CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Predictions about the future of the Church
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th March 2009, 12:13 AM
Administrator

Default the martyr of the Eucharist

This is an account of a vision received by Conchita pertaining to the date of the Miracle of Garabandal:

Conchita: «The Miracle will be on the feastday of a young martyr of the Eucharist, a boy who carried Communion to persecuted Christians. His companions, on seeing him pass by, wanted to force him to stay and take part in their games. Infuriated by his resistance, they ended up hurling stones at him until he was left almost dead. Later a Christian soldier came, who recognized him and carried him in his arms.»

One of those present exclaimed: «Oh, that's St. Tarcisius!»

Concerning the claim that Conchita saw St. Tarcisius as the martyr of the Eucharist, whose feast day coincides with the Miracle, perhaps this is incorrectly reported.

But another possibility is that the visions does not present the martyr of the Eucharist, but instead gives a hint as to which is the martyr of the Eucharist. The feast of St. Tarcisius is in August, and Conchita has plainly publicly repeatedly stated that the Miracle occurs in March, April, or May. So she was not being shown the martyr of the Eucharist whose feast day will be the date of the Miracle, but was instead being given an indication as to the correct martyr. Otherwise, why even show her a martyr, why not just permit her to reveal the date?

So here is the meaning of the hint that the vision gave to Conchita:

St. Tarcisius and Blessed Imelda both died at about the same age, both died as martyrs of the Eucharist, both are patrons of First Communicants, his feast day coincides with the Assumption and her feast day coincides with the Ascension (in 2010). Notice the strong connection between these two martyrs.

You have all read Sacred Scripture. You know that many truths are placed in Sacred Scripture in an obscure and hidden manner. So, too, Conchita was shown the one martyr of the Eucharist as a way of pointing to the other martyr of the Eucharist. Mary often presents truths in a hidden manner, requiring both faith and wisdom to fully understand.

Finally, I believe and predict that, after the Miracle, the date for the feast of St. Tarcisius will be moved to that of Blessed Imelda (who will also eventually be canonized as a Saint, since she was chosen by Mary for this event). The Miracle has three aspects: worldwide healings, conversion of unbelievers, and the many permanent miraculous signs. All of these aspects will bring many conversions, will bring many persons to the Eucharist, and therefore will bring about many First Communions (of children and adults). So it will be fitting to have both Saints who are patron and patroness of First Communicants be remembered on the same day, the day of the Miracle, May 13th, 2010.
Old 29th March 2009, 01:00 PM

That makes such good sense, and it also delights me as a teacher of First Communicants. I have been teaching about these two wonderful saints, but somehow I know that I will dwell upon them with a bit more fervor so as to 'stamp' them into the little hearts of my kids. They love the stories of the saints. Imagine First Communion for them this year, after the Warning....wow.

Joey
Old 29th March 2009, 07:06 PM

Default ST. T is my favorite saint....

I have frequently written that St. Tarcisius will be a Garabandal figure. Garabandal is very Eucharist-oriented, and I believe that part of the Garabandal message calls upon us to be like him, brave and loyal to the Blessed Sacrament until the end, ready to defend It at all costs.
Old 30th March 2009, 10:50 AM

It shows us once again the wisdom of the Blessed Mother.
By this I mean that Our Lady knew that from a child's perspective if a vision of Blessed Imelda was show to her it would likely be beyond her comprehension, to understand why someone would die immediately after receiving the Eucharist for the first time?
Whereas a vision of St. Tarcisius shown to her instead would be more clear cut and relatively easy to understand, demonstrating the importance of the Eucharist,
that a young boy was willing to sacrifice his life for the love of Jesus, despite hardship and persecution.
Old 29th January 2012, 04:20 PM
Mark

I just finished a book called "Little Sister" on the life of Blessed Imelda. Her favorit story was about St. Tarcisius, which was told to her on her 5th birthday by a poor blind man (a basketmaker). She prayed for the blind man that he would be healed and upon her death an at the age of 11 on May 12, the Feast of the Ascension, the blind man was healed.

The next time May 12th comes on a Thursday is 2016. Is this also a feast day of any sort?
Old 29th January 2012, 05:00 PM
Administrator

May 12th is the vigil of the feast of our Lady of Fatima.
Old 29th January 2012, 06:34 PM

Default Could this be finally the correct time?

I love the story of St. Tarsicius. Perhaps 2016 is the year we are waiting for?
Old 6th January 2014, 04:55 AM

I thought I would share this tiny bit of information which further leads me to believe that Blessed Imelda Lambertini is the "Eucharistic Martyr" described at Garabandal. Blessed Imelda's feast day is May 13th but she actually died on May 12th 1333.

A connection to another feast day and another saint.......

May 13th is also the feast day of Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament. This title was given to our Blessed Mother in May 1868 by Saint Peter Julian Eymard to honor her relationship to the Holy Eucharist and to place her before us as a model in our duties and devotion to the Blessed Sacrament.

http://www.catholicculture.org/cultu...ate=2013-05-13

St. Peter Julian Eymard

On 13 May 1856, the Paris bishops consented to Eymard’s plans for a ‘Society of the Blessed Sacrament’. After many trials, Eymard and de Cuers established public exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in Paris on 6 January 1857 in a run-down building at 114 rue d’Enfer (which literally meant ‘street of hell’).

In 1858, together with Marguerite Guillot, he founded the Servants of the Blessed Sacrament, a contemplative congregation for women. He is quoted as saying, “Religious life is not the end ... religious life is only a means.” And again, "You take communion to become holy, not because you already are."

The Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament began working with children in Paris to prepare them to receive their First Communion. It also reached out to non-practicing Catholics, inviting them to repent and begin receiving Communion again.

Pope John Paul II named Eymard "Apostle of the Eucharist".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Julian_Eymard
Old 9th January 2014, 12:34 AM
On Probation

Question where is the martyrdom??

I went to the website you included & read a nice documentary about Fatima. I read about a feast that relates to the eucharist.

I did not see one iota of mention of "MARTYR" or anything suggesting that any of the persons mentioned were in any way, shape or form subjected to martyrdom.

The warning will take place on the feast of a "eucharistic martyr".
You got the first part right: "eucharist".

Forgive me if I missed something, but where is the martyrdom aspect.

Many saints have been martyred for refusing to deny the REAL PRESENCE of Jesus in the eucharist. I don't see any of that in your post.???
Old 9th January 2014, 12:40 AM
On Probation

Lightbulb more onf the martydom aspect of date

Someone jokingly asked her about the sacrifices and penance mentioned in the message. Conchita accepted the joke in good humor and laughed.

But suddenly she became quiet and seemed to concentrate; her face lit up; and with her hands joined on her chest, she began to speak:

"The Miracle will be on the feast day of a young martyr of the Eucharist, a boy who carried Communion to persecuted Christians. His companions, on seeing him pass by, wanted to force him to stay and take part in their games. Infuriated by his resistance, they ended up hurling stones at him until he was left almost dead. Later a Christian soldier came, who recognized him and carried him in his arms."

One of those present exclaimed: Oh, that's St. Tarcisius!

Conchita, without saying a word, as if she hadn't heard, turned back to her pastries.
http://garabandalnews.overblog.com/t...charist-martyr