CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th August 2012, 07:36 PM
LittleBrother

As I understood the problem with Medjugorje is with the visionaries not living the life the way it would show people good example (expensive cars, homes, etc.). Visionaries of Fatima became spiritual persons who lived very humble spiritual life style.

In terms of obedience my favorite example is Padre Pio. Although he was going through real punishment and disrespect from Church, he would always say, that if it comes from Church, it comes from God, with the meaning that even if it doesn't please you, it might have the goal that you cannot understand yet.

Last edited by LittleBrother : 29th August 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 29th August 2012, 08:00 PM
Administrator

That is one of the objections. However, not every visionary becomes a Saint. The main criteria for recognizing true private revelation is found in the content of the messages. All visionaries are sinners.

In addition, I should point out that all six visionaries are living as believing and practicing Catholics. Although they are criticized sharply from some quarters, they have not been found to have committed any grave sins. It seems to me that the criticisms are exaggerated.

I believe that the messages of Medjugorje are true private revelation because when I read the messages, I recognize the subtle yet profound wisdom of God. I have read thousands of messages from false private revelations. These are easily understood to be false by the numerous doctrinal errors that they contain. I find no such doctrinal errors in the messages of Medjugorje, and whenever I hear of a claim of a doctrinal error in the messages, and I consider what is being said, there is no error.

But the faithful are free to hold varying opinions on Medjugorje.
Old 29th August 2012, 08:15 PM
LittleBrother

Answering your initial question: "If Medjugorje is disapproved... "

we still have Bible

Personally I agree that Mother of God has great role for the Church and community, but we don't need to go nuts about personal revelations. We can spend whole life just studying Bible and become holy. Can't we?

Perhaps better question would be "can we live without private revelations?" or "will we become less holly without the messages revealed through them?".

Instead of reading spiritual literature, praying or doing good deeds, people are spending their precious time arguing... that's really a win for evil
Old 29th August 2012, 08:50 PM
Administrator

If Medjugorje is disapproved, the faithful may still believe in the message and apparitions there, without sin. I will certainly continue to believe, since I recognize the voice of the Blessed Mother in those messages.

But even true private revelation is not essential to the Faith. We have Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium as the three pillars of truth in the Catholic faith.
Old 5th December 2012, 07:54 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Default Vatican report on Medjugorje due this month?

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/...?storyid=16418

Marija's message on Dec 2nd, one report says that it seemed Dire.

http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/8199/m...-more-at-risk/

Here is the video, her face didnt seem any different that usual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGI88tTzSY
Old 7th December 2012, 05:17 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Default Update on the Vatican report on Medjugorje

Vatican spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi said the speculation was “not true” and that the commission’s findings will take longer.

Earlier this week, the French magazine La Vie said the commission, established by Pope Benedict XVI in 2010 and chaired by Cardinal Camillo Ruini, was expected to present its report to the Holy Father by the end of December.

“I have spoken with Cardinal Ruini and I can assure you that it will take longer,” Fr. Lombardi said. “Among other things, the commission must first give its opinion to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith to discuss, so it’ll be a long time yet.”