serve" defiance, which is never of God.

The Garabandal girls stopped having apparitions in the town church, stopping at its door, because The Virgin obeyed the local Bishop's order that such events not occur in the town church. Also, The Virgin often told the girls to obey their parents, even when that order contradicted what She wanted them to do. Draw your own conclusions about the importance of obedience to the authority God has placed over us in the eyes of God.
Old 8th May 2008, 02:00 PM
Administrator

If the content of the alleged seer's messages contradict the teachings of TSM, then the alleged apparitions are false.

If the content is in harmony with Church teaching, then the alleged apparition may be true.

obedience to the Church is a better indicator than obedience to one particular bishop.
Old 10th May 2008, 06:04 PM

Default Agree, but what if there is no clear rule or formal directive?

I agree that obedience to the Church is a better indicator but, in the case of the Garabandal girls, there was no prescribed rule against having apparitions inside a church. In that case, simple obedience to the local bishop, despite that absence of formal prohibition, seemed a sign of Heaven's preference that we be obedient rather than defiant.

The Virgin often told the girls to obey their parents wishes that they do this or that, even minor things that seemed to have no importance. In addition, She often told them to obey their superiors even when those people seemed to be seeking things apparently contradictory to the dispersal of the messages.

Where there is no formal Church rule, no apparent reason why something should be done in a certain way or that someone who do or not do something, being called to obey whatever Church authority desires is, in my mind, something to be given great weight. The devil is the prince of lies, of disobedience and of defiance. I do not think that he is capable of consistently asking people to obey their parents, obey their local pastor etc, as such things probably disgust him.