CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th March 2011, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Default the Warning and non-Catholics

from my book: The Secrets of Medjugorje and Garabandal Revealed

"The Warning has its limits. It will not reveal all knowledge about religion or about morals. It will not make all non-Catholic Christians realize that Catholicism is the truest form of Christianity. It will not make all non-Christians realize that Christianity is the truest form of religion."

The Warning only reveals sins on the conscience at the time of that event. So if a person is a Jew, who has not culpably rejected Christ and Christianity, he will not realize that he should convert. Fallen sinners have difficulty finding moral and religious truth, in a fallen sinful world. And so many persons who are non-Christian will not realize, at the Warning, that they have committed an objective mortal sin by rejecting Christianity.

Muslims will generally not realize that they should convert to Christianity. Protestants will not generally realize that they should convert to Catholicism. This failure to realize that Catholic Christianity is the truest form of religion is due to a lack of full culpability (principally due to a lack of knowledge, called invincible ignorance).

So people will generally seek answers in their own religion, rather than suddenly all deciding to convert to Catholicism.

But some persons are culpable for their rejection of Catholicism, and these persons will know that sin at the Warning. Some will repent, and others will not.
Old 30th March 2011, 06:09 PM
TheGiftOfLife

I know many Jews, in fact the majority of religious Jews that I know beleived Mary was a prostitute and Jesus was a bastard(a child born out of wedlock) worthy of death.

I know many non-Catholic Christians that beleive the Pope was a Nazi, Mary was no one special and not a virgin after marriage as well as having outright hate toward Catholicism and thinking that the Holy See is the devil himself.

I would hope these will be corrected at the warning.
Old 30th March 2011, 06:39 PM

Default Seems consistent to me....

I think this interpretation of what the warning will and will not do is consistent with God's way of respecting individuals' spiritual choices and approaches. He wants us to approach Him freely and not out of some magical wave of a wand.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:09 PM

[quote=TheGiftOfLife;36420]I know many Jews, in fact the majority of religious Jews that I know believed Mary was a prostitute and Jesus was a bastard(a child born out of wedlock) worthy of death.

I know many non-Catholic Christians that believe the Pope was a Nazi, Mary was no one special and not a virgin after marriage as well as having outright hate toward Catholicism and thinking that the Holy See is the devil himself.

OH! Dear me,
Sound like not much will change at all,
Luke 16:19–31
“Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send him to my father’s home. 28 For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don’t end up in this place of torment.’

29 “But Abraham said, ‘Moses and the prophets have warned them. Your brothers can read what they wrote.’

30 “The rich man replied, ‘No, Father Abraham! But if someone is sent to them from the dead, then they will repent of their sins and turn to God.’

31 “But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they won’t listen even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”
Old 31st March 2011, 09:12 AM

Ron,

This is so interesting that you would say that!..I've almost finished the book and one of the things most concerning me is the Hindu reaction. We Indian catholics are less than 20 million among 1.2 billion Indians. Thats less than 2%. I can more or less guess how the numerous muslims will react here,..but hindus...its highly complex!

A very good number of hindus desire to be good yet their idea of worshipping a deity is parallel to the Greeks in Acts 17:23...they cover their bets and worship every proclaimed God! Earlier they would openly pray at churches after visiting their temples. Now because of the hindu knee jerk reaction to muslim extremism, (they terrorize their own people for even looking at a Xtian Church), they come surreptitiously.

So, when the warning makes clear the Truth (John 14:6) the sheer volume of people who will take the warning (and the Christian reaction to it) seriously, is going to gravely disconcert the extremists...

Whether THAT works out good or bad, like you say only, prayer, fasting and self denial is going to help us through the tribulation that is going to affect the whole world anyway!

Last edited by feyfifer : 31st March 2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 31st March 2011, 12:34 PM
Administrator

I believe that, over the course of the first part of the tribulation, India will become a mostly Christian nation. At the Warning, believers who are not Christian or Jewish or Muslim will tend to look toward Catholicism for an explanation of these events. The Jews, Muslims, and Protestants will not have a sufficient explanation. So there will be many converts to Catholicism during the first part of the tribulation, in my view.
Old 31st March 2011, 03:14 PM

Default Just a pause......

I am curious...if no warning this year....what then?
Old 31st March 2011, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
I am curious...if no warning this year....what then?

Subsequent to 2011, the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, do not fit my understanding of the timing of the Miracle (and therefore also of the Warning). The dates 2016 and following are too late to fit in my eschatology regardless of the day and month of the Miracle. So I have to stand on 2011 as the year when the tribulation begins.
Old 31st March 2011, 05:00 PM

I suppose you could say that if the Warning does not happen this year, then parts of the overall timeline would be incorrect. But I agree that there are many Catholic prophecies which fit in well with the current one, so we'll have to wait and see.
Old 31st March 2011, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I suppose you could say that if the Warning does not happen this year, then parts of the overall timeline would be incorrect. But I agree that there are many Catholic prophecies which fit in well with the current one, so we'll have to wait and see.

Yes, I agree.