CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > FAQ about the Future
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th April 2007, 01:08 AM
CRW

Default St. Faustina

Ron,

Diary entry 83 writes this: before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given a sign in the heavens of this sort: All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great light which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.

Does this play any role, in your opinion, concerning the secrets or by itself, another great darkness which will fall.

Cecil
Old 27th April 2007, 01:40 AM
themilitantcatholic

Sounds like the Three Days of Darkness.
Old 30th April 2007, 09:54 PM
untamed_angel

Wow now that is powerful. What a powerful sign. I am wondering what the last day is?

God bless
Untamed
Old 30th April 2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRW View Post
Ron,

Diary entry 83 writes this: before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given a sign in the heavens of this sort: All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great light which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.

Does this play any role, in your opinion, concerning the secrets or by itself, another great darkness which will fall.

Cecil

The first part of the tribulation is a reflection of the second part of the tribulation, and there is a great darkness during each time. The three days of darkness occurs at the end of the first part of the tribulation. Another darkness (perhaps longer than three days) occurs near the end of the second part of the tribulation.

This passage states two returns for Jesus, which in my understanding are His return in 2437 (mercy) and his later return for the general resurrection and jugdment (justice). This darkness and sign of the cross in the sky is said to occur before Jesus' return for justice and judgment. Also, the day of the general resurrection is often called the last day. So this passage refers to that later time, not to the first or second part of the tribulation.

However, some events of the first and second part of the tribulation may foreshadow that later event.
Old 30th April 2007, 10:43 PM
CRW

Ron,

Thanks for your reply. I really wanted to see this sign, but I know that will not occur unless I am with the communion of saints....

Cecil