CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Introduce Yourself
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th February 2009, 07:10 PM
TheGiftOfLife

Thanks for ALL the welcomes. I appreciate it. The forum is great and Its nice to discuss with others who are growing in their faith and knowledge of the one true religion!
Old 24th February 2009, 07:16 PM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiftOfLife View Post
Thanks for ALL the welcomes. I appreciate it. The forum is great and Its nice to discuss with others who are growing in their faith and knowledge of the one true religion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredcello View Post
Hello John, and welcome.

When you say that you had your first personal experience with Conchita and Garabandal 15 years ago, do you mean that you heard her speak in person? You live in New York which is where she lives, so I thought this might be possible.

I have met Conchita on 3 occasions. One on One. The first time by accident, the second time pro-actively, the third time by accident.

I knew nothing of Garabandal but was very familiar with approved apparitions. In my 20's the Garabandal Apparitions were revealed to me through different means many times all in the matter of one week. Thats what sparked the interested for me to gain some knowledge. That search let me to a home here in NYC where I met Conchita without knowing who she was, then again on the mountain tops at Garabandal a week later, purely coincidental.

Maybe I will write the entire account and post it if Ron gives me permission.
John
Old 24th February 2009, 07:44 PM
Administrator

OK, if you wish to, you may write it and submit it to me for possible posting, either on this site, or at CatholicPlanet.com
Old 24th February 2009, 09:28 PM
supporting member

Quote:
I have met Conchita on 3 occasions. One on One. The first time by accident, the second time pro-actively, the third time by accident.

I knew nothing of Garabandal but was very familiar with approved apparitions. In my 20's the Garabandal Apparitions were revealed to me through different means many times all in the matter of one week. Thats what sparked the interested for me to gain some knowledge. That search let me to a home here in NYC where I met Conchita without knowing who she was, then again on the mountain tops at Garabandal a week later, purely coincidental.

Maybe I will write the entire account and post it if Ron gives me permission.
John

Cool!
Old 24th February 2009, 10:39 PM

How is it that Conchita now lives in New York? Was there a reason why she moved permanently from Garabandal?
Old 25th February 2009, 01:23 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Acoording to my recollection on interviews I have heard from her, After the apparitions stopped, she loved to talk about them to the public and she became very popular. Then the visionaries started to doubt the apparitions as if they were a dream. Conchita felt torn that if she talked about the apparitions that she was maybe misleading the public, if she denied them then she felt she was being unfaithful to the Virgin Mary. She asked her priest and he told her if she had any doubt that she should not speak about them anymore. (this explains her reaction to me that I will explain if Ron posts my story after I write it) -- In any case, she was studying to be a Nurse and decided to move to NYC where she could be anonymous because if was difficult when people approched her she did not know how to react. I think she moved here alone and worked in a hospital, then met her Husband and the rest is history.
-John
Old 25th February 2009, 02:49 AM
supporting member

Quote:
Acoording to my recollection on interviews I have heard from her, After the apparitions stopped, she loved to talk about them to the public and she became very popular. Then the visionaries started to doubt the apparitions as if they were a dream. Conchita felt torn that if she talked about the apparitions that she was maybe misleading the public, if she denied them then she felt she was being unfaithful to the Virgin Mary. She asked her priest and he told her if she had any doubt that she should not speak about them anymore. (this explains her reaction to me that I will explain if Ron posts my story after I write it) -- In any case, she was studying to be a Nurse and decided to move to NYC where she could be anonymous because if was difficult when people approched her she did not know how to react. I think she moved here alone and worked in a hospital, then met her Husband and the rest is history.
-John

I am looking forward to reading your experiences with Conchita, if you choose to share them.
Old 25th February 2009, 04:10 PM

Default Phone conversations with Conchita; hope to someday meet her

The few times I spoke with Conchita I got the distinct impression that she was not eager to speak too openly about Garabandal. It seems she just wants people to read and follow the messages, to live them as best they can, and to try to save their souls and the souls of those around them.

Given my present medical situation I cannot reach out to her for now but, perhaps, with God's Grace, I will have the opportunity to do so again soon.

I once read that saints like John Bosco often asked regular people to pray for them, which often shocked the regular person who found it absurd that a saintly person would seek prayef for their salvation from a common sinner. A common myth, abundantly contradicted by Saints themselves, is that saintly types have one foot in salvation and, to apply a baseball analogy, first ballot hall of salvation entrants. Saints often display their humility by making it quite clear that they need prayers for their salvation for, with God, we cannot presume anything but must offer all to His Will. I am not saying Conchita is a saint, but she exhibited that same humility and clearly stated that she was trying to save her own soul just like the rest of us. God willing, I will be able to finally speak with her face to face as John has been so fortunate to do so.
Old 4th November 2012, 04:16 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
OK, if you wish to, you may write it and submit it to me for possible posting, either on this site, or at CatholicPlanet.com

Ron, im flagging this old post so you may need to re-read it to refesh your memory.

I had many strange experiences that revealed Garabandal to me. I recall posting my experience but cant seem to find it in my threads. Can you help me find it. The reason I am raising this is that , yet again, only now years later, another strange thing has happened that has connected me to Garabandal again but i dont want to say that experience without giving others the full story of my experience.

let me know
thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 11:57 AM
Administrator

I think this is the post you wanted:

http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/...ad.php?p=40736