CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th February 2013, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Default Garabandal Miracle and "Great Event in the Church" ?

Miracle:
Quote:
It will occur on a Thursday on the feast day of a saint devoted to the Eucharist, at 8:30 in the evening, and will last for about one quarter of an hour. It will also coincide with a great event in the Church.

http://www.garabandal.org/story.shtml

Quote:
Q. You have said that the Miracle of Garabandal will coincide with a great event within the Church. Did Our Lady tell you what that event will be, and can you add anything to what you have already said about this matter?

A. Yes, I know what the event is. It is a singular event in the church that happens very rarely, and has never happened in my lifetime. It is not new or stupendous, only rare, like a definition of a dogma- something like that in that it will affect the entire church. It will happen on the same day as the Miracle, but not as a consequence of the Miracle, only coincidentally.

http://www.mgr.org/miracle.html

The recent resignation of our Holy Father is a very rare event in our Church, the last time this happened was in 1415 during Gregory XII.

Would this lead to the unfolding of another very rare event within our Church to coincide with the Miracle?

According to information given, the event also has to be a Thursday on the feast day of a saint devoted to the Eucharist, which make us wonder it could be something else unrelated to this recent event.
Old 11th February 2013, 10:18 PM
Administrator

I still think that the rare event is the canonization of one or more Popes on the same day.
Old 12th February 2013, 03:11 AM

Default wow

Very good point brother. I was thinking along the same lines as Ron, but Feb 28 and landing on a Thursday has made me raise an eyebrow. Coupled with the fact that the resignation will be effective at 8 pm....
Interesting, and way to think outside the box.

Last edited by Archangel Michael : 12th February 2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12th February 2013, 03:41 AM

I like Brother's hypothesis as well. So Warning and Miracle this Easter ?

Who knows ? Could very well be.
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14
Old 12th February 2013, 03:58 AM

Heres a question. Who s feast day is Feb 28 th
Old 12th February 2013, 04:00 AM
Administrator

I'm still thinking that the Warning, Consolation, and Miracle are in 2016.

I think Feb 28 was chosen merely because it is the end of the month. No other significance.
Old 12th February 2013, 04:42 AM

No ,No,No....you guys are losing site of the forest for the trees...Don't get too excited about this Pope resignation thing... There is at least one event that needs to be fulfilled...Warning occurs when things are at their worst...to do an accurate analysis take into consideration ALL the available information...don't go crazy over just a few, or you will be disappointed...there are other prophecy , facts etc... that need to fit ...I agree with Ron...2016..enjoy your life as best you can until then...

By the way ..my daughter goes to St Mary's at South Bend IN, and is doing a semester in Rome this spring...hopefully she will witness the election of our new Pope...unexpected gift for her...God is good...

Ron , I think the fact that the Pope resigned will result in many catholics calling for the next Pope to resign( a new alternative that many didn't realize was possible) because they don't agree with his conservative teachings...I can see a future rift developing...

Also, this event that occurs only once in a while( per Conchita) that coincides with the warning or Miracle...could it have something to do with a former Pope and current Pope being alive at the same time?
Old 12th February 2013, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba25 View Post
Ron , I think the fact that the Pope resigned will result in many catholics calling for the next Pope to resign( a new alternative that many didn't realize was possible) because they don't agree with his conservative teachings...I can see a future rift developing...

Also, this event that occurs only once in a while( per Conchita) that coincides with the warning or Miracle...could it have something to do with a former Pope and current Pope being alive at the same time?

No, it cannot be a former Pope and a current Pope being alive at the same time because that is not an event.

Yes, I think that, from now on, the voices of dissent will be calling for the resignation of each successive Pope, based on their rejection of the teaching of the Magisterium.
Old 12th February 2013, 05:10 PM
Administrator

On the question of 3 Popes, since Pope Benedict will (presumably) still be alive during at least part of the reign of the next Pope, perhaps the end times begin while both the new Pope and the former Pope are still alive.
Old 13th February 2013, 06:18 PM

Default one who clings to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
On the question of 3 Popes, since Pope Benedict will (presumably) still be alive during at least part of the reign of the next Pope, perhaps the end times begin while both the new Pope and the former Pope are still alive.

Ron,

We have been expecting two Popes to be killed during a nuclear missile strike
on the Vatican ( the true Pope (the one after Peter the Roman) and an anti-pope --- the anti-pope being the "one who clings to me" in Scripture)

Is there a possibility the two popes who die may be the true Pope at the time and our retired Pope Benedict.