CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Prayer, Self-denial, Works of Mercy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th March 2018, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Default Novena to St. Joseph

This March 19th is the Feast of St. Joseph, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary and it’s a good time to start a Novena dedicated to this great Saint tomorrow the 11th.

St. Thomas Aquinas has said the following:

“Some Saints are privileged to extend to us their patronage with particular efficacy in certain needs, but not in others; but our holy patron St. Joseph has the power to assist us in all cases, in every necessity, in every undertaking.” - (Favorite Prayers to St. Joseph, TAN Books, pg. 6).

St. Teresa of Avila:

“To other Saints our Lord seems to have given power to succor us in some special necessity - but to this glorious Saint, I know by experience, He has given the power to help us in all. Our Lord would have us understand that as He was subject to St. Joseph on earth - for St. Joseph, bearing the title of father and being His guardian, could command Him - so now in Heaven our Lord grants all his petitions. I have others to recommend themselves to St. Joseph, and they, too, know the same thing by experience...” (ibid. - Autobiography, VI , 9).

There are many pious Novenas to St. Joseph, you may choose the one that you prefer. Below is a link of one of these Novenas. The important thing is to pray with true love (agape), humility and devotion. Starting the Novena tomorrow, March 11th, will make us finish it right on his Feast day, the 19th. If you are able, you could also go to a Church dedicated to St. Joseph.

Novena:
https://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/joseph.htm

Memorare to St. Joseph:

REMEMBER, O most pure Spouse of the Virgin Mary, St. Joseph my beloved Patron, that never has it been heard that anyone invoked thy patronage and sought thine aid without being conforted. Inspired by this confidence, I come to thee and fervently commend myself to thee. Ah, despise not my petition, dear Foster Father of our Redeemer, but accept it graciously, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 10th March 2018, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Default Act of Consecration to St. Joseph

DEAREST St. Joseph, I consecrate myself to thy honor and give myself to thee, that thou mayest always be my father, my protector and my guide in the way of salvation. Obtain for me a great purity of heart and a fervent love of the interior life. After thine example, may I do all my actions for the greater glory of God, in union with the Divine Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary! And do thou, O blessed St. Joseph, pray for me that I may share in the peace and joy of thy holy death, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26