CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > FAQ about the Future
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2009, 08:30 PM

Default Rare in the church...

Is there any record of any Saint being cannonized without first being beatified? Is it conceivable that, given the great outcry of the world for JPII to be cannonized, the Church would expedite the process in this way? If so, it would certainly be a rare event in church history, I would think. Input welcome! God bless all here.
Old 1st April 2009, 03:34 AM
TheGiftOfLife

Great one!

I did not think of that, but while doing my research I did question if there were any beatifications or even canonizations of the early Popes. Im not sure there were, for instance, and actual process of making St. Peter a sainit within the church. It might have just been a given. The same might hold true for beatifications. Its very possible that there were canonizations without beatifications. I'm not sure who or where to go to to get information on this but I will keep looking.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:38 PM
Administrator

It is possible for a Pope to omit any or all of the steps toward canonization, and directly canonize someone as a Saint. However, I think that the Warning will cause Pope John Paul II to be beatified sooner, so that he can then be canonized on May 13th, 2010.
Old 29th July 2009, 06:44 PM

spiritdaily has just reported that the Pope will be in Turin April 10th, 2010 visiting the shroud. Does this in any way have weight with your predictions on the Warning?
Old 29th July 2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gateKeeper View Post
spiritdaily has just reported that the Pope will be in Turin April 10th, 2010 visiting the shroud. Does this in any way have weight with your predictions on the Warning?

No, I don't think it is related to the Warning on April 2nd, 2010.
Old 30th July 2009, 05:51 AM

Default first friday mass

Ron,

the Good Friday fell on the 2nd of April and it is also First friday , will there be a mass then?
Old 30th July 2009, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myLivingBread View Post
Ron,

the Good Friday fell on the 2nd of April and it is also First friday , will there be a mass then?

There is never a Mass on Good Friday, only a Communion Service. I'm sure that there will be Masses, despite the confusion and turmoil caused by the Warning.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:33 AM

I just came across a passage from Maria Simma's book 'Get us out of here' about the holy souls in Purgatory where I believe she alludes to the warning:

Quote:
p.40 Have the Poor Souls told you anything specific about your future?

Not in any detail but on several occasions they have said that something very big was at the door, just ahead of all of us now; but whether I will see that I do not know. As I said before, it will come from God and will be for everyone's conversion. He will make His existence very clear, but even then not all will convert their hearts toward Him...
Old 20th August 2009, 07:13 AM

Default Interesting Old Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I just came across a passage from Maria Simma's book 'Get us out of here' about the holy souls in Purgatory where I believe she alludes to the warning:

Yes, I believe Shane you are right on the money with what she is saying about the reference to the Warning!
All the best wishes and intentions for you wanting to become a priest. I hear Ireland and Croatia are fertile ground for the sheer number of new priests. I guess some are "exported" to meet the shortage of priests in Australia & New Zealand and probably the USA for that matter.
I would also like to add the following online link below which says a great deal about Maria Simma's charism regarding purgatory.
- An interview with Maria Simma written by Sister Emmanuel of Medjugorje
http://www.holysoulscrusade.org/maria-simma1.html

God bless
Paul
Old 20th August 2009, 02:20 PM

Thanks Paul, and to all other members for your good wishes.

On the subject of the Warning, it occurred to me that the greatest false idea among Christians today (even Catholics) is that the antichrist is ready to rise to power. When the warning happens, I think this will cause great confusion among those who are expecting an antichrist, as the warning surprises them. It's amazing how little references to the warning exist in comparison with other eschatological events, such as the Three Days of Darkness, for example. The world will not expect the warning, and when it comes, it is for this reason, added to the realisation of personal sins, that many people panic.

Shane
Closed Thread