CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th April 2011, 05:28 PM

Default Even the rock was not always solid...

Peter walked on water because he had faith in that moment. I doubt many of us have "rock solid faith"; I know I do not, and I doubt the vast majority do. Even Peter, who had faith to walk on water, denied Him three times which means he doubted in following Him completely in those instances.

At best, for most of us, we seek to improve our faith as best we can, in a haphazard, inconsistent, sometimes wavering way which is most likely not deserving of the great mercy, love and patience Our Dear Lord has for us and our efforts. The measure of that faith, I think, is not how solidly we feel it or whether or not we sometimes doubt or wonder but, rather, in how humbly and desperately we need and desire to approach Our Lord despite those weaknesses, faults,doubts, and moments of wonder. Why? because we love Him so much that we cannot imagine, or want to experience, being without Him for eternity. It is that desperate love that made Peter, the one whose faith was so great as to walk on water and so weak as to deny Him three times, ultimately dare to ask forgiveness and believe that Christ would take him back with loving arms as He will all of those who need Him more than they need their pretense of not being sinners.
Old 6th April 2011, 05:32 PM

Default How I interpret "at their worst"

As I understand it, "when things are at their worst" means at their worst upto that point. Certainly things can get worse after that, but none of us can say that things have not been going downhill for a while now. In a sense, unless things suddenly get better or at least slightly improve, they will always be "at their worst" during their descent into the pit of where we are headed. Sadly, since things have not gotten better but continue to get worse, they will always be "at their worst" all the way down to wherever they are going.
Old 6th April 2011, 05:36 PM

Default Joey' s Eyes and New Sight

As I understand it, Joey's physical eyes will be healed at the Miracle and, in a sense, many people's spiritual ( as well as physical for many I am sure) eyes will be healed at that time as well as they may suddenly "see" God, their faith, the supernatural, their lives, and their eternal salvation in a new light.

If the WArning and Miracle do not open someone's eyes, that person may surely be blinder than Joey has ever been. It is ironic that this physically blind man has been chosen to help the spirituall blind find salvation.
Old 6th April 2011, 08:28 PM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
As I understand it, "when things are at their worst" means at their worst upto that point. Certainly things can get worse after that, but none of us can say that things have not been going downhill for a while now. In a sense, unless things suddenly get better or at least slightly improve, they will always be "at their worst" during their descent into the pit of where we are headed. Sadly, since things have not gotten better but continue to get worse, they will always be "at their worst" all the way down to wherever they are going.

Excellent Point!

Things certainly are not better than the past. Im talking about a global scale of immorality. I see so much of it in the everyday lives of the average person. The devil has certainly infultrated the masses
Old 7th April 2011, 08:30 AM

Perhaps if you read the thread in its entirety, you'd realize that my point is only that any ordinary human being WILL be able to experience supernatural religious phenomena, (like the warning, consolation and miracles) if they believed without doubting!
If you bite off bits and pieces of my posts and refer to isolated comments, instead of following...er..."the thread".... and then castigate me for being harsh on "the crowd", or "stating the obvious" arent you being a tad uncharitable?...I cant understand why youre being so defensive about being part of "the crowd"?!?...I just used the words to show the difference in the video (of the way different people experience a common reality) to someone who implied that everyone would experience the warning in the same way, whether they doubted the fact or not!

Last edited by feyfifer : 7th April 2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 7th April 2011, 08:40 AM

Well, let me indicate that faith in my humble desperation for my Lord, by acceding to your points, and not making room for any more abrasive comments. So, walk in peace my brother, and may Jesus bless you!
Old 7th April 2011, 02:58 PM
Mark

Personally, I would have doubts about Garabandal if not for two points. Padre Pio saying "Yes Joey, Mary is appearing in Garabandal" and secondly Joey receiving his smell back from the blessings of Padre Pio, even though he has no olfactory nerve. If Padre Pio believed the BVM appeared at Garabandal it is good enough for me to believe also.
Old 7th April 2011, 05:54 PM

Default good points

Mark, good points and simply stated. None of what has been said here should indicate to anyone doubts about Garabandal. I believe Garabandal is real and realize that this has nothing to do with whether the Warning will happen this month or not, which I think all would agree.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
As I contemplate what may be 'awakened' inside the consciences of Catholics, I realize that alot of transgressions will be revealed. It is the sanctity of the Eucharist that I pray will be restored. This most precious and awesome gift to humanity is so defiled in these times. The sins of the world are immense, and we have the Eucharist as a means to combat sin. Yet, it is not venerated, cherished, nor received througout the world as the Perfect Presence that it is. I shudder when I think of the profanities against the Blessed Sacrament.

Agreed!!! I have this same concern and daily pray for a renewed reverence to the mass. For how we pray (mass) is how we believe (true presence in the Eucharist) is how we live (sense of sin).

Very few people going to confession any more and actually, very few opportunities TO get to confession. My parish offers confession once a week and that is after the 8am mass on Saturday mornings. Virtually impossible to get my whole family there.
Old 15th April 2011, 08:28 PM

Default Sorry seems to be the hardest word....

With all due respect to Love Story, I believe that sin means thinking that you never have to say you're sorry....as more live in sin, less think that they have to say they are sorry, and therefore confession becomes unnecessary and, to a degree, useless.