CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > About This Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th April 2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default memberships

I've been getting an increase in requests for membership in the group. Often persons apply for membership without having spent much time reading the posts, without really understanding the nature of the group, and also often without giving much information about themselves.

I have to restrict membership in the group in order to keep the group as a place to learn the Faith ever better, and to support and encourage one another. I've been in other discussion groups where the posts are a series of baseless opinions, many in contradiction to Catholic teaching; or in groups where members merely exchange false or baseless opinions, or mistreat one another, or otherwise act in an uncharitable manner. I cannot freely admit anyone who applies. Caution in admitting new members has served this group well so far.

I will NOT be accepting new members to the group for the present time.
[I've changed my mind about this and will be accepting a few new members.]
Old 6th April 2009, 07:26 PM
TheGiftOfLife

Ron, I commend you on keeping the integrity of the information posted here.
God Bless
Old 6th April 2009, 11:49 PM

It is still a great advantage being just a reader (non-member) of the forum, for all of the posts are still available and one can become familiar with the members' posts etc.

I was a reader of the forum for a few months before I joined and I ended up reading the majority of posts on the forum, especially the teaching series material.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:24 AM
supporting member

Default So Be It

Ron, you have earned the right to administer this forum as you see fit. Your track record and the quality of the group speak for themselves.
Old 7th April 2009, 05:39 AM

I support your decision and see the prudence in it.

I imagine I will need this group and your teaching even more as time passes and things unfold, as well as the support and wisdom of all members in love and faith, as well as a peaceful place to discuss the Faith, the events, and our troubles.
Old 7th April 2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I've been getting an increase in requests for membership in the group. Often persons apply for membership without having spent much time reading the posts, without really understanding the nature of the group, and also often without giving much information about themselves.

I have to restrict membership in the group in order to keep the group as a place to learn the Faith ever better, and to support and encourage one another. I've been in other discussion groups where the posts are a series of baseless opinions, many in contradiction to Catholic teaching; or in groups where members merely exchange false or baseless opinions, or mistreat one another, or otherwise act in an uncharitable manner. I cannot freely admit anyone who applies. Caution in admitting new members has served this group well so far.

I will NOT be accepting new members to the group for the present time.

Thanks God I've joined this forum, and thanks to you Ron, you've been answer any of my question and curiosity about our faith, and sure it has increased my faith, for one example of the fruit, I've prayed Rosary for the first time because of this site and God's grace that works within me, for a long time I always want to pray Rosary, but I can't make it, and after I share, read, and post on this site, at last I can make it to pray my first Rosary, and it feels so Great, and now I pray Rosary periodically. The other members are friendly too. It all nice.